Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 2/28/2011 (Read 313 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Facing a pretty busy day today, so I'm hoping for an easy recovery run later.  For now, though, the totals from last week.

ChakaKahn 65.5 mi 7:51:29
    nanxin 41.9 mi 6:30:24
    Happyfeet 41.8 mi 6:40:35
    theyapper66  40.2 mi 6:11:24
    old-runner 29.8 mi 4:45:12
    CarolinaBlue 24 mi 3:09:37
    alholley 11.2 mi 1:45:35
    Docster 4.3 mi 36:30
    rossruns 2.5 mi 22:20
    runslikeafraggle 0.7 mi 7:28

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

It's a quiet day when I'm replying to my own post.  I thought surely we'd all be getting our runs in before the rains come.

A very slow, 4.7 mile recovery run.  Very windy, but very relaxing.

Paul

It's a quiet day when I'm replying to my own post.  I thought surely we'd all be getting our runs in before the rains come.

A very slow, 4.7 mile recovery run.  Very windy, but very relaxing.

Got in a  easy 4 miler on the TM at lunch.  Today is my kind of running weather, love the stormy clouds etc, puts a pep in my step, but I have stuff to do this evening

Running is stupid.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

under a rock

Running is stupid.

Amen to that!

theyapper

On the road again...

Did intervals today for the first time in forever.  5x800 uphill, ran the downhills for recovery.  Quite a workout.

Paul

old-runner

Running is stupid.

I don't care much for it either. I'm thinking about taking up tiddlywinks as soon as I use up this one last pair of sneakers I bought to run in.

theyapper

On the road again...

I got in 8 miles of stupid today.

Paul

Are we there yet?

You know.. when u say running is stupid.. I agree at first. It just hit me how stupid it is but then I thought about not running and THAT to me seems stupid. Random thoughts... anything that makes me a master of my temple.. helps me love my body.. in turn I love myself.. feelings of accomplishment and goal setting coupled with a therapeutic outlet for pentup emotions... now that seems a bit less stupid. I realize u were just goofing off Clive but it made me ponder how primal and relatively stupid running is.

The only thing more stupid than running is talking about running.

Evil

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

The only thing more stupid than running is talking about running when Clive can't run.

Evil

FTFY (and I am sorry you can't run - that's got to be hard)

Paul

under a rock

FTFY (and I am sorry you can't run - that's got to be hard)

I've been a serious grump since I haven't been able to really run in 3 weeks. Hopefully just one more week and I'll get to run. Nothing more depressing than logging 4 miles last month. Once I'm over this recent battle with ITBS I will keep my goals to HM distance and shorter. Like Richard I need someone to slap me around the next time I start talking about doing a marathon.

old-runner

... Like Richard I need someone to slap me around the next time I start talking about doing a marathon.

Amen to that Ashley!  Some people can do marathons and come out fine, but that's a long way to run and those who run marathons should expect to face the reality they're likely to get injured. As far as I'm concerned, the half marathon is plenty far enough for me to feel like I've accomplished something.

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice 1 hour run.  Ready to eat.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Did my Saturday long run - 7 miles alone, then 6 with some friends.  This was one of those runs that made me wonder if it's possible to go sub-2 in 3 weeks, let alone sub1:55 or better.  I guess I have to just trust that I've done the work and that it will show in the race.

Paul