Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/17 (Read 251 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO LOU family!!!
    Kimmie

congrats!!!!  Smile  i'm off to check FB.
        Here he is, if you haven't found my facebook photos:

(rats -- not sure why it's not working...)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

That's ok... I did see the ones on FB.  He is so adorable!  I love the Big Boy sign too!

I know you all will love being grandparents.  

Did an easy track workout tonight... which seems strange because track workouts are supposed to be hard.  I just didn't want to go too crazy with 98 degrees and the 22 miler coming up.  800 repeats in the 4 min. range, plus or minus some seconds.

Glad to get out there.

Happy Camper

Congratulations Lou and family!  The pictures look great!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

I'll make a run at the photo.  What a beautiful little guy!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

He looks so big. Oh sorry she had a rough time delivery him but you got a cute grand baby now. Spoil him lots.

Ran twice today, this night gear rocks. My first run is about 10:00 p.m. Friday in the dark. Will be about 55F, and I'm hoping the wind dies down, been lots of storms here the last few days.

Kim, glad you knee is doing better.

Pam, I agree with Erika. I don't run near as far as you, but my back sure thanks me when I back off, but it also does better with strength training. You got some pretty strong arms, what kind of upper body workouts do you do?

Bugs

He looks so big. Oh sorry she had a rough time delivery him but you got a cute grand baby now. Spoil him lots.

As they say up in your neck of the woods, "you betcha!" (doncha know?)  Smile

Dave - thanks for posting the picture.  I think RA has a bit of trouble with chrome.

Hot and sultry this morning (is that the right word?  I think that works).  Anyway I tried to run the last five fast(er) but only hit goal pace on the first two of those five.

11.1 miles, 1:38:56, 8:55/mi, AHR 157 (81% MHR)

miles@pace(AHR) = 5@9:05(145), 1@8:54(154), 5.10@8:45(166)

theyapper

On the road again...

Lou, hot and sultry is a good description where I am, too.  Stepped out the door at 5:20 am and the weather punched me in the face.  76F and 94% humidity.

I was soaked at the end of my 7 miler.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Lou, today's midwestern word of the day will be 'Uff da!"

What part of a marthon would you pick to organize? One of my best friends is on the main committee for new Mankato Marathon 2010 and I get to help. The hardest part is designing the course. I have a new respect for people that make these things happen.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

Lou, today's midwestern word of the day will be 'Uff da!"

What part of a marthon would you pick to organize? One of my best friends is on the main committee for new Mankato Marathon 2010 and I get to help. The hardest part is designing the course. I have a new respect for people that make these things happen.

Really?  A Mankato Marathon?  Let me know about this.  I'd totally come back for that!  Uff Da, indeed!

evanflein

As they say up in your neck of the woods, "you betcha!" (doncha know?)  Smile

Nah, I think some dumb bunny up here says that a lot. Haven't heard from her in awhile though, thank God.

That is one very handsome baby you have there, Grandpa!

Bugs, tell us about how they design and lay out the course! I'd love to hear about it. That sounds like fun!

Ok, I've had a wonky tooth for a week or so, now have an appointment for a root canal on the 2nd. Sure hope that takes care of it for good. I'm so tired of this thing! Had to all of a sudden rearrange my day though to grab the sudden opening at the endodontist, so I didn't take a lunch break. I'll go for a nice relaxed 4 miler after work.

Temps in the mid-60's and sunny. It's really very nice but gets pretty chilly at night (we've had frost advisories a couple times this week). I think it's time to start aggressively cleaning out the garden before the moose show up to finish off what the voles didn't get!

PDR is from Racine, WI, and there are relatives from MN, so I've heard the 'you betcha' more than once Smile  (actually PDR doesn't have much of an accent, and I've lost my NJ accent, too, thank goodness, but the relatives...)

Glad you figured out what's going on with that tooth.

I'm finally in the air on the way to Boston to see that little boy.  I had a 2:30 flight but I guess there was weather alternating in Boston (mostly) and Baltimore (some), so the flight didn't leave until 10pm.

Free wifi -- woohoo (a promotion -- they're going to charge for it after they work out the kinks).  It works pretty well!

theyapper

On the road again...

Lou - I know you're glad to be up there with that new baby!  Enjoy it.

Did 15 miles this morning.  My heart and lungs hold up just fine, but somewhere around mile 11 my feet, knees and hips started complaining.  A gel @ mile 12 saved me and I finished strong.  When do the joints stop hurting during long runs, or is that just because I'm getting older?  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Hey Paul-

good job on the 15 miler!

I think that will get better over time.

From everything I've heard, the ligaments start getting stronger and that helps.

Ran a tough 20 miler today-  9:20 pace... ugh!  But it's done.