Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 10/11/2010 (Read 153 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Got in late last night after a weekend in TN and seeing my sons  run their conference XC meet.  Their boys and girls teams swept the meet and took home the first place hardware.  Boys are conference champs.  I have been amazed at the improvement they've shown over the season.  One has dropped 6 minutes off his time and the other almost 10.  Pretty cool.

Some incredible mileage totals from last week.  Good job, everyone!  I don't know how this week will turn out for me, since I missed my Monday run and I am butt tired today from the traveling.  I guess I just need to suck it up. Roll eyes

NameDistance ▼Time
    CarolinaBlue 54.3 Mi 7:19:46
    ChakaKahn 50.1 Mi 6:26:12
    Happyfeet 43.5 Mi 6:55:00
    asdg123 42.2 Mi 6:53:54
    old-runner 37.2 Mi 5:19:54
    theyapper66  37 Mi 6:17:11
    chuckplayer 27.8 Mi 3:51:28
    cpaterun 24.3 Mi 3:55:38
    Lpadg 22.5 Mi 3:30:23
    runslikeagirl 19.3 Mi 3:37:23
    alholley 11.9 Mi 1:51:14
    CliveFenster 8.5 Mi 1:16:11
    Docster 4.9 Mi 42:39

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Paul, congrats on helping guide the kids to such a great achievement.

I'm spending this week easing back into running consistently.  Gonna shoot for five days, maybe six, and nothing longer than 5 miles max.  Possibly some striders after a run or two.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Sounds like a good plan, Clive, and thanks about the boys.  It was cool to see the payoff for them both.  I'm hoping that this running bug gets a hold of them.  Seems like a lot of work going from a non-runner to runner to then just stop.  Time will tell.

Got in 9 miles of pace this morning.  Had planned on doing easy miles, but the pace run kind of happened on its own, so i went with it.  Noticed how much warmer it feels today.  It was 70F at the end of my run.

Paul

under a rock

Still tapering this week and trying to avoid the virus that my son dragged home from preschool. My legs feel really good. Three more days to my marathon debut! Yippee!

Paul, that's awesome about your sons' team! Congrats!

That's great to hear Paul.  Congratulations on your XC victory.  That's gotta feel good.

Clive, I hope you get your legs back under you.  I look forward to hearing about your next attempt.

Go get em Ashley! I know you'll do great.  You've trained hard!

Nice little 4.n miler this morning.  SIXTY degrees!  Humid, sure, but still -- sixty degrees!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Me, too, Clive.  4 miles just after the rain stopped.

Paul

Ran 6.5 miles in a cold pouring rain tonite...massive puddles, twice I stepped into what I thought was a puddle in the road only to sink down above my ankle in cold water (not a great experience especially in the dark).  In the NY Area today.  I thought a found a nice tune-up (flat) 5k race across the river in NJ Saturday morning....but the forecast here calls for 25 mph winds with gusts up to 50 mph Friday evening into Saturday!

Rob

theyapper

On the road again...

Had a very easy 9 mile run early this morning.  Nice, cold, and the run that put me over 3,000 miles since I started this journey back in '08.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Hope everyone has a great week-end of running.  When is Ashley's race again?  Today or tomorrow?  I'm sure she'll beast it.

Got in a 19 miler today.  Had a great time and did a long run with a fast finish at the end.  Last 4 miles pace times worked down slowly from 9:50 to 8:40.  Felt good to carry some speed at the end on tired legs.

Paul

Hope everyone has a great week-end of running.  When is Ashley's race again?  Today or tomorrow?  I'm sure she'll beast it.

Got in a 19 miler today.  Had a great time and did a long run with a fast finish at the end.  Last 4 miles pace times worked down slowly from 9:50 to 8:40.  Felt good to carry some speed at the end on tired legs.

Marathon's today, started at 0815.  No results posted on their site yet, though.

Nice work on the 19, especially the fast-finish!  I'm jealous that you get to do your long runs in cooler weather!

-- Dick LeBeau

Ran a solid "Goal Pace" tempo-like run.  Goal was a 20:40 5k (6:40 pace). Actual: ran 3.75 miles at 6:39 pace (20:35 5k in there or ~97% of goal pace).  Felt strong and descended effort.  Paul -- its always a nice feeling to finish strong especially on a long run like that...nice effort!

Rob

This past week had a few nights when life go in the way of running.  Almost hit what I planned knowing my upcoming schedule for the week.  My Saturday race did not go as well.  Was hoping to do around 1:15-1:16 at the 15K, came in just under 1:18. Last couple of weeks of training before my taper for the marathon.  Running the Down Half next on Nov 6th.