Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/5/2010 and 2 Weeks to Boston!! (Read 228 times)

Hawt and sexy

Water is not the problem.  I am retaining plenty of water.  I think I need rum. Can you mix Midol with rum?  Should I call someone?  Do you think one of those nurse call line peeps would think it was funny if I called in and asked that?

gaah. ig. fftttt.

I'm touching your pants.

Dave

Nice.  Now we're in the LLR .

So a question for the group.  I've been walking (briskly) with DW in the evenings.  Do I log it, count it against my running totals, or just be glad we get out together?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Well definitely be happy for the time together! I love walks with DH. But I also count it in my log, as walking (of course), but I track all cross training and include it as such.
          Last year when I was walking (you remember -- 11:30-12:30 pace), I counted it with the running until after those shoes were retired, as I wanted to keep track of the mileage of the shoes.  Then I switched it to 'walking' so my yearly mileage was just for running.

8.2 this morning at 8:20 pace

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

I think you could log it as walking.  I wouldn't count it against the running.  I guess it also depends how briskly you are walking.   Lou's walking pace of 11:30 is a lot of people's easy run pace, so fast walking could almost be equivalent to running.    At any rate, like Erika said, great to get out together.   We do family walks, with some spurts of running with me and the girls here and there, but I don't usually log it.

I have a question for you all, if you can possibly answer it.  I think I may have bad allergies OR still a cold.  I feel dumb not knowing the difference, but I'm from Florida, where people don't have allergies.  I just don't know if this means I need to rest or keep running.    My symptoms are basically, stuffy nose and a cough.  Not run down or anything- but a little more tired from the congestion and all.   Whatcha think?   I'm annoyed.  Smile

Bugs

Great runs going on here. Boston should be a great race for all. Glad all the injuries seemed to have cleared themselves up.

Dave,

I wouldn't log it myself...but I hate logging. I guess if you were worried about shoe miles, just not sure walking wears out the shoes like running.

Kim,

If you feel okay I'd run. You could limit to an hour, but run doubles. It is how I get over my illnesses, and works better than just running through it.

I bought a pair of Five Fingers.. Have not wore them much. Boy are they ugly!

Figured out my calf issues. On TM I can not push the ground, but outside I sometimes push it a ton with my big toe..over working my calves..inside of calves actually. Slowing down, not pushing the ground and my legs feel so much better.

RP is trying to talk me into running Grandmas. Ugh.. why I don't know. Have not cleared it with DH (afraid as it is on Father's Day weekend) but am planning an 18 mile LR Sunday just incase I go forward with the idea. Oh I miss the days when races use to fill up, as I would not be in this position.

Bugs

Dave

I have a question for you all, if you can possibly answer it.  I think I may have bad allergies OR still a cold.  I feel dumb not knowing the difference, but I'm from Florida, where people don't have allergies.  I just don't know if this means I need to rest or keep running.    My symptoms are basically, stuffy nose and a cough.  Not run down or anything- but a little more tired from the congestion and all.   Whatcha think?   I'm annoyed.  Smile

Sounds like allergies.  It is certainly that time of the year in NOVA.

OK, I rolled out my walking "miles" and established a new workout type.  Today is my last day of "Spring Break".  Back to work tomorrow and traveling tomorrow night (ugh) to DC.  Short trip.  Have enjoyed the time off.  Finished my taxes and got a better return than expected.  I should probably adjust my withholdings.  Getting harder not to break down and buy that Ipad.  How do you like yours Kimmie?

Nice to see you posting, Bugs.  I feel like I haven't heard from you in a while and I hope your training is going well.  

I feel like I'm starting to get back in the groove at least a little.  I still seem to run too much of miles too fast and am getting some sore legs as a result.  Spring weather making it hard to plod along until my fitness returns.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Bugs is back!  Smile  Cool that you figured out what was going on with your calves.   

Dave- I do like mine.  It's pretty cool.  When I read the card and knew it would be a "Congrats for Boston" gift, I was guessing it would be something running related.   Crazy notion, I know.   I am grateful for all of the technology that my DH has provided me.

How long are you in town for Dave?   Is it beautiful here, even with the allergies.     

I ran 5 miles in the heat.  Glad I could do it at all... but ended up with a decent pace, in spite of the temps and breathing issues.   I've gotten some more ideas from FB on how to combat the allergies, so i'm off to the store.

evanflein

Kimmie, I swear by the nasal steroid sprays (I use the generic for "Flonase") ever since I developed seasonal allergies here a few years ago. I'd always get a secondary sinus infection from the allergy congestion, yuk. Since I've started that regimen (need to start a couple weeks before exposure, so I need to do it now) I haven't had an infection and life is much better. And a "cold" should be mostly cleared up in about a week, but an untreated allergy will drag on as long as the exposure to the allergen is there. Other allergy symptoms: puffy or dark circles under your eyes? fatigue? itchy eyes? Colds don't cause those things...

Hi Bugs! I thought you swore off Grandma's after you ran it when it was so hot a couple years back? Maybe that was just the impression I got. Glad to see you here!

East coast gets warm, we get cold. Temps are in the low 30's today and a bit breezy. I'm scheduled for 8 after work, hoping for a run like Lou's but I'm tired so maybe not so much. We were up really late again last night, painting bathrooms so the contractor can get in there and finish some installation stuff.

Bugs

Erika,

I swore last year never again, but it sounds fun and I'd like to go show them I'm not a 4:45 marathon runner, even if it is hot has hell.

Bugs

evanflein

Ahhh, that's the Bugs we know and love so well.
                          Hi, Bugs!  I was wondering about you just yesterday.

PDR and I just signed up for the marine corps marathon -- seems like we should do the local, huh?  I heard on FB that it opened up yesterday -- not sure how long it'll be open.

Rest day for me.  First in a while -- not as long a streak Perry or willamona are used to, but I ran the last 16.  I guess this really is taper time.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

have you guys not run MCM before, Lou?   I love it but I don't think I'll run it again for awhile.

Bugs, I told you that Grandma's is still my 2nd favorite marathon.   Maybe it won't be too hot this year.

I think I will call Dr. and see about the Flonase.  I don't have any red eyes or anything.... just tons of mucus.  Smile

Hawt and sexy

I got multiple marathons this spring.  I need a costume methinks.

I'm touching your pants.

theyapper

On the road again...

So, Boston is right around the corner.  I know everyone is pumped.  Maybe someday I'll get there...

Took my wife to Savannah for a 3 day, 2 night getaway so we could celebrate our anniversary.  19 years for us.  This week was also my running anniversary - started 2 years ago.  If I didn't run in Savannah BUT took my gear with me in case, can I log that??  At least I got plenty of walking in.

Oh well, nothing like running a half on Saturday after a week of no running.  I'll call it an extreme taper and see if it helps me break 2 hours.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul