Last week:

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

Tar Heel Mom
    20APR2013 Tar Heel 10-Miler 10mi RTP, NC sub-1:35 1:31:42 WOOT!
    old-runner
    20APR2013 Run For The Money 5km Gastonia NC Donate $$$ 21:53, donated $$$

This week:

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

old-runner 27APR2013 Kings Mtn. HM Clover SC sub-1:40  
    TWHgal
    27APR2013 Kings Mtn.
    HM Clover SC not PW  

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Nice racing, you two!

Clive, I didn't realize that you were that old? Why didn't you tell us abt your b-day ahead of time. I guess this explains your recent medically induced race results as of late. If your interested, I have some contacts and I think your storyline would work really well for a FloMax commercial....the tagline being "I ran under 40 min on my 10K with FloMax",  or "Extend Your Run with FloMax", where in the "before" it shows you at the start of your 10k fidgeting around, and then a mile with a look of concern, and then 3 miles in w/a strained look, searching frantically for a port-a-john, kind of hobbling as you have a serious urge to go, and then going into the port-a-john, we then see a stream (no pun intended) of runners passing the port-a-john (with a close up the "Occupied" status), and then as your finally coming out of the port-a-john Margaret Haggerty is running by (we'll need to get her to sign on). And then of course the storyboard of you on FloMax where your confidently running along, no strain, no frantic searching, and then cruising by the finish line with a relaxed smile. What do you think (can you indemnify me for any possible HPPA violation for this btw)?

I like the idea, but we need to work out my honorarium.  Those pee-freely drugs ain't cheap, you know!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Last week:

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

Tar Heel Mom
        20APR2013 Tar Heel 10-Miler 10mi RTP, NC sub-1:35 1:31:42
        old-runner
        20APR2013 Run For The Money 5km Gastonia NC Donate $$$ 21:53, 2AG

Not to be nitpicky or anything, but I was 1st in my age group at Run for the Money.

Anybody else running the Kings Mountain Marathon or Half Marathon this weekend? I'm doing the half. It's loaded with big hills so I'm just hoping to finish in under 1:50.  Looks like they're doing a super job with this race. It started in 2010 with a total of 20 runners -- 15 in the full marathon and 5 in the half marathon! It's grown exponentially since then and this year they're expecting about 400 runners! Anybody else going?

http://www.adventuregeekproductions.com/kings-mountain-marathon.html

Not to be nitpicky or anything, but I was 1st in my age group at Run for the Money.

Not to be defensive or anything, but I just took it from the race results page (see below). Smile

I take it Mr. Sloand is not in the 60-99 AG?

PlaceBibAthlete NameCityStateAgeGenderFinish Time 
          36 1365 Conrad Sloand     99 Male 21:10
          48 150 Richard Hefner Gastonia NC 61 Male 21:53
          111 309 Walt Talley Gastonia NC 65 Male 24:11
          153 196 Kenny Lohr Belmont NC 64 Male 25:09
          177 524 Brian Dalton     93 Male 25:58
          244 316 John Tutterow Charlotte NC 61 Male 27:48
          226 67 Barry Crenshaw Gastonia NC 70 Male 27:51
          234 608 Jim Shaw     61 Male 27:55
          268 125 Barry Fulp Belmont NC 66 Male 29:02
          342 1465 Louis Wayne Caudle Dallas NC 69 Male 31:06
          437 18 Denton Benfield Gastonia NC 65 Male 33:28
          514 338 Barry Webb Charlotte NC 65 Male 35:02
          533 59 Mike Collins Belmont NC 69 Male 35:09
          545 1380 Danny McBee     65 Male 35:53
          548 491 Jerry Roche Cramerton NC 68 Male 36:17
          619 529 P. Edward Edwards     60 Male 37:33
          641 1354 Royce Robinson     65 Male 38:13
          622 339 Joe West Gastonia NC 76 Male 38:16
          630 144 Tim Hammond Lancaster SC 65 Male 38:23
          701 1281 Flay Anthony     66 Male 39:51
          697 389 Charles Earney Dallas NC 77 Male 40:07
          750 495 John Varalli Boger City NC 65 Male 41:12
          1027 245 Herman Parnell Belmont NC 83 Male 48:44
          1037 203 Hall Mauney Gastonia NC 84 Male 49:04
          1164 480 Robert Deaton Mount Holly NC 60 Male 57:48

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Haha... First time I've been beaten by a 99-year-old.

They announced me as the winner of the age group so I assume Conrad Sloand is this 17-year-old...

http://athlinks.com/claimworksheet.aspx?search=Athlete&term=conrad%20sloand&showmembers=true

under a rock

The year I ran Run for the Money they had the results messed up all over the place! Men were listed in female AG placings as well as some other flubs. It was a mess trying to figure out how we actually did.

old-runner

The year I ran Run for the Money they had the results messed up all over the place! Men were listed in female AG placings as well as some other flubs. It was a mess trying to figure out how we actually did.

It was a mess this year too. They had a bunch of 2k walker results mixed in with the 5k runners and everything was screwy. I think next year I might pick a race in Charlotte instead. Run for the Money also didn't have any food at all. They had water for the runners after the race, which was an improvement from last year when there wasn't even any water. Age groups were 2-deep in 10-year divisions (with more than 1200 finishers) except for 60+, where I had to try to outrun a bunch of 99-year-olds.

Haha... First time I've been beaten by a 99-year-old.

"When ninety-nine years old you reach, run as fast you will not."

-- Dick LeBeau

We had an "Adrian sighting" tonite on our Wed nite run thru Dilworth! I was tempted to shout out his name in Rocky fashion up the hill on McDonald.

Rob

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Anybody else running the Kings Mountain Marathon or Half Marathon this weekend? I'm doing the half. It's loaded with big hills so I'm just hoping to finish in under 1:50.  Looks like they're doing a super job with this race. It started in 2010 with a total of 20 runners -- 15 in the full marathon and 5 in the half marathon! It's grown exponentially since then and this year they're expecting about 400 runners! Anybody else going?

http://www.adventuregeekproductions.com/kings-mountain-marathon.html

I am.  I'm hoping to not have a PW.  That's my goal.  I ran 7 miles of the course a couple of weekends ago.  Definitely hilly!  I'll be somewhere in the back jogging/walking along in a skirt.

Cindy 

I've got a Cub Scout outing this weekend and will be lucky to get one run in. Angry

-- Dick LeBeau

We had an "Adrian sighting" tonite on our Wed nite run thru Dilworth! I was tempted to shout out his name in Rocky fashion up the hill on McDonald.

Yeah, it has been a long time for me with the group. But the Rocky reference probably could have motivated me up the hill! Big grin

Felt good to be back.

old-runner

I am.  I'm hoping to not have a PW.  That's my goal.  I ran 7 miles of the course a couple of weekends ago.  Definitely hilly!  I'll be somewhere in the back jogging/walking along in a skirt.

Great... I hope you'll give me a yell if you see me out there and tell me who you are... I'll keep an eye out for the skirt!

Adrian? I use to run with an Adrian.

under a rock

Is anyone going to the Run Your Heart for Boston run on Sunday?