Charlotte, NC area runners

Week Ending 13MAY2012 (Read 192 times)

Clive/Cliff,

the close-up of the singlet makes a huge difference. Now I realize that the guy you were running next to was wearing another shirt in that line (on the lower photo of the finish line, his singlet looks like it was emblazoned with a picture of a big "weed").  Good luck in Asheville!

Rob

I was too distracted by the nip-slip!  And no, Richard, it's the guy who's slipping it -- stand down.

I'm looking forward to this 15k.  Nervous, but eager to reach for something big.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Great, cool morning helped my get in a quick 5 miler.  Trying out some new compression socks and they're not that bad.  Never thought I'd wear them, but who knows?

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Clive... Good job on meeting your goal on the Asheville race!

I noticed that you already posted mine and Aaron's results on the Brooklyn Half Marathon and that he beat me on an age-graded basis (which I expected).

Just for the record, if you go back and look at my goal my first stated goal was to make the Top 10 in my age group. I knew from the git-go that the only way I'd beat him was if something went really wrong for him (which I wouldn't wish on him or anybody else). 

I did finish 6th in my age group with an age-graded equivalent time of 1:16:03, and also Aaron and I are the only two people from North Carolina to make what the NYRR calls the "Honor Roll", which is the Top 10 in each age group...

http://web2.nyrrc.org/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/03294.2.253856407268663319