Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 5/30/2011 (Read 218 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Thrown off by the holiday week-end - sorry!!  But here's last week's totals.  Good to see Mike back up there mileage wise, but Aaron is still in a league of one!  Very impressive.  Our group is now at 30 members, and we'd love to see mileage beside even more of these names this week!

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

amlinz 84 mi 10:10:55
    ChakaKahn 56.5 mi 0:00
    SForrester 45.6 mi 6:29:44
    nanxin 44.9 mi 6:25:41
    CarolinaBlue 37.2 mi 4:52:16
    old-runner 32.3 mi 5:06:13
    Happyfeet 30.6 mi 4:49:04
    theyapper66  23.6 mi 3:52:33
    cpaterun 15 mi 2:09:11
    CliveF 14.5 mi 2:08:36
    atomno2 10.8 mi 1:56:54
    rossruns 9 mi 1:24:33
    runslikeafraggle 8.6 mi 1:40:50
    alholley 6.9 mi 1:11:48
    dptgastonrehab    
    HashRunner    
    jdbrown    
    jumpman    
    lch    
    msf    
    p31runner    
    Pete.Hu    
    runNC    
    runnerchica    
    runnergirl.    
    asdg123 0 mi 0:00
    chuckplayer 0 mi 0:00
    Docster 0 mi 0:00
    Lpadg 0 mi 0:00
    sypniewskij 0 mi 0:00

I've run twice this week already - not sure if I'll get one in today or not.  Hope everyone else is finding a groove in the heat.

And the Goes To...

runslikeafraggle: Her first race of the year - 25:19 in the Lincolnton 5k.  Good enough for 5th female, 2nd in her AG, and 24th overall. Nice!!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

under a rock

Yay! I got the blue ribbon! I've been hoping for it since I'll never get the mileage star.

I'm glad I ended up racing that 5k. I started out slow and easy because I wasn't sure I really wanted to race or just run for fun. By the end of mile one I decided I was there to race. I doubt I'll race again until fall. I'm just not keen on running hard in the heat this year.

Happy national running day to everyone! I'll be doing my run later in the afternoon with Richard and others from the Gaston County Runners. I'm not looking forward to running in the heat but good company will pull me through!

Are we there yet?

Thanks for holding it down.. After a little funky hiatus after Boston goals are re-evaluated and it looks like a PR in Greekfest at the end of Aug. and an appearance in the KC marathon in OCT 15th should round out the year.. 

ALSO.. if you guys know anyone in the charlotte area interested in running a FULL or HALF.. let me know.. we have a group training set to begin June 27th.. no matter your level of fitness.. so if you have folks that have a bucket list and want to get started get them in touch with me. 

rossruns

Congrats on the race, Ashley!  You earned that blue ribbon! Smile

old-runner

Congrats to Ashley on the race and the Blue Ribbon! I just ran with her an hour ago and she didn't even mention it so I didn't know I was running with a celebrity.

I just got back from the Cotton Row Run in Huntsville, AL, which is always fun. Next week is the Charity Chase Half Marathon and the following week is the China Grove Main Street Challenge. Anybody else running either of those? Seems like somebody mentioned doing the Charity Chase.

Richard, I may run China Grove.  Didn't you win your age group on Monday in the Cotton Row 10k (how hot did it get...how did you feel in the last part of the race)? And didn't you win the Running Journal Grand Prix for your age group (comprising all runners from the South)...for the 2nd year in a row (so technically you did that this week since it was on Monday)?  Congrats!

Rob

theyapper

On the road again...

Richard, I may run China Grove.  Didn't you win your age group on Monday in the Cotton Row 10k (how hot did it get...how did you feel in the last part of the race)? And didn't you win the Running Journal Grand Prix for your age group (comprising all runners from the South)...for the 2nd year in a row (so technically you did that this week since it was on Monday)?  Congrats!

Hmm.  Seems like this week's Blue Ribbon will be a no brainer...

45 minutes of easy running with about half a mile of barefoot running afterwards.  First time doing that, and it definitely got me up on my toes. Shocked

I'm planning to run China Grove.  It's a great race - will be my 3rd year.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh no another barefoot convert!  

I am running the Charity Chase Half.  Hope I don't melt in the predicted heat.

Richard, I plan on running China Grove also.  Looking forward to it.

old-runner

Yep... I appreciate that Rob... It was hotter than H-E-doublehockeysticks out there. I seriously considered dropping out in the first mile since I already had a big lead in the Running Journal Grand Prix and didn't need anymore points to win my age group for the season (it was the last race). I walked every water stop and a couple other times besides that and was surprised to win the 55-59 age group at 44:42 with 82 guys in there... I guess they ALL walked the water stops! 

Shashi... See you at the Charity Chase Half on Saturday... It's a tough one but one of the best!

Lynwood... I'll see you at China Grove, and you too Rob if you make it. You should... definitely one of the best night races of the year. And Paul, are you running it this year? I know you've run it for the past two years.