Marathon Trainers

November 2012 (Read 342 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Because it's November 3 and someone had to...

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Good for you, Paul! Thanks!

In Seattle this week with my folks. Dad is having surgery tomorrow. I'm hoping to meet up with some friends from the master's group for a run later today. I did manage a 3.5 mile run on the treadmill yesterday before I left.

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks Paul!

All is well here. A little leaking in the roof, but nothing the maintenance staff couldn't handle. Smile thank goodness I live in an apt or else I would not have been so nonchalant about the whole thing LOL

Erika - hope the surgery goes well!

evanflein

JF, are you in PA? I don't remember. Glad everything is ok.

8.6 miles today in Discovery Park. Hilly trail run, felt good to run outside in shorts!!

Kimmie

Hey all!     Good to check in.     I feel like I've finally come out of my slump/injury.    I haven't made it to the Dr. in awhile because of working, but I think it's mostly better ( my ankle)   it still doesn't look exactly like the left one, if that makes sense.   And I can still feel it sometimes, but I hope running on it is OK.   The most I've done is 5 miles, and I hope to get in to see the Dr. this week to make sure it's all OK.

I've tried to peek in here and there to catch up on everyone..... so glad you all seem to be going strong.  Smile

Great to see you Shannon!  

Bugs, hope you're hanging in there.

I'm just trying to take one day at a time and not get too ahead of myself.  Icing, stretching, preventative exercises, etc.....

theyapper

On the road again...

Had a good run this morning.  Trying out a pair of Newton Gravity shoes and seem to like them so far.

I'm in the 4th week of Nobby's training plan for my next marathon - it'll be March 9, 2013.  Seems like it's been forever since I ran a marathon because, well, it has. Big grin

Run well, everyone.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

Paul - I hear Newton's make you run up on the balls of your feet - is that the kind you have? What marathon are you doing?

Kimmie - hi!!! sorry to hear you are injured, but glad you seem to be on the back end of it. 

Erika - yeah, I'm in SE PA - but we actually didn't get hit too hard with that storm. The beach I grew up going to is a totally different story! Sad

I put myself back on a training plan - the goal for now is gaining back some consistency - day 1 DONE! LOL 

A trip of 1000 miles begins with the first step, right Shan?

Glad you're on the road to recovery, Kim.

I have a pair of newtons, but didn't really like them.  I ended up with Brooks PureFlows which are pretty even toe to heel, and very light.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Good for you getting back out there, Shan. 

I'd like to try the Newtons, but don't want to spend the money on them though. I've been running in the Asics Speedstars for awhile now, thru several renditions, and I like them. I used to wear Nimbus but those just seem so big, heavy and clunky now! I even wear the Speedstars on trails, but they really don't have very good traction on slick surfaces.

I'm still in Seattle, Dad got out of the hospital last night (earlier than we thought) but I don't know if they want to go back home earlier. Would suit me fine, although I'm enjoying running outside in shorts! Yesterday I ran all around "First Hill," also known as the hospital district, or "Pill Hill." We are smack in the middle of all these medical complexes, it's really pretty amazing. Virginia Mason just a few feet down the road, Swedish Medical Center a couple blocks away, Harborview (where Dad was) just blocks away on the other side. Lots of traffic and concrete, so sidewalk running at it's best. Got in 5.1 miles yesterday. Today I ran down through town (an adventure of it's own) to the waterfront, and ran along Myrtle Edwards and Centennial Parks all the way to Terminal 91 where I turned around. I do like that run, but it's a pain in the butt getting there and back! A little over 8 miles today, and the sun is out!

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - so right!

Erika - glad to hear your dad got out early! And that you are getting in some nice runs even if they are on sidewalks! Smile 

I'm in Saucony Kirvana's they make my feet happy, and Nike Free's which I don't really like. 

It's funny when I took my break from running the best I could do for a minimalist shoe to train in was a new balance trail racer, now minimalist is all the rage! Go figure! LOL

Running is going - i'm slowly getting back into it. It's hard to juggle since I've been working 12-14 hour days lately, which wouldn't be a huge deal if I it was still light out. I am also taking grad classes... really I'm trying to have it all!! haha

Oh Mighty Wing

I was unable to finish the Monkey... no hay in the barn will do that to a person!

theyapper

On the road again...

I know I'm only the clubhouse leader and this will all change after everyone else does their long runs over the weekend, but I've never been at the top of the mileage thingy in this group of elite runners before.  Thought I'd go ahead and post it for posterity's sake. Wink

NameDistance ▼Time
                          theyapper66 40.3 mi 6:30:04
                          WillRunForBeer 32.5 mi 4:38:09
                          AmoresPerros 28.7 mi 4:25:06
                          evanflein  23.5 mi 3:20:01
                          pace2race  18.7 mi 2:51:45
                          jhallum 15.5 mi 2:12:30
                          AussieGirl76 13.8 mi 2:09:02
                          TakeAHike* 13.2 mi 1:53:50
                          JellyFish 7 mi 1:16:58
                          Bugs 2 mi 20:00

Ok.  Now we can all carry on with stuff that really matters, like finishing off the Thanksgiving leftovers and putting up Christmas decorations.

Paul

We are getting a bunch of new members from the RunnersWorld. If any of you do check in here, please do say hello!

Getting ready to hit the road again and slowly build up mileage with plans to run NC24 in the fall and maybe a spring marathon.

Docket_Rocket

We are getting a bunch of new members from the RunnersWorld. If any of you do check in here, please do say hello!

Getting ready to hit the road again and slowly build up mileage with plans to run NC24 in the fall and maybe a spring marathon.

OK, hello!

RWOL ex-member here.  Marathon # 10 coming up this weekend.  Looking forward to talk about my favorite distance with all of you.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

rainmakerrc

Like D_R, I'm also new here.  Ran my first marathon a couple of weeks ago and am following Pfitz's recovery schedule before starting a new cycle for marathon #2 in early 2013.  I look forward to getting to know the group.