8.1 mi
    TWHgal 5.5 mi
    alholley 2.8 mi

Last week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result
      nada          

This week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result
    CliveF 06JUL2013 Firecracker 5km Huntersville NC Run hard.  

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I want to run the Firecracker 5k tomorrow in Providence (I think).  Last year was super hot at 95 degrees or something.  This year should be a bit cooler maybe even some rain.  Will be a game time decision, anyone else?

oh and to Rob's question in last week's thread, if we can't bitch about the weather, there may not be much else to post.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Firecracker 5K is the Olde Providence neighborhood off Rea Rd.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Shash -- THIS ONE?  7pm tomorrow?  Weather Channel forecast:

77°  Scattered T-Storms

FEELS LIKE: 81°

HUMIDITY: 82%

PRECIP: 50%

WIND: SE at 6 mph

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Tar Heel Mom

kween

It's always too hot and humid on a July evening in Charlotte. That's why I've never signed up for this race in spite of being friendly with some of the organizers. Good luck, Shashi, but better you than me.

Yes that one.  77 and likely cloudy/rain is better than 95 in blazing sun (with the associated radiation from the asphalt) last year.  The humidity might suck.  Plan to use this race to give me a worst case scenario to base my training on.

Hey, there's also THIS Firecracker 5k in Huntersville.  SAT, 06JUL, 0745 launch.

-- Dick LeBeau

Tar Heel Mom

kween

7:45 AM is much better. But Huntersville is sooooo far away for me.

I know, I am just whiney.

Well, I'm contemplating tomorrow evening's Firecracker.  Huntersville's convenient for me -- I live in the LKN area -- but I can't get free this SAT morning.

I'll likely wait to see if it's really going to rain before committing to the drive down.

-- Dick LeBeau

FYI Clive, Its a net downhill race, so not record eligible.

No matter -- I'm more interested in the ambulance and emergency-room amenities, anyway.

-- Dick LeBeau

I believe the finish line is into the country club and all participants, along w/their families, get to use the pool facilities post-race. Last year around this time was when we hit triple digits over three days including 104 (so Shashi, it was relatively cool for the race last year at 95 degrees). Be careful at the finish and don't trip on the speed bumps in the parking lot. The timing company that they use has one of those large HD video displays at the finish btw.

Clive, the parking is convenient and this won't be a very crowded race so hopefully you'll be able to get your warmup in and use the bathroom facilities your normal four or five times prior to a race. There is water available during the race. Its run in a nice residential neighborhood so if/when you hit some turbulence you'll likely find a friendly home owner to help you out (either allow you to fertilize their garden or call emergency services). And CMC Pineville is only about 7-10 minutes away for an emergency vehicle.

I got great news today...the rash that was present on my lower back early last week, and then spread across my face mid last week, and then across my neck and upper chest over the weekend, and looks a lot like chicken pox (big raised red spots, they then fill w/puss, and then crust -- looks great on one's face) is not chicken pox, only a bacterial infection! And I got even better news when I stepped on the scale prior to seeing the Dr this morning, having not weighed myself since my left leg maladies started on May 1 -- I've gained 10 lbs (despite churning out 35+ mile weeks over the past 3-4 weeks in miserable conditions).

Rob

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Carolina Blue, yes, you are right about the finish at the pool.

Ugh on the bacterial infection. And the weight gain. Just ugh.

Shash -- THIS ONE?  7pm tomorrow?  Weather Channel forecast:

77°  Scattered T-Storms

FEELS LIKE: 81°

HUMIDITY: 82%

PRECIP: 50%

WIND: SE at 6 mph

Their website says:

THE WEATHER FORECAST IS LOOKING BETTER!

In the event of lighting, the race will be postponed by 30 minutes.

The race will NOT be cancelled due to rain alone.

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Their website says:

In the event of lighting, the race will be postponed by 30 minutes.

They want to make sure it's good and dark!