Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/28/2011 (Read 260 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Good job, murph.

Did the intervals kill Perry?

Nice one hour run.  Booked my hotel for Nationals.  I guess I'm coming. Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Fortunately, he started early, so I jumped in halfway through the opening 3200, and just ran 1600 of it. Then I ran the 1600, but sped up and stopped at 800. Then I just jogged around with someone else, while the two guys doing the workout did the fast 800 at the end (it was a descending pyramid - 3200, 1600, 800). I had done plenty of fast stuff for me. Was pretty beat afterward. Lack of warmup might have been a contributing factor.

Today we marked trails then ran around trails, and I was sore and tired by the end - possibly aftereffects from the fast stuff yesterday.

But I did enjoy it all.

Trail race tomorrow - plan to get there early and check course, and also put out some arrows I borrowed tonight, to help clarify junctions.

So, Paul, ....

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Perry - I knew you weren't really dead. Wink  I had looked at your log and I almost died just thinking about running as fast as you ran during those intervals.  Crazy fast!

My long run was okay today.  One of those bleh runs that makes you doubt whether any noteworthy finish time is possible in a race.  Oh, well.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Just ran 8 this morning... been battling some sinus issues and didn't want to push it.   Longest I've run in awhile, though.  should make for an interesting race at national... I'm not too worried.

paul, you're going to do just fine.   

Q:   When you look at your graph for pacing- is it all over the place or a pretty steady line?  I still can't get the hang of staying more steady on the pace.  I feel like Lou is probably a metronome.  I'm not trying to speed up, but I get to talking and don't notice it, and then we're running too fast, etc.... It's not a big deal, just wondering.

If I'm running by myself, I can pretty much hold the pace, but I agree if I'm running with others I tend to run faster than I want.  Not sure how the even the pace is, but it's probably more all over the pace.  

Case in point, today's run was with a group (check my log for paces).  We hosted a "breakfast run" for our running club.  We had about 15 or so runners, with 6 and 10 mile options.  Some folks came an hour early to get their long run in.  Then we all had breakfast.  Harriet made a french toast  casserole, and muffins, and people brought bananas, bagels, other fruit, etc.

They particularly liked the brewery tour and beer tasting after breakfast.  Smile

BAKED FRENCH SWIRL TOAST

Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 45 min. Chill Time: 1 hr.

• 1 loaf (16 oz.) Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl Bread, cut into cubes 3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
            • 6 eggs, beaten
            • 3 cups half-and-half or milk 2 tsp. vanilla extract
            • Cinnamon-sugar or confectioners' sugar Whipped butter
            • Maple syrup

PLACE bread cubes and cranberries in greased 3-qt. shallow baking dish. Mix eggs, half-and-half and vanilla. Pour over all.

Cover and refrigerate 1 hr. or overnight.

Uncover.

BAKE at 350 degrees F. for 45 min, or until golden brown and set in center.

Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.  

Serve with butter and syrup.

Serves 8.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

17.1 miles, 2:28:24, 8:40/mi, AHR 150 (73% MHR)

6@8:51(142), 5@8:35(150), 6.11@8:34(156)

Not much of a progression run.  Felt great when finished, to get out of the rain and get into the shower.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Wow! Nicely done. Thanks for the recipe. Down on miles significantly, seems I have a cold and its making me really weak