Charlotte, NC area runners

Welcome to our newest members! INTRODUCE YOURSELF! (Read 794 times)

Tar Heel Mom

kween

So do you report your mileage to Clive or does he take it off your training logs. Cause I haven't started a training log here in RA yet. I was going to wait till after the first of the year cause I will be in Israel from Dec. 23-Jan. 2.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

I use the Reports feature to gather the mileage data and plug it into the weekly threads.  But hey, if you're not logging yet, feel free to PM me or just post it in the weekly thread and I'll update the table.

Folks (hopefully) mention upcoming races or events (like the Fellowship of the Idiots run) along with goals and whatnot.  Then we heckle them, and Rob (CarolinaBlue) offers what he likes to think is a humorous critique.  Hilarity ensues.

The overall activity comes and goes.  The always-racing Old-Runner bailed a few weeks back, and there are another 2-4 folks who might be injured (judging from recent log entries) and not posting.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey Clive.  I actually ran 119.3 miles last week and forgot to add it to my log.  Want to update the table so I'm the top dog?  Wink

(Oh, if only it could be that easy...)

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Can everyone mention where they run around here? Maybe I'll see you on the Greenway. You can definitely recognize me when I wear my hippy pants (in profile pic).

Huntersville/Davidson/Cornelius for me.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Can everyone mention where they run around here? Maybe I'll see you on the Greenway. You can definitely recognize me when I wear my hippy pants (in profile pic).

South Park, McMullen Greenway (McAlpine also but now that will be out) and with some of the Charlotte Runners group runs.

Rob

theyapper

On the road again...

I run over in the Albemarle/New London area about 45 min away from Charlotte. Weird that I started this group when I don't live in Charlotte.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

under a rock

I'm in Gastonia. I run trails as much as possible and tend to stick with the trails of Crowders Mtn Park and Kings Mtn Park. Occasionally I go to USNWC, and I run at a local park or the greenway near my house when roads are necessary.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I'm in Gastonia. I run trails as much as possible and tend to stick with the trails of Crowders Mtn Park and Kings Mtn Park. Occasionally I go to USNWC, and I run at a local park or the greenway near my house when roads are necessary.

We love Crowder's for hiking, have never run the trails there. I don't really care for trail running.

aponi

never runs the tangents

Hi everyone

I came over through the worm hole from runner's world. I'm mostly running in South Charlotte - kind of a Freedom Park - Queens Rd sort of route. I was going to start keeping my log here after the first of the year. No reason like me being in Israel or anything, just figured it would be a nice, clean time to start it since I joined one of those miles in 2013 challenges.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

alywheel

I'm also stumbling in from rwol.  I promise I'm not stalking y'all, aponi and THM.

You won't see me post a log, since I'm intentionally trying to take it easy for a while - no real goals. Hopefully you won't kick me out for that.

And I'm pretty sure I recognize somebody here that I know in person from the BRR/Palmetto200...

Hi Alyson, took you long enough to find this place.
                          TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Can a Rock Hill runner join? Yet another RWOL outcast.

Cindy 

Is Rockhill closer to Charlotte than Raleigh? Welcome TWHgal
                              TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Thanks Happy Feet. RH is a lot closer. I do most of my training at the greenway in Ft. Mill. That's almost Charlotte!

Cindy