Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/17 (Read 251 times)

Yeah, Paul - I agree with Kim.  It might take a couple of cycles but it does get easier.

4.1 miles, 37:37, 9:10/mi, AHR 146 (75% MHR)

on the Chahles Smile

Forgot my mp3 player -- tomorrow's long run will be without music 

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Where is everyone?

Cut my run a bit short this morning.  Planned 17.  But PDR wasn't feeling well and I wanted to get back to her.

13.6 miles, 2:09:03, 9:30/mi, AHR 145 (74% MHR)

More pictures: http://www.pbase.com/lking/babynate

Good morning Pop Pop Lou Smile

I'm at the shore with Ken and the twins. I've managed to get a short run in every day as of late. Not sure about today though. Got lots to do and we'll be heading home tonight.

Bugs, I  haven't done  any strength training in ages which is why I'm having neck problems.Gotta thank that lovely snow boarder that used my back to stop him in 2001 (without any kind of warning either) . The fact that I can run and be as active as I am is thanks to all the weight training I've done in the past to strengthen the muscles, especially in the weaker parts of my body. I plan on starting back to at least pushups on Monday. If I don't get back to strengthening my upper body all the issue's of the past will just come back ( I was diagnosed with Disc Degeneration Disease in 2002 )

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Hope there's some good running going on! I'll catch up when I get home Smile 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Great pictures Lou!! Nate is such a sweet looking little angel!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Just a quick post, Ragnar was GREAT. Had a great time, thought I charged those hills very good and was happy with my running. Last run I was a little off in that I should have taken in more calories before. Our van 1 was really fast and often we had little time between legs.

The Great River Ragnar Relay is extremely scenec course. Erika for sure would love it, worth the airplane ticket here.

I posted in the Racing thread. Little upset with the cheaters in the course.

Bugs

Glad you had fun, Bugs!  Cheaters?  <grr>

evanflein

Cheaters in a Ragnar Relay?? Do tell... glad to hear you had a good time. I think it's hard not to on those things.

I ran 37:21 for the 8k this morning, which is 41 seconds slower than last year but still good enough for 4th female overall and 1st in AG. We got to pick our own prize and I picked two tickets to the opera next Friday. Turns out DH will have his office's supervisor in town so he can't go. Rats. 

Not too many people at this race, a lot of the fasties didn't run. Perhaps because the rescheduled date was a conflict? Don't know. The day turned out to be just about perfect, sunny with some clouds, temps in the high 50's, no wind. Would've been perfect without the gnats! OMG, I was covered in the little bugs by the time I finished and had them in my eyes, too. Ick. It takes so long to get this race wrapped up and do the awards, that I had time for the rest of my long run after the race. So... 1.2 mile warm up, 5 mile (8k) race, then 8.1 after for just under 14.3 for the day, and 44.7 for the week. This was a cutback week, and I was actually hoping for a couple more miles out of it, but oh well, I think I needed it.