Marathon Trainers

6/16-6/22 (Read 136 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good morning to all. Only got 8 in this weekend. Heading out to help with youth camp at church this evening (just one night) and might get to run some miles on a trail depending on how things shake loose. Trying to finish getting thigns ready - I'll catch up later.

Oh Mighty Wing

1 mile. Was aiming for 2-3miles. Run overall felt great except that the knee felt a little funny. So it feels like my heel is actually sitting below the ball of my feet in the new new shoes. I got new shoes last week which are the shoes i'm currently wearing only new. The difference is that the old ones have an insert in them the doctor gave me which is a padded heel so my heel sits up higher. So I'm thinking if I can get an insert that should do the trick! Mr. I - Have fun with the youth camp!

Dave

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a happy Father's Day. Mine was good but lazy, couldn't drag myself out the door for my long run. Got 4 easy ones in today and some weight lifting. Tweaked my hamstring but it doesn't seem like it will keep me from running. Glad to hear you seem to have recovered from your HM, Shan. Keep up the good work.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Happy Monday everybody. I ran 46 miles last week. Smile OK, Salad, P2R know you guys ran more than me...post em. Inerita, Make that youth run, you need the miles. Smile Dgb, you're have a tough streak of things wanting to hurt hang in there.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I ran 24 last week! 2nd highest week EVER! 3 and change today. Felt pretty good. Stopped short 1/2 mile in because of a baby skunk rolling around on the side of the trail and then wondering toward us on the trail. A couple of us just stopped to watch him because 1) we didn't know if he could spray and 2) where mama was. Eventually he headed into the brush - he was really really cute though. Just about palm size I would say...

Dave

I probably made it sound worst than it was, Bugs. The hamstring got aggravated doing some squats but I quit right away and it felt good enough today to run. Appreciate the concern though. Blush Beautiful weather today and I got out for a little over 8 miles. Trying to make up for lack of a long run last weekend. Nice cooler weather, steady 9 minute pace, and good HR control.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Running? What is that? Hour of spin and a bit over a mile in the pool tody.

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - sounds like a nice run Cash - sounds like nice non-running Big grin Hey what kind of water thingy do you have? Last night my IT's really got ticked off at this whole running thing... makes me think my legs weren't ready for the pace of yesterday's run even though it felt easy.
                  Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I LOVE track workouts. I've found that fast running relieves stress way better for me than longer running. I did 8 x 400s this morning and feel quite refreshed. I'm racing on the Fourth - who else?

Oh Mighty Wing

That's great Mr. I !! 1 mile... should I be concerned if my legs feel better running than they do walking/sitting/laying??
                        Well, back in town after way too much time with the in-laws. Good news, they live on a farm with sweet gravel roads everywhere. Bad news, dodging tractors and the dust they kick up. Got a 3 miler the morning after we got there (Sunday, I think), and an 8-miler Tuesday. My legs feel so much better after runs on gravel than on the pavement in my neighborhood. I'm meeting my dad to run a 10k on the 4th in some tiny town somewhere in south-central Nebraska. Kinda pumped about that, but I still haven't run a fast mile since the marathon (and those weren't very fast anyway). From last week's thread. Shan, there are some marathon plans on the ING New York marathon's site that looked kinda good. I'll try to post a link when I have more time. I might try one of those for a fall marathon. Happy running! -Brian
                        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

ShanHas - it's common. Sometimes I ached a bit in my achiles when sitting around/walking or whatever but it goes away on a run. Got in 6 good miles this morning. Got a nice break from heat.

Oh Mighty Wing

ok good! I was worried it was indicitive of something!

Dave

Nice runs, MrI and Brian. Shan, you might just have some residual soreness from your HM. Go easy for a bit and see how it heals up. For me, the R in RICE seems to be the most important. Beautiful weather on the east coast today. 9 miles for me in a perfect 70F temp. Was able to maintain a sub 9 minute pace without exceeding my HR ceiling. I love the cooler temps Big grin I ran Haines point, which is miles 15-19 (or thereabouts) in the Marine Corps Marathon. Hard to run it now without either remembering last years race or getting excited about this years.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

ohhh Dave that sounds fun!! yeah that's what I was thinking. So I figure i'll do my 1 milers to finish out the week and try to pick it up a little next week. Ok so my plan... Hal Higdon intermediate II... Set to start 7/21 so I have a little over a month. I'm thinking i'm gonna build the next 4 weeks so I can hit 30 comfortably.