Marathon Trainers

Week of 9/6/2010 (Read 145 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm here.  I did 14 miles this morning.  Decided to break it up into 2 sections: 11 slow and easy then 3 fast ones at the end.  I checked my Garmin after the first 11 and my AHR was 149 and avg. pace was 10:38.  That's pretty much right on target for my long run pace.  I finished up with 3 miles of 9:40, 9:38, and 9:09.  It was good to run those last faster miles on tired legs.

XC news: my boys did great yesterday at their meet.  It was a huge meet and the course measured 2.1 miles.  Will ran a PR 24:53 and Parker was right behind at 25:46.  Not bad for adding an extra tenth to the course and after both being sick the week before.  Their times are really dropping.  Here's a video recap I put together if anyone's interested.  Will's the runner at the end with green shoes and Parker is right after him dueling it out with another runner at the end.  Parker won that duel.

Video link

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Wow, I've missed lots.

Brian, Great job on both marathons. I can't imagine running Pikes Peak let alone running another a month later. Amazing... and now you've got another in mind. Ugh.  I've gotten lazy in comparison.

Erika, Yikes, becareful. I use to take too many chances with cars, but I sort of assume they are out to get me now and watch them closer. I guess that is why I run mostly on trails, can zone out, not worry and just run.

Perry, Nobby hills? Oh my...

theyapper66, checked your log, you're doing great. Great job to the kids in XC. Do you get to train with them? I would love that.

Ran a PR today in a 15K, 1:15 on a very rolling hilly course. Really didn't see that one coming. Really wanted to die at mile 6 but did not fall apart and only got faster. 1st in A.G. I think my last 1st in A.G. was three years ago, man that felt good.. won a stupid coffee cup that doesn't even say first.  5K next weekend, and then a 10 mile race the week after that. I'm running the half in Mankato on October 23rd.  Will get a marathon in sometime, but in no hurry.. Life is good.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Woohoo -- Congratulation Bugs!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

Wow Congrats on 1st in AG Bugs.

Great to see you posting and racing again.

Adopted a Border Collie from the SPCA today.   Haven't  for sure chosen a name for him yet.  5 years old .

Took him for 2 mile run before we even went in the house,  then couple hours later went on a 3 mile run around the park.

He mostly gets along with Mutt Mutt,  but sometimes she barks at him  over sharing food or toys.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sounds like you got a nice runner there, CM.

Must be about time for Lou to go running (not me, I'm doing some computer stuff).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.