Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/28/2011 (Read 260 times)

9.1 miles, 1:15:23, 8:15/mi, AHR 153 (75% MHR)

I blew off the speed work on my schedule.  Didn't wanna.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice, Lou.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

9.1 miles, 1:15:23, 8:15/mi, AHR 153 (75% MHR)

I blew off the speed work on my schedule.  Didn't wanna.

geez, some people would consider THAT speed work!  Nicely done.

theyapper

On the road again...

I did a mile less than Lou in the same amount of time.  I'm a sluggard.

Paul

Dave

I did a mile less than Lou in the same amount of time.  I'm a sluggard.

What's really amazing about Lou's run is how low his HR is at that pace.  Fantastic.

Looking forward to some treadmill miles this evening.  OK, technically not looking forward to them but hoping to get them in nonetheless.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

7 miles today-  pace was all over the place, because I thought I might try a tempo run, but it turns out, I did the middle miles too fast for me, and then needed some decent recovery time.

Sunshine was gorgeous, today, though.

theyapper

On the road again...

What's really amazing about Lou's run is how low his HR is at that pace.  Fantastic.

Maybe having run almost 12,000 miles helps with that.  Nah, that's just crazy talk.

Paul

heh, thanks guys.

3 recovery miles this morning, 21°.  Sky was just brightening a tad when I finished around 6.  Looking forward to some mid-week light during my runs, coming up soon.

Kimmie

4 mile easy run.

Have a good one all....

Check in Bugs and Erika.    Pam?    I miss you ladies!!!  Smile

I almost commented on the heart rate too, nothing quite tells your fitness like your heart rate, I never have been able to get my RHR down to where it was 10 years ago.

Since starting the very basics of speed work last April, I've had periods of consistency, periods of random untimed/unmotivated speed work, and zero running weeks, but overall my plan had me gradually increasing my speed every three weeks to goal tempo and interval speeds.  I had a couple of goal dates, and my last would have my speed ready at the point of starting 16 weeks of marathon training.  I almost got there and figured any improvements were good, and here I am.

I finally hooked my garmin up to RA, and went out and did an 8mi looping route from my front door last night, which I haven't done since before winter.  My Garmin shows a consistent 8:12/8:15 pace for that flat/hilly route over the last year, and it was kind of interesting to see that with the same perceived effort my pace is now 7:34 overall. 

going running @ lunch for the first time since my injury. Wasnt able to get out the last 2 nights. Last PT is tonight, unless my back goes out on this run or something.

I finally hooked my garmin up to RA, and went out and did an 8mi looping route from my front door last night, which I haven't done since before winter.  My Garmin shows a consistent 8:12/8:15 pace for that flat/hilly route over the last year, and it was kind of interesting to see that with the same perceived effort my pace is now 7:34 overall. 

Look who is talking about 8:15 being "speed work".  Very nice run!

On the HR, resting HR may be an indication of fitness, but looking at my absolute HR during a 8:15 paced run can only be compared to my other runs.  Everyone is different -- e.g., my max HR is about 208, which is pretty high.  If you want to compare two people, or make some estimate as to fitness, probably % MHR or % HRR (heart rate reserve - max minus resting) should be used.

Murphy - have a great run!

Had a very good run-back wise. 3 miles at 10:16 pace. No discomfort in my back. I am going on 3 days of limited sleep for one reason or another, and have a killer headache. It felt good out there though. My knee did feel a bit angry during the last 1/2 mile..but nothing Im concerned about. Probably mad about carrying the few extra pounds I put on.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

A running compadre is going to do a hard interval set this evening, at the track where we often run. I don't think it is an appropriate workout for me (being 1.5wks from mara), but I think I'm going to want to try it anyway for the fun. Who says the young have a corner on stupidity?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Good to hear your back felt good through the run, Murphy.

Perry - how were the intervals?

Got up early for a medium long run: 

11.1 miles, 1:35:21, 8:34/mi, AHR 154 (75% MHR)

5@9:02(144), 1@8:42(151), 5.14@8:04(164)

I was pretty happy with this -- felt strong the whole way.