Marathon Trainers

week of 11/23 (Read 280 times)

Dave

Nice run, Lou.  Not surprised about PDR's support for online buddies.  She's got quite a few herself .

Nice to hear from you, Cash.

10 and some change for me this morning.  Felt very weak.  Might have been the poor mileage lately.  Might have been the hills and going out a little too fast.  Glad I got it done.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

10.75 slow miles at 4:30 a.m. Should have taken the time to eat toast, or drink coffee. Was just dead.

Bugs

Ringmaster

Hey, everyone! I couldn't even keep up with the thread while we were gone b/c the house we were staying in had lousy signals and as you can imagine my time was not my own.

Bugs, I've never done Pfitz either, and it's a little late for me to try it now for this season. But it's funny it got brought up--I'm thinking that's going to be my next one and I've got AMarathoning on hold at my library--actually requested it just before we left. I'm thinking I'm going to need cooler temps to shave some more time off my PR so a friend and I are thinking of traveling to run a marathon next year instead of staying here, where the marathons are always run in 70+ degrees.

Congrats on the AG placement, Lou. That's a fast race! I'm running a 5k the day before our local marathon/half and it's the course I set my PR on. I'm gonna go out and do my best though my training hasn't been stellar--I'll keep you in my virtual sights as I run.

Pam, I hope your foot is okay. I don't wear a lot of heels (according to the podiatrist I shouldn't wear any, of course), and they're not very comfortable. Hoping you start feeling 100% better soon.

My mileage is in the tank for this month and there's nothing I can do about it--I might not even hit 80 miles on the month--pathetic for someone who thinks she's running a marathon in three months. But I really felt like I needed to take the time off after the race. I did get in a very nice 6 while we were away on a riverfront trail in Columbia. It was fantastic to run in cooler temperatures--I think it was between 40 and 50 while I was running, nothing like what we've had here--and the trail was dappled with sunlight. I got to listen to the sound of the running water and felt like a fool for carrying my mace since the trail was full of runners, dog walkers, and young families. Ah, suburbanite early-morning runners.

Hoping to get back to full-time training this week. I missed my migraine meds while we were traveling--I'm kind of hoping the doc says I can just stay off them. Stuff is nasty. If he says I can I'll wait a week to get it out of my system and then see where I am before I go in for bloodwork to clear any medical reason for the lousy running of late.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

Vix - I was thinking about you with Jupiter in the news.  How awful that was!

Good luck on the migraine meds.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com