Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/21/2011 (Read 181 times)

Kimmie

Sorry about your ITB pain, gen and Lou.

Great run, Paul-  90 minutes?   You are going to run so well at National.   I haven't decided if i'm running it or not.  Surprised it's still open.

Got out for a 3 miler today- felt great to be outside... all the ice yesterday forced me on the treadmill.... but today-   lots of melting, so outside it was....

I do need a goal....something to get my mileage up.

theyapper

On the road again...

I do need a goal....something to get my mileage up.

Your goal should be to beat me at National.  Shouldn't be difficult.  You're fast.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I want to run. I hate that I will have to start all over to get rid of big bars from my running log. The Flying Pig full marathon is looking doubtful if I cant get back running very soon. I will at least do the half. Physical training tonight. I really hope for some positive vibes from the trainer tonight. Normally, I would say I feel good enough to start running. But I havent been pain free for a week..I need to have him define 'pain-free'

Great run Gen.

I noticed how quiet it was this week and was worried those injured still weren't back out there.  Hopefully your appointment went well. 

great appointment. Got on the treadmill--walked. Was given some exercises to do at the gym. Probably just two more appointments--He'll likely have me run next week at my Monday appt. Hopefully he allows me to run a bit on my own after that.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Any chance of pool running Murph? I've known at least one competitive collegiate runner to do that.

Today was probably my last key workout before marathon, except for a 10mi race this weekend. Was the kind of hard workout I won't do myself, but did with someone else:

(separate 5mi easy run beforehand)
              1.5mi warmup
              3x3 steady state (w abt 2/3mi jog recoveries)
                2.9mi @ 7:00 pace
                2.9mi @ 7:12 pace
                3.0mi @ 6:57, 6:34, 6:06 splits

almost 18mi total

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

18 miles before breakfast, that is amazing.  Great speed there!  Enjoy your taper.

almost 18mi total

so am looking at your log...and your streak....

You've got to give a blow by blow after your marathon, you're going to do really well.  Are you aiming for a specific time?

Kimmie

Your goal should be to beat me at National.  Shouldn't be difficult.  You're fast.

Hmmm.... tempting.... don't know how fast I am anymore.

I should train.

Perry- I have no words.    You should be a trainer or something... motivate people to run 18 miles before breakfast.

Had a good run with friends- 4 miles... I like my little short runs.  Smile   I saw geese and lots of melting ice.  We have this loop that we call the lakes... very pretty.  I can't even imagine living somewhere without all of these pretty paths.

Ok, this weekend I will decide about National... probably just in time for it to close.  

Just signed up... now to get in a few runs that over 4 miles.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Are you aiming for a specific time?

Be nice to PR; that's about as far as I've thought it out. I believe that means 3:15.

Go Kim for National Smile     I don't believe I will be there at all this year sadly, but I haven't checked the date.

3:15 is amazing.  I'm not going to look up what pace that is....don't tell me.....don't tell me.....la la la not listening.

I just know it's so fast that I would never even put in the training/time/effort to see if it's even achievable for me, it's an incredible time, and obviously requires a lot of hard work and mental toughness. 

Murphy, are you doing better?  There was someone else injured too. 

I planned on 18 miles outside tomorrow, but unfortunately Kansas City decided snowing was a better idea.  Let's see if I survive my 18 mile attempt on a treadmill.  I know any slight gust of wind is going to feel like linebacker resistance when I hit the streets for a 'real' distance again.

theyapper

On the road again...

18 on a treadmill - hope that goes well and you have a good movie to watch.

Kim - that was one way to get a goal, huh?  Glad you signed up!

Perry - I love seeing your runs.  Can't wait to hear how the marathon goes.  You're more than ready.

I did a tic over 4 miles today.  Garmin never tracked it, but I run these roads enough to know how far it was.  Hoping for a good long run tomorrow.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

13.1 mile long run.  Glad to be finished.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just finished mine too - I wasn't motivated  to get out there either, like you Paul, but it felt good once I was out there.

I did my 18 yesterday, I can't say I enjoyed it, but it wasn't bad.  It feels like an eternity since I ran that far, and I'm just realizing it's been a year since my last full.  And...I absolutely hated the marathon that I'm doing soon. 

I headed to the gym just after 5:30am, slid sideways for about 20ft on some ice that used to be a road, hit the curb, and went back home to my grungy treadmill in my grungy garage.  I made it 3/4 of the way through Adam Sandler's latest movie, and about 3/4 of the way through Bridget Jones' diary.  I ran the first 9, then had to mentally fake my way through the second by doing 3, resetting the treadmill, 1 and reset, 2 and reset, and then I told myself I only had one mile left, a bunch of times.  It's not that I was desperate to stop, as it was a little boredom. 

The IT band tenderness I was having has disappeared, as I've been good about stretching.  PT was a good 'learning experience' for me. 

Although a lot of people tell you on here not to take Ibuprofin, I did have some vitamin I, and my legs still felt like I'd raced a full marathon.  Today I don't feel anything, and have been steamcleaning carpet and rearranging furniture, so life is good.  And...I only have 5mi to do today  Blush

Have a good week everyone.