Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/15 (Read 218 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Glad to hear from you, Murph, and glad that you're able to run.  6 1/2 months flew by, didn't it?  We need pictures!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

WB, Murphy -- 6.5 months, wow!  We'll be seeing our grandson, about the same age, when we go up to Boston -- can't wait.

I had planned for 10 at a fairly quick 8:20-8:30 pace, but early into it decided to cut back on the mileage in deference to the half marathon in two days.  I didn't want my legs to feel tired at the start of the race.

So I ended up with a little over 6 at 8:22/mi.  

For the half, I'm definitely in the wrong corral.  They asked my time when I signed up, and I figured I'd be close to my PR, but that's not going to happen.  I'll hang at the back of the corral and try not to get trampled from the folks behind me Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Seeing that I actually stood at the starting line with Perry and Dave and went out WAY too fast, this year I will be in the back.  Smile
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think we all started a bit slow for at least the first several hundred meters due to the crowd, and after that my guess is it won't matter all that much whether you're somewhat ahead or behind of your desired pace, as you'll adjust that naturally by your running speed.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

Hey Murphy! Nice to see you here again! 6.5 months? Really? I'll second the request for new pictures for sure.

And Lou, I can't believe NJ is already that old. Goodness... time sure zips, doesn't it? And my oldest turns 18 next Friday. Ouch.

10 amazing miles last night, have no idea where that speed on those hills came from, but I loved it. I'm loving the dry pavement that's getting easier to find. Need to still be very careful on where I cross side roads, as the intersections are like glare ice. But the shoulders are mostly clear and I can run along the road without too much pressure from the traffic. Speaking of traffic... I told DH it's time to move further out in the sticks. Too much traffic on our road now! Used to be you could count on about 30 minutes of "busy" in the morning and evening. Now that "busy" seems to run for hours in the morning and later afternoon/evening. Even when I was finishing up at almost 6:30, the traffic was heavy. Bleh. Can't wait till the bike paths are cleared and dry.

Today had a typical gym workout (elliptical and weights) at lunchtime and I'll run 5-6 easy (on as flat ground as I can find) tonight, probably while DS2 is at soccer practice.

theyapper

On the road again...

Had a real nice, very easy, 4 mile run.  Now, to survive the 6 hour car drive, which may be the toughest leg of the whole week-end!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

It's going to be great to meet you!

Drive safe and I will see you Saturday morning.

Ok, I didn't run today as planned.  Had some stomach issues from  something... not sure what.... I REALLY hope that this goes away tomorrow.    I had a cold last year at National and this year... stomach?  You guys are going to think I'm always sick.    I really don't think I'm sick, though, just food related.

I will test the waters with a short run tomorrow and see what happens.

Happy Camper

Yes we need pictures Murph!

Hope you all have a good race  at the Nationals this weekend.  Hope the weather is nice for you.  We had nice weather today and better weather will be here Friday.  Maybe you will have it for the weekend. 

I am on the entry list for Pikes Peak.  Looks like they will confirm qualifications and entries after the 24th.   Looks like it will be an experience.  I had my first real weight session with the study group tonight.  After two sessions being "familarized"  it was max out night.  My legs are wobbly.  I bet they're sore tomorrow.  Maxed out on squats, lunges with weights, seated press, dead-lifts, rows and calf raises.  Diet will improve next week.  I have to food journal.  Two things happen when I food journal.  I am  shamed into eating normal amounts and I get tired of measuring and writing down.  Okay, I guess three things happen.  I get tired of eating the same thing over and over because I am too lazy to measure and enter a new food.  I need to lose lots of weight anyway so this will be a start.  I have blood work they are doing Monday and Tuesday so no workouts Sunday and Monday.  I'll have to keep an exercise journal also but I'm use to doing that here. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Ran 2 miles at lunch. Heavy legs. Likely taking tomorrow off. Doc appt for the daughter in the morning. May work from home..and get in a trail run at the same time.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Awwww. And wow. How'd you get such open eye/open mouth photos?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Shes always wide eyed. And she's like her mom, always talking Smile
                          Awww, what a cute little girl!

3 recovery miles for me this morning.

Trying to pack frantically, in the little time I have before needing to get to work.  I hope I don't forget anything important.

evanflein

Murphy she's adorable! Love that last picture the most.

Bryan... master of understatement. Yes, I do believe you're in for "an experience" with Pike's Peak. And that's quite the workout... my legs would be useless for a week after that. I'm sore for two days after doing three sets of weighted lunges!

Lou, don't forget your chip. That's all I'm gonna say on the forgetting topic.

Quick workout and a trip to the bank at lunchtime. I'm hoping for a pool run after work, but might be a challenge with soccer practice in there, too. Got a big running weekend coming up so I guess if I don't make it to the pool that's ok, too.

heh, can't forget my chip -- it's in the bib.  That makes it a bit easier, but I can't fold the bib like I normally do.

Tried to post form Gordon Biersch, but I guess RA doesn't understand the droid browser or the droid browser doesn't understand RA because I couldn't get the droid to think I was selecting a text box.  Need to write something in the tech problems area, I guess.

Heard Paul is in, and Kimmie got her number this afternoon.  The expo wasn't crowded when we came by, but they were out of small shirts.  Which we paid for.  <grr>

Kimmie

Cute baby girl, Murphy!!!

Great to hear from you pace.   Keep us updated.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!!!!       See you guys in the morning.  Lou,  I sent you an email.  Smile