Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 3/07/2011 (Read 229 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Last week's totals...nice week by a few of us, an incredible week by Mike!

Blue Ribbon will be added later when I've got more time.

ChakaKahn 75.1 mi 9:07:40
    nanxin 48.1 mi 7:00:12
    Happyfeet 41.2 mi 6:31:30
    theyapper66  40.4 mi 6:31:24
    CarolinaBlue 31.5 mi 4:07:50
    old-runner 28.2 mi 4:05:00
    alholley 11 mi 1:43:03
    runslikeafraggle 1.5 mi 14:33

I kicked it all off with 4 easy miles earlier.

MTA: As promised...

And the Goes To...

old-runner: First place age group and 24th overall out of 1,400 runners with a time of 20:44 in the Get Your Rear in Gear 5k in Charlotte.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Thanks for the blue ribbon Paul! In next week's race -- the Gate River Run -- I'll be lucky to get 24th place in my AGE GROUP!

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm sure you'll do just fine.  Is it a much bigger race?

Just found out yesterday that my family and I scored some free lodging in Charleston for the weekend of the Bridge Run, and I signed up yesterday.  Woo-hoo!  Who else is running it?

4 miles of tempo this morning - total distance covered was a 10k.

Paul

Are we there yet?

Way to go Richard and good luck..

Stay healthy everyone and good luck in the CUP..

So who braved the rain/flooding this evening? I spent most of the time veering off the sidewalk to avoid the mini-lakes.  Who is planning to run tomorrow morning (I would have to believe the flooding will be worse and if your out before sunrise it will be very interesting).

Rob

theyapper

On the road again...

Not much rain or flooding when I went out for my run earlier.  A little under 6.5 miles - was a bit harder than it probably should have been.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Hello?  Anyone home?

Not the best run today - just felt really heavy and sluggish in the legs.  Cut it off at 3.5 miles - figured it's best to have something for a good long run tomorrow.  It's a cutback week anyway.

Paul

Are we there yet?

Hello?  Anyone home?

Not the best run today - just felt really heavy and sluggish in the legs.  Cut it off at 3.5 miles - figured it's best to have something for a good long run tomorrow.  It's a cutback week anyway.

haha.. right here dude.

yeah.. so.. i left my garmin at work and Im rollin the Corp Cup w/out it tomorrow..

Have a good weekend runners!!

Congrats are in order for Mr Kahn.  I'll let him tell his story.  

I had a sucky race, the first one in the year is always like this.  Next year should try a couple of 5K's to get the racing legs before the HM

under a rock

Yesterday I finally got to run pain free again. Only three miles at the local HS x-country trail but I'm happy to be back. Though my muscles felt fine my cardio felt pretty weak after just 4 weeks of no running. This morning there is no tenderness on the outside of my knee. I will take this week to stay around 3 miles before I start working my way back to a 25 mile week.

old-runner

I read about ChakaKahn's great race on his blog... congrats for sure.

I ran the Gate River Run 15k in Jacksonville with 14,972 of my closest friends. Had a cold all week (still do) with lots of coughing and congestion and it wasn't great (1:10:04 -- 7:30 pace) but I still managed to finish in the top 5% in my age group (25 of 437) and 10% overall (990 of 14,972). 

Shashi and Ashley... If either of you can make it to Martha Rivers Park Wednesday at 6:00 pm it would be great for you to join us... any pace and any distance.

theyapper

On the road again...

Ashley - nice to run without pain, huh?

Richard - nice job even when you weren't feeling well.

Cup runners - good job

I got out early this morning for a 10 miler.

Paul

under a rock

I read about ChakaKahn's great race on his blog... congrats for sure.

I ran the Gate River Run 15k in Jacksonville with 14,972 of my closest friends. Had a cold all week (still do) with lots of coughing and congestion and it wasn't great (1:10:04 -- 7:30 pace) but I still managed to finish in the top 5% in my age group (25 of 437) and 10% overall (990 of 14,972). 

Shashi and Ashley... If either of you can make it to Martha Rivers Park Wednesday at 6:00 pm it would be great for you to join us... any pace and any distance.

Richard, my cousin ran that race. It was her first 15k. I'm quite proud of her.

I won't be able to do this Wed but I'm planning on next Wed for Martha Rivers.

old-runner

Ashley... Good... I'll look forward to you joining us next Wednesday.

Your cousin picked a good one. It's really a spectacular race, especially the "Green Monster" bridge over the St. John's river.