Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/18/10 (Read 241 times)

No run for me today (or tomorrow, and probably not Wednesday).

But I thought I'd get the thread started...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Hey Lou, hope you're not down for long. Be careful on your ski trip!

No run for me either, but that's not entirely unusual. I'll try to make it to the gym/pool later and will run tomorrow.

Dave

Kinda thin in here today. Amazingly enough, I'll post the first run of the week.  6.4 for me in about 54 minutes.  For some strange reason, my garmin lost the satellites completely about 2 miles in.  I stopped, restarted it and then it tracked.  Hope this isn't signs of a failure to come.

Nice to get out there though.  Roads and most of my paths were clear.  Back to work tomorrow.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Good to be smart about resting, Lou.

I did run today, but posted on last week's thread.

It was a little rough going... still feeling Saturday and I probably should have stretched more.  Still, it was gorgeous out all day and I was glad to get almost 6 miles in.

Ringmaster

12 Saturday and 12 Sunday to get ready for my 3-race, 2-day event. Still wondering how I should pace. My last 10k was at 8:30 pace and my last 5k at 8-minutes. I run 15k first, then 5k about an hour later, then the half the next day. I'm wondering how much I can push w/o killing myself for Sunday. Surprisingly this weekend I ran both runs easy and ended up with the same average pace--about 10:15.

First marathon pictures, huh? These are nasty, and if I can show them, Bugs, so can you.   Remember, it was pouring that day--same storm in which 4 NFL players were lost at sea (2 were eventually rescued).

Before the rain started . . . still smiling at mile 9.

Thinking this stinks . . . but fastest way home is to keep running.

Coming into the finish . . . so glad to be done.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
            Mile by Mile

Dave

I was in such a hurry to post the first run of the day that I missed Kim's in the other thread .

Those first two pics are great, Vixi (and there's nothing like that finish line pic).  The first shows that excitement of the first marathon and the eyes in your second sort of say "What did I get myself into".

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Great pics, Vix.  I'm amazed at how you guys all seem to know where the cameras are.  I still can't figure that one out...

An easy 3 and some change today.

MTA: stupid keyboard...

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Another pic someone in my family took as I came down the chute to the finish.  Nothing sums up "heel striker" like this one...

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah, great finish shot Vix!

re: nothing sums up heel strike like...

Heh.

Ran w DW today - 2MP, 3x2mi tempo w 2min recovery, 3MP.

I pushed the middle tempo kind of hard, and was tired and dragging the whole rest of the workout. Seems like first time I've done speedwork in quite a while. Was more tempted to stop and not finish than I have been in quite a while.

Ran in shorts & short-sleeves. Heat-wave here. Mid-50s. Erika would probably fall prostrate from heatstroke Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Swam this morning till my arms were exhausted. Pist because I had a pink swimming cap that did not match my red swimming suit, and here I thought I bought black but when I took it out of the package it is dark blue.

Ran 4 miles easy at noon. Risked getting driven over by running on the dry road. I piss dry pavement. 

So happy I did not force a LR Sunday.

Vix, those pictures don't even compare to my first. I will post when i can.

Bugs

Cashmason

Yap,  any kind of foot strike by the time you reach the finish chute is just fine.

Went to see Avatar 3D today.   Amazing graphics.

Might try to run after I teach spin.   Raining like crazy.   4 inches of water from the movie theater exit, all the way to the parking lot.     Shoes and socks soaked within a few steps of leaving the theater.

evanflein

Mid-50's Perry? Wow, that sounds very nice right about now.

Cash, rather than running you might consider rowing. I hear you guys are in for a bit of rain this week...

Bugs, I run in the road in the winter, too. Our traffic isn't all that bad most days so I get a good amount of road time before I have to dive off to the snowy shoulder.

More elliptical today. Legs felt a little sore after yesterday's run and then leg weights later in the day. I'll run tomorrow, probably just 3-4 miles at lunchtime. Need to work up an abbreviated schedule for a marathon coming up in April, I guess.

Bugs

Bugs, I run in the road in the winter, too. Our traffic isn't all that bad most days so I get a good amount of road time before I have to dive off to the snowy shoulder. 

THANK YOU FOR WRITING THAT! Because I've been wondering how the heck does she run on this stuff. I've been beating myself up thinking there is something wrong with me. It really was not safe where I was running today. I'll keep trying to find a good road, but it ain't really worth leaving my kids without a Mom. Although the only runner that has ever been killed in this town got run-over on the side-walk but a drunk.

Hey P90x Bringers. My graston doc is training for a half marathon, he plans to run 0 days/week. Only P90X. Be interesting to see how he does.

Bugs

Dave

Hey P90x Bringers. My graston doc is training for a half marathon, he plans to run 0 days/week. Only P90X. Be interesting to see how he does.

Reminds me of an article I read about a guy who tried to run a ultra with only Crossfit training.  He didn't make it but he went an AWFULLY long way.  

Your doc may very well run a good half but I'd doubt he could race much longer than that.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I was shocked that Grete never ran over 12mi before she went to NY for the NYM in 78. (But, previous results suggest she was training at the very top of her game with the shorter stuff.)

Racing a half on 0mi/wk - yeah, sounds like it will be interesting to hear how that goes.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.