Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/2 (Read 328 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH BUGS!!!!!
      I'm signed up for Fargo and Grandmas. Lord help me.
      You'll do great!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Thanks guys. That signing up for a marathon always shakes the nerves. The good news for you guys is, it's a paid deal, so now you don't have to hear me go back and forth of whether to do it. Wink

Bugs

Cause I CAN

Kim, No massage pre-marathon Erika, Dam your fast. Cash, They can't afford to not keep doing tris after spending all that money on bike etc.. I'm signed up for Fargo and Grandmas. Lord help me.
          Not sure what that is but best wishes! Marathon? edited, never mind...saw your thread under it...anywho...congratsSmile
          Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
          http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks guys. That signing up for a marathon always shakes the nerves. The good news for you guys is, it's a paid deal, so now you don't have to hear me go back and forth of whether to do it. Wink
            this is why I signed up for mine the weekend after National - I figured if it's paid for I can't drop out!
            Kimmie

bugs, remind me the time between those two races. You're going to do great. Cash, you are a wealth of information.... very cool. I like the way something is mentioned and you just matter of factly write out some valuable advice. awesome... and since you're so good at giving input... I've got another one for you ( and anyone else) I'm feeling needy lately... Smile What do you think of Bikram yoga? It's the hot yoga that lasts 90 min. I'm thinking I'll try a class this weekend being VERY careful not to go crazy on the poses. I've done if before but it's been awhile. Hope everyone has a good day.... Spring is right around the corner. running later today... not sure how far.

Bugs

bugs, remind me the time between those two races. You're going to do great.
                Fargo - May 9th, Mothers Day Weekend Grandmas - June 20th, Fathers Day Weekend Five weeks apart

Bugs

Now you just have to find a July Marathon Bugs Evil grin Got in a nice 10k run in with Dh . Longest run for him in a few months. I'm hoping he'll sign up for the Half I'm doing in May so that it will help motivate him to keep up with his running!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Scheduled rest day for me today and I think I'm going to take it. Getting ready for the weekend runs. Going to do a long tempo on Saturday and a medium long run on Sunday. Not as long as last week but the same total mileage.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Enjoy your rest day Dave! I've decided to take the afternoon off to hang out with dh. Not sure how much longer I'll have him home during the day to enjoy Smile Have a great weekend everyone and for those who are racing.................. KICK SOME A$$!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

My after lunch run has now been moved to an "after 5:30 and just before the dark falls" run. Hopefully I'll be able to get in 3 or 4 miles later.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Started my run in a little bit of daylight and ended in the dark. 4.66 miles - and I ran it like a tempo with paces dropping until miles 4 and 5 which i ran home as a cool down. I've actually sworn off of anything faster than easy and long runs for the first 3 months of the year, but that knee sleeve made my knee feel so good that I couldn't help myself. Yes Thanks to whoever suggested the knee sleeve - best 13 bucks I've spent in awhile.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I didn't suggest it but I seconded the motion -- glad it's working out for you.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Good to hear that helps (but I didn't suggest it...) 3 miles easy peasy at lunchtime. Sure wish they wouldn't keep that gym so warm. I try to go really easy cuz I don't want to get all sweaty (no showers there) but oh well. Glad I bring a towel. It's snowing. This is not good news. Why the #%@& does it have to snow on Friday afternoon?? That means no plows till next week (if at all), and increases the ugh factor of my weekend runs. Dead Oh well. I'm going to a wine tasting tonight. I may not care.
                              Cashmason

Kimmie, try the hot yoga. Half my friends love it, half hate it. Take lots of water with you and prepare to sweat... a lot. Its always the same I think 26 poses. Some of the trainers can be yoga nazi's, and force you into poses that your body isnt ready for. The heat can help you relax and get into poses you might not be able to do. Most people say it feels very intense. Make sure you have nothing special planned physically for a few days, as this can be a tough workout.