CarolinaBlue 51.8 Mi 7:21:54
    theyapper66  38.1 Mi 7:01:00
    runslikeagirl 29.3 Mi 6:01:23
    CliveFenster 27.4 Mi 4:01:23
    old-runner 24.2 Mi 3:30:57
    Happyfeet 21.4 Mi 3:20:00
    alholley 11.5 Mi 1:41:25
    Docster 10.4 Mi 1:28:23

Sure, I did this because I had the second highest mileage, but I'll try to add it even when I don't.  It was just so nice of Clive, Sashi and Richard to go easy so that I could shoot up there.  I expect this week will follow a more normal trend. 

Got up and kicked the new week off with 45 minutes at recovery pace.  Felt great.  One week closer to fall!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Sure buddy, Nice of you start the tallying on the weekend I am out on vacation (not really had way too many kids to take care of).

P.S You have a target on your back now regarding the weekly miles, at least until November.

under a rock

Wow, look at me in 3rd! (only due to others' injuries and vacation)

I did my longest run in aabout 8 years on Saturday. I did 15 at Crowders Mtn. We ran from the park visitor center to the boulders access parking and back. It was good but tough run. My next long run is set to be 17 miles. I'm anxious about getting that one done since that will be my longest run ever! I feel like if I make it through that run fine I'll be okay for the rest of my training.

This week is a recovery week so my mileage will be a bit lower but I know it's good for my body.

So that's how it's going to be, huh?  I've got a 20-miler on the schedule for Sunday, so my total should be a smidge higher than last week's.   (And it'll be alone in Kiawah, so that ought to be fun.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

And what's worse is that when I copied and pasted the chart in, it included the star by my name!  Looks like I gave myself an award or something.

I check those totals every week, and I know where I usually am.  I was pretty surprised with being in second.  I figured all of you had cutback weeks.  My mileage is up some because of the doubles I'm doing (albeit, at a very slow pace) by running with both my sons at their XC practices.

Paul

old-runner

That's a good idea Paul... hope you'll continue to do it! Might be a while before I build up to 40 miles again.

CarolinaBlue is really putting in the miles and I noticed he's almost as old as me. Hope he'll join in the conversation sometime.

I ran the Blue Points 5k this past Saturday and met alholley, who I see is on the list. He came up to me after the race and asked me if I was Richard from the RunningAhead group! He was really nice and I told him I hoped he would speak up in the forum as well. He said he runs with Lynwood's group over in Charlotte some.

No way I can run a 20-miler this weekend with Clive, but if anybody (Shashi?) wants to try for about 8 miles Sunday morning let me know if you want to meet at Ashbrook. I actually tried to run 8 miles this past Sunday but only made it for 6 miles before my knee started feeling a little like I should quit so I stopped there. Maybe I'll be ready for about 8 this week though. I'm registered for the Asheville Citizen-Times Half Marathon on 09/18 so if I don't build up my mileage pretty soon I'll be in a heap o' trouble.

theyapper

On the road again...

Richard - how was the 5k?  Worth me adding it to next year's racing calendar?  I don't know if I'll ever do as many as you, but I have learned that if I don't really target them, I don't do them.

So, what's a good number of 5k and 10k races in a racing season?  5? 10?

I'm thrilled to see this little user group growing.  21 members, and hopefully, like you said, Richard, we can get some more of them to add their flavor in the threads.  I love hearing from others about their training and/or lives.

Paul

old-runner

It was pretty good but I think I prefer the smaller races with maybe 200-300 people. It's easy to get lost in the shuffle or get trampled at the start with 1,000 or more people in a race. As far as how many races to do, I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I've run 97 in about 97 weeks but I told my wife after I hit 100 I'm going to slow down. I think half that would probably be a more reasonable goal.

Paul, are you running the Tour de Elvis this Friday night? To me that seems like it'll be a great race. I think Peter over at Vac & Dash is the best race director around. It's a bit of a drive for us but those races in Albemarle are always fun. Hope to see you there!

Thanks Paul.  I was at the beach too and ran 18.5.  My lowest week in 4 months. Figures.  I'll consider it my recovery week too.  Maybe I'll have to start manually entering or something so I can play too. So, on that note, I ran 4.5 tonight on my group run, and luckily I ran another 4.5 when I got home so I'm starting off with 9.  And I ran the second 4.5 before I read this thread. ha

Richard, I'm glad you met Adrian.  I told him the other day I was gonna start talking about him if he didn't start posting something.

Nice run Ashley!  I ran 15 miles once myself.  Haven't come close since though.  I want to run Crowders too sometime.  I hiked some of it but where I hiked had a lot of big rocks and stuff, so I didn't think it was runnable.  I can't remember what part though. 

Hey everyone. Thought that I would make my first post before Lynwood spoke bad about me.

Richard - It was nice meeting you. I thought I would ask if it was you since we just happen to be standing right there.

Lynwood - How was the Monday night's run? Hopefully, I will make the final Miles of Mooresville this Frida.

Adrian

Ha.  I knew I could get you out this time Adrian!  The run was great as usual, with maybe 15 people tonight. The usual suspects running 6 and 7 minute miles, and then me.  Seriously, a few went up and ran the Greekfest Race Course and I heard some 20 and 21 minute times mentioned.  I wanted to ask if that was their training pace but didn't.  The joys of being under 25 I guess.  The rest of us ran the hill course.  I was switching next weeks run to the Greekfest Course.

I hope you do make the Miles of Mooresville.  I'm looking forward to it.

under a rock

Nice run Ashley!  I ran 15 miles once myself.  Haven't come close since though.  I want to run Crowders too sometime.  I hiked some of it but where I hiked had a lot of big rocks and stuff, so I didn't think it was runnable.  I can't remember what part though. 

Oh, there are definitely areas that aren't runnable but if you trail race regularly, somewhere besides USNWC, you'll run into that. We just walk the boulder fields and run where we can. There is one group of boulders on Pinnacle and two or three on Ridgeline where walking is a must. Rock Top trail is over 50% not runnable but it's a great  climb so it gives your quads/hammies a great workout that converts to stronger hill running later. In general almost all of Crowders Mtn and Kings Mtn Parks trails are rocky footing but so beautiful and a great challenge.

I'm bummed that I can't make the Miles of Mooresville this Friday.  We're leaving the next day on vacation, and I'm already kind of testing spousal patience by running Saturday morning before we pull out of the driveway.

Those trail "runs" sound harsh!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Well, after 6 runs in 3 days, I'm ready for the next 36 hours or so off from running.  It has been sticky here this week, hasn't it?  Yuck.

Hope everyone's doing well.

Paul

Richard, thanx for the nudge.  I was looking forward to participating here but after I read Clive's comment about running w/out a shirt on from last week I was reticent (I always run w/out a shirt when the temp gets above 70 degrees).  Over the past week I was fortunately spared the sauna-like conditions being in the NY Metro Area.  It was "only" in the 86-90 degree heat index range when I ran but the difference compared to Charlotte was amazing.  Back today and glad to see the weather fr up there is heading here over the weekend.  This week I'm throttling the mileage down a little for some added recovery.  Btw, does anyone know where the start/finish of the 800m "marked" course is on Dilworth West & Dilworth East (I see the 200m, 400m & 600m marks)?  Rob

Rob