Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/24 (Read 226 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats on the progression. My work runs also end with a short steep hill, which is kind of fun, but it makes my pace drop off and my HR rise, I'm sure Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

Happy Early Birthday Pam ! 

Actually where you are,  it is already your birthday.

Hope you have a great run to celebrate.

Hey, happy birthday, Pam!!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Happy Birthday, Pam.

Got in a little under 7 today.  Supposed to be easy, felt hard.  72F didn't help.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

run today was tough, too.  temps were in the high 70s, low 80s.  I purposely picked a shady route, but I was still inwardly whining about the heat.   It just slowed me down and sucked the energy out of me.

Ran 6.2 miles in about an hour.

Kimmie

oh yes, and Happy Birthday Pam!!

Cashmason

I have to laugh at you guys.   71 is my Winter weather.   Yeah our humidity is only about 50 percent though.

I volunteer at a 50k / 50 mile trail race in August where it is regularly 100 degrees on race day.   And a lot of it is steep single track.

The race starts and ends near the Palomar Observatory.

Hot and humid is why god invented treadmills and air conditioners.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hot and humid is why god invented treadmills and air conditioners.

I'm familiar with one of those pieces of equipment.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

Happy Birthday, Pam! Hope you got to do some fun stuff!

I sequestered myself into a conference room all day today. Had to do it to finish a big project. But, I'm done now! Basically sat on my butt all day today, so I really needed to get out for a run.

It got hot today! It was 80° when I left work. I drove to my folks house and parked the car in the shade, then went for a run on the Equinox trails. I can get on them about a mile from my folks' house. I forgot how hard it is to run on those trails! Wow... lots of roots, wood chips (on the marshy parts) and hills. I was a hot sweaty mess by the time I got back, but what a good workout. Now my foot is a little sore... hit some of those roots just wrong I guess, so icing it.

Cash, our humidity now (at 11:18 pm) is at the high for the day at 40%.

Yikes it's getting hot for everyone, if it 80° in Alaska.  I feel like a weenie thinking 65° was warm this morning, but it felt warmer than that.  (Humidity was 96%)

9 hard-fought miles @ 8:18/mi.  Last mile was the toughest because I run by my house at about 8.2.

theyapper

On the road again...

Lou, running PAST your house at the end of a longish run isn't a good feeling.  Nice run.

Rest day for me.  Maybe I need to do that sequestered thing Erika did.  I got a checklist that feels a mile long...

Paul

Yeah, anything more than 8.2 on a weekday, I have to retrace the start of my run.  Weekends I go outside the neighborhood so it isn't an issue -- actually I do pass my house at 8.2 so I get about 9 in the neighborhood, but I wouldn't have to.

PDR runs on a 0.2 mile loop, round and round, so she doesn't have to pass the house.  (She calls it her "hamster wheel").  I'm not sure which is worse.

Happy Camper

Congrats and belated Happy Birthdays everyone! Pam's will be easy for me to remember in the future as the 26th is DW's B-Day also.  Looks like we are going to have some great  weather here for the holiday.  No racing for me but will  enjoy seeing DD and getting some runs in.  Picture is from the last 5k I ran.  Best time for me this year and finished 8th overall.  Shot is just before I moved up to 8th place.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

theyapper

On the road again...

No surprise that you passed him, pace.  You look strong and he looks, well, not strong.

Paul

Bugs

P2R,

NICE MILES. Looks like you're running them a bit faster too. You look really strong in that picture.

Been in the 90s here dipping down to 80 the last two days. I can handle 80 if part shade. 90 sucks and I do short easy runs at noon in those temps to prep for Grandmas. This morning run was perfect 65.

My legs have been sore and really tight. Yesterday I had this slow miserable run but decided it was the only way I'd loosen up. Woke up feeling so much better, ran 4.5 miles slow pace with the girls and as they headed to the car I let my legs stretch out for 4.5 miles in the low 8's (half marathon pace) and ended feeling great. Thinking of running 22 instead of 20 on Saturday. Going to force it slow at least until the last five miles, and then only if I'm feeling it. I've set a PR the last two races and I would like to at the marathon too. I think most of my goals rest on weather, and not just if it is hot, but how hot the start is or isn't. I've yet to run Grandmas where you didn't want to jump in the lake at mile 3.

Bugs