Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 16-22JUL2012 (Read 191 times)

old-runner

Good job Paul... I like the slow and steady approach! I hope you can build back up to where you had been without something breaking! 

I'm happy to report that Weight Watchers is paying off again and I've lost about 8 pounds in the past two weeks! I ran slow all week in training with about an 11- or 12-minute pace then decided to turn it on this morning at the Greenway 5k and hope my legs could remember how to move quickly. I felt great with 8 fewer pounds of lard and finished in 20:55 (6:40 pace), which is a 60-64 age group PR for me!

theyapper

On the road again...

Congrats on the race, Richard!

Last weekend I tipped the scales a full 30 pounds lighter than I was 15 weeks ago.  Weight Watchers + running + Insanity = a lot less of me to love.  But I agree, the running comes A LOT easier with the weight off.  Now, if we can just add fall temps.....

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Paul, nice job bringing yourself up to an enjoyable 90min!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Last weekend I tipped the scales a full 30 pounds lighter than I was 15 weeks ago.  Weight Watchers + running + Insanity = a lot less of me to love.  But I agree, the running comes A LOT easier with the weight off.  Now, if we can just add fall temps.....

Glad to hear your doing Weight Watchers Paul! And 30 pounds makes a HUGE difference, so no wonder you're doing better. I'm hoping to lose about 7 or 8 more pounds and get down to 138. I'd like to go even lower than that but last time I tried I just kind of hit a plateau at 138 and it didn't seem like my body wanted to lose more weight than that, so I'll wait and see what happens.