Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/18/10 (Read 241 times)

Kimmie

Rest day for me today.  Friend and I are really kicking the idea around about coming up to DC and running the national half on March 20.  Be cool to meet some of you guys there if we come.

That would be great!!  I'm still thinking about the running the half.  It's a fun race and we could do a meetup last year- where maybe I don't pick such a hard place to get to- and Dave wouldn't get lost.  Sad

I decided to rest today too.... man, sometimes it's hard to rest.  Cold sleet definitely helps.

evanflein

Hi P2R! Nice to see you drop by. I was wondering how you were doing. Would be nice if Murphy would check in again too. I want a new baby avatar.

Haven't done a real "rest" day since Christmas. I don't like 'em. I just feel fat. I don't run every day, obviously, but a light day is just a single workout instead of doubles. Today will probably be one of those. Elliptical and weights at lunchtime, planned pool run will probably not happen because of child retrieval duties, shopping and dinner fixin's for DH's birthday. I guess I can forego a pool run for his birthday.

Happy Camper

Hi P2R! Nice to see you drop by. I was wondering how you were doing. Would be nice if Murphy would check in again too. I want a new baby avatar.

Haven't done a real "rest" day since Christmas. I don't like 'em. I just feel fat. I don't run every day, obviously, but a light day is just a single workout instead of doubles. Today will probably be one of those. Elliptical and weights at lunchtime, planned pool run will probably not happen because of child retrieval duties, shopping and dinner fixin's for DH's birthday. I guess I can forego a pool run for his birthday.

It's your DH's birthday.  Let him watch you pool run. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Pace,

Good to see you. That's about what I heard about the course, some parts are challenging. Not exactly a fast course, but a nice course. Fargo would be faster.

Healing vibes worked, since about noon been really good. Miles suck this week, but I've learned to just bag running when sick and face the music. Less down time in the long run.

My cabinets are done three weeks early, we're not ready. Life is crazy, but damnit I'm running next week. Maybe the excuse for take-out will give me more time on my hands, doubt it.

Bugs

evanflein

It's your DH's birthday.  Let him watch you pool run. 

Oh yeah, that'll go over really well. I can imagine the only thing more dull than pool running is watching someone do it.

As planned, elliptical and weights at lunchtime. Now my arms feel all noodly.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That would be great!!  I'm still thinking about the running the half.  It's a fun race and we could do a meetup last year- where maybe I don't pick such a hard place to get to- and Dave wouldn't get lost.  Sad

I decided to rest today too.... man, sometimes it's hard to rest.  Cold sleet definitely helps.

Um, yeah -- some place that has parking would be nifty. Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I'm just happy that I don't have to figure out where to meet Wink

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

OTOH, it *was* near a metro stop, actually, so we could have done that....

Kimmie

OTOH, it *was* near a metro stop, actually, so we could have done that....

Ok, this time, somebody else picks the place.... I don't care as long as there's a place.  Smile

And I had no trouble parking or finding it.... now, would everybody stop picking on me?

Off to run 18 miles... yay!!!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Run, Kim, run, run, run, run, run.  Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

Hope your run went well, Kim.  I ran a third of yours and was very glad to only be running that much.  Tough mental run today with a good number of hills.  Glad to be back and done.

I should know this week if we're doing the national.  What I've learned so far is that if I do run it but don't meet any of you, it's Kim's fault.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Hope your run went well, Kim.  I ran a third of yours and was very glad to only be running that much.  Tough mental run today with a good number of hills.  Glad to be back and done.

I should know this week if we're doing the national.  What I've learned so far is that if I do run it but don't meet any of you, it's Kim's fault.  

If I run anything there it would be the half.  Probably won't though.  March isn't looking too good travel-wise.

Not much running for me this week.  2 miles on the treadmill today followed by an hour of yoga with DW.  I enjoyed it but I'm sure I'm much of a yoga guy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Well,

I think that everyone who either travels here ALOT (hint: Dave)  or can drive here in a day should run National and Lou gets to pick the meetup.

Run was just so-so... have a feeling that I ran early miles too fast- around 9:10s or so... then had to slow down.  My RP only wanted to do 14, we compromised and turned around at 7.5 and I told myself to add on after dropping her at her car, BUT I didn't.... just wasn't feeling it... stomach bugging me, neck pain, yada yada.....

Ah well.... it was a gorgeous day.

Hope everyone else has a better run than I did.

Kimmie

oh yeah, and Dave, I saw a guy who looked JUST like you on the trail today.   I thought that he was a little too short to be you- and what would you be doing in Ashburn, anyway?  etc....   I've only met you once, but I did think it was you  for a split second.

And glad you got some good yoga in with DW.

evanflein

7.3 miles for me today at -7°F temps, beautiful clear sunny day. It felt so good to get out in the sunshine and the bikepaths had actually been plowed after Thursday and Friday's snow. (usually, late in the week snow sits there till Monday) Legs did ok on this run and foot/ankle held up pretty well. Tomorrow's run will start as scheduled, but I'll pay close attention to how things feel and pull the plug asap if necessary. But, so far so good!