7 Interval 1 mi 7:56.48 55:37.67 7:57 169 173  
    8 Interval 1 mi 8:11.70 1:03:49.37 8:12 171 173  
    9 Interval 1 mi 8:11.75 1:12:01.12 8:12 170 173  
    10 Interval 1 mi 8:25.54 1:20:26.66 8:26 169 173  
    11 Interval 1 mi 8:35.09 1:29:01.75 8:36 171 177  
    12 Interval 1 mi 8:53.05 1:37:54.80 8:54 172 174  
    13 Interval 1 mi 8:57.69 1:46:52.49 8:58 173 177  
    14 Interval 0.15 mi 1:17.70 1:48:10.19 8:38 176 176

1:48:08 running in wind-driven sleet.   Held an 8:00 minute mile pace average through 9-miles which was my goal pace.   Miles 9 - 10 were into a strong head and  cross wind and the last 2.7 were straight into it making for a time sucking last 5k.    The sleet was so face stinging that I had to run with my head down. I had worn  my glasses at least but left the hat in the car since it was only windy and cloudy at the start. I was 4 - miles into the  race when the sleet started falling.  Finished very wet.  The split of 1:20:26 for 10-miles would have been a PR for that distance.  I finished the 13.1 with a 7 second PR.  That last 5k was at a very hard effort but just couldn't get the speed going running into the wind and sleet.  I did get what I wanted most of all out of the race.  It was a hard effort and it will keep me on the right side of stupid running the marathon at St. Louis on April 10th.  First place over all was a 1:14.  I scored a big bonus by getting drawn in the raffle and was able to select an entry into the Hospital Hill 1/2 in June at Kansas City.  There is a good group from Columbia that goes and now I will have a chance to join them.  Smile

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations to Lou, at least preliminarily, for a PR, and congratulations to p2r for a PR in sleet with 10mi PR en route.

I ran more of a PW at my trail race this morning -- some type of groin issue -- but consider it overall a successful event.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Lou, Bryan and Paul ran very well today! I'm most impressed with the PRs and running in sleet. I wish I could have made the meet up today, but family called. I can tell how untrained I am. I'm wiped today and ran much slower than last year. I almost didn't come b/c I was struggling with allergies, but I'm glad I did, trained or not. Looking forward to reading race reports! Sorry that you didn't feel well, Perry.
        theyapper

On the road again...

I'm sorry I couldn't meet you guys at Mr. Henry's.  I loved that place last year, but the stomach bug has run somewhat rampant here at home sice Thursday, so I needed to get back to pitch in and help out.

I'll do more of a report later, but I finished around 1:49:30 which is a 14 minute PR for me.  I really struggled at the end, and when I saw my HR data I realized why.  It was very high for most of the race, even though I felt really comfortable for the first 5-6 miles.  Even the backside of the race felt sort of ok except for the hills, which totally took it out of me.  Of course, I've never run hills that fast that far into a race.  I didn't think I'd break 1:50 because I'd had to take a few walk breaks in the later miles, but when I saw it was possible I sprinted for it, crossed the line and bent over.  Closest I've ever come to puking after a race, but after a minute or so I was good.  I left it all out there today, for sure.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

wow wow wow look at you guys, you all did so great.  Feeling untrained is the perfect motivator.  I hope everyone recovers quickly.

I did my final 20 mile today and again tried to find my pace.  Ended with an overall 8:16 which is not what I expected at all.  I went into it with heavy legs, I felt hard on the contrete and have some battle scars and torn pants (3mi in) and then it hailed. 

Heck of a 20, AG!

Bryan - great result for those tough conditions.

And Paul - congratulations on the PR.

Kim - train!  :^)

So my official / unofficial time was 1:37:04, still an 8 second PR

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Keep that up, Lou... I'll need it.    How was the meetup?   I haven't been over to the Masters group in awhile, but I do wonder how Tramps and his DW did.

Love that you left it all out there, Paul.   I definitely think that National is tough course.  I ran a 1:51 last year, but that was in the midst of training for Boston.  It's not really a course you can show up to and phone it in.  Those hills get me every time.   They are long....

Great run, AG!    

This one is next for me

http://races.zoomarun.com/annapolis/race_details.php

So, time to train.     I don't know if I can shoot for a PR, since it will be hot....   First weekend of June, but we'll see.

Tramps ran 3:30:23.  Just what he was looking for.  I guess his wife had some issues and ended up taking > 5, but finished.

They weren't going to be ready by the time we finished at Mr. Henry's, so Harriet and I just had a nice breakfast.

We'll see them for sure in about a month or so, as they're running Frederick half and will stay overnight at our house.  At least Tramps is -- not sure if his DW is coming or not.

Harriet and I ran ran about 5.5 recovery miles on the National Mall, past the WWII memorial, Lincoln Memorial, on the Tidal Basin, past the Roosevelt Memorial, then back up past the White House and a bunch of other famous buildings, I'm sure.  There was a bit of snow on the grassy areas and cars, but no rain/snow during our run.

I guess I don't have permission to view that link, AG.  Do you need to friend me?  I'm at http://www.facebook.com/lou.king

I forgot about that. Added you, and also made the picture public.

evanflein

I can't see it because I don't do the Facebook thing. Oh well.

Paul, congratulations on a very strong PR and excellent race! That kick at the end is awesome. Way to RTYP (almost).

Yay on the PR for Lou, too! 8 seconds is just fine, and as your times get faster anyway, the PRs get narrower. 

P2R! Running that time in sleet and wind, oh my. Great race for you, too. You guys are all just so inspiring!

And hey, Kimmie, I'm glad you went. A lot of people would've bailed feeling undertrained and allergy-stricken. Good job, girl!

You ok Perry? Sorry about the PW, but I bet it's still a time most of us would love to have...

I've been out of action since Friday. This cold settled in my chest and the coughing and congestion has been awful. Sort of that deep rattling-in-your-chest cough. Uck. Did about 20 minutes on the elliptical on Friday at noon and my chest hurt so much I knew it was bad so no run Friday night. Skipped yesterday's run and just hung around the house and did some errands with DH. Today looks like another nice day and I hope to get out and at least do a few miles. Figured at first I'd postpone Saturday's 10 miler to today and bag the long run idea this week. Now I'm thinking if I get 6 miles in I'll be happy. Next week will be serious cutback/re-build cuz I want to recover from this completely. I hate being sick. Sad

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Probably a good thing the snow came after National rather than before. Congrats on the PR Lou,  and the huge PR Paul.

Kim - off to training!

Gen - ouch - not sure I would have finished a long run after that - apparently you're very tough. Congrats.

Thought I'd do a slow easy in the snow, but it seems to have all melted here. Will still go out for a jog later - probably need to baby my upper leg/groin soreness a bit - but not sure if I'll actually have the brains to take it easy this coming week, as I like to run with my regular running partners...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Happy Camper

You're  legit now AG.  Welcome to the Team!  I think I prefer to fall at 3-miles than at 20.  Nothing like leg cramps hitting as you try to get up post fall.  Hope you are feeling better today.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

From Saturday's 1/2. Post Race with DD. She took 3rd in her Age Group. 

Erika:  Hope you're over that cold quick.