Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/5/2010 and 2 Weeks to Boston!! (Read 228 times)

aw, crap, cash

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

So sorry to hear Cash.

Have you tried sports massage?   I couldn't walk, even, when I first had a calf issue.  Went in, got deep tissue massage, came out and was good.  I am thinking of going this week to get it worked on, too.

Hang in there!

theyapper

On the road again...

Sorry to hear about your calf, Cash.  Hope it's nothing too serious.

My half did not go like I hoped yesterday.  I had decided that to go sub 2 my markers would be 45 minutes @ mile 5 and 1:30 @ mile 10.  I knew that would give me some wiggle room in that last 5k.  Well, I was all over it at mile 5 (45:18) and even at mile 10 wasn't too far off that target (1:31:07), but I quickly realized that I had absolutely nothing left in the tank to push that last 5k.  It was a very frustrating experience to feel my body fade like that.  I finished in 2:04.

When I really got to look at the data, I saw that my HR was high the entire race.  This was a very hilly course, and that's what got me.  When I looked back at National, my AHR never reached the 180s until the 13th mile, but yesterday I was there by mile 2 - and stayed there the rest of the race.  One thing is for sure - I gave it all I had.  Next time I'll crack 2 hours.

BTW - Chris (the guy who ran National with me) killed the same course and ran a 1:57.  It was his day, that's for sure!

MTA: It's time to add more hills to the training.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Sorry you didn't get your goal, Paul -- you're right next time you'll kill it.  Good for Chris!

Hmm, bit of a hamstring issue for me.  Not good timing.  I cut short a 12 miler to 1.3, because it went from "feeling it" to "pain, no limp" within 3/4 mile.  I'll take it easy this week and hope for the best at the race in 8 days.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hail to The Victors!

Sorry you didn't get your goal, Paul -- you're right next time you'll kill it.  Good for Chris!

Hmm, bit of a hamstring issue for me.  Not good timing.  I cut short a 12 miler to 1.3, because it went from "feeling it" to "pain, no limp" within 3/4 mile.  I'll take it easy this week and hope for the best at the race in 8 days.

Oof.  I saw your facebook status this morning, and didn't think that was good news at all.  Hopefully it's a short term thing.

Bugs

Lou,

Tend to that hamstring. Sending you fast healing vibes.

Cash,

You too. I know all about calve issues.

A good 18 miles today, nothing crazy fast, lots of miles this week, I'm exhausted.

Bugs