CarolinaBlue 21.8 mi
    pneriah 16.5 mi
    Lpadg 16 mi
    theyapper66 10.8 mi
    jdbrown 10.4 mi
    alholley 8.5 mi
    fraggle 8.2 mi

Last week's race results:

old-runner -- 05MAY2012 -- New River HM (Brownwood NC) -- Goal = sub-1:45.  RESULT = 1:46:36

nanxin -- 05MAY2012 -- Midwood Miles 5k (Charlotte NC)  RESULT = 20:11

Upcoming races:

Lpadg --11MAY2012 -- Twilight 5K (Charlotte NC)  RESULT = 23:09

CliveF -- 12MAY2012 -- Run Wild 5k (Huntersville NC) -- Goal = sub-20.  RESULT = 19:44.0

old-runner -- 12MAY2012 -- Beach Blast 5k (Albemarle NC) -- Goal = sub-22.  RESULT = 20:58

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Funny that we both started the new week's thread at the exact same time.  I went ahead and locked the other one.

I am amazed that the second highest total was an unbelievable 60 miles and was still 40 miles behind the highest total.  Dang.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Paul... Glad to see you back in action! I'll be up your way this week for the Beach Blast 5k... are you going to run it?

I'm just hoping to finish in less than 22 minutes. I've got a plantar wart on the bottom of my left foot that's starting to give me fits. Anybody else ever had that problem? I ran 4 miles today and it felt like I had a pebble or something in my shoe. I want to get rid of it but I don't want to make it worse before I make it better. I'm running the Brooklyn Half Marathon May 19th and I don't want to go up there with a sore foot and not be able to run.

theyapper

On the road again...

No, but I'll be happy to hand you water at mile 1 if you want it!

Paul... Glad to see you back in action! I'll be up your way this week for the Beach Blast 5k... are you going to run it?

Paul

old-runner

No, but I'll be happy to hand you water at mile 1 if you want it!

Great... so you're volunteering I presume? What a great running community they have up in Albemarle with all the Vac & Dash stuff... I'm jealous! I told Peter he ought to open a branch in Gastonia. 

I'll be on the lookout for you at mile 1. I don't usually get water at the water stations in races -- especially at mile 1 -- but I'll say howdy!

theyapper

On the road again...

Yep, I'll be volunteering at the first water stop.  I'm not much for drinking water during a 5k either, although the race in China Grove is one that I'll take a sip and dump the rest on my head.

I'll be watching for you.

Paul

Anyone know any flattish 5K in July (preferably week 1 as I may destroy my quads at "The SCREAM"), was thinking of Greek fest, but that is in August.  My current training plan ends in June, and want to benchmark my progress.

Huntersville's Firecracker 5k?  (The link is to their 2011 race site; they're still working on the 2012 webpage.)  Course map HERE.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Clive is 100 ft in 1 mile your definition of flat?  and a downhill start just like my attempt last week which did not go well?   Atleast when I mapped this in RA shows a 100 ft downhill in mile 1, gains it all back in mile 2.

That said I did look that up, and may end up running it at least not many turns to contend with. 

theyapper

On the road again...

What about the Run for the Greenway 5K in Salisbury end of July?  I can't find a map but I think Richard has run it.  They promote it as a flat course.

Paul

old-runner

I have a hard time remembering what's flat and what's hilly but I've run both of those mentioned and they're both good races. Seems like Huntersville is the flatter one between those two. I've run that Salisbury course a couple times including just a couple months ago but can't remember much about it really. I think I'm starting to get signs of oldtimers disease.

On the bright side, I finally managed to get back on my diet and in less than a week I've dropped about 5 pounds... yee-haw! 

It's in June, but there's the Pick Your Poison 5k up in Davidson.  (I'm thinking about running the 10k.)

-- Dick LeBeau

Shashi,

the China Grove Main Street 5k is the 2nd week in June and that is relatively flat and a very good race to test your fitness (its a Friday night race). The food post race is really great (ask Richard...he may put those 5 lbs back on that he recently lost if he is participating in this race).

Rob

It's in June, but there's the Pick Your Poison 5k up in Davidson.  (I'm thinking about running the 10k.)

Thanks Clive/Rob, Both those 6/8, 6/9 races might be perfect as the plan calls for a race that week.  But what do you know, my daughter has a swim meet that weekend, will pick the race based on what she is swimming, either the Friday evening one (where I'll likely melt again) or the Sat Morning one (unlikely as it is quite a haul to Davidson and then back the other way to Shelby for the swim meet).

theyapper

On the road again...

If the China Grove race fits your schedule, that's the one I'd pick for measuring progress.  The food is worth the race. Wink

Paul