lilcat19 2.4 mi 20:30
    DenverDiva* 0.5 mi 7:29
    Cashmason  0.2 mi 2:12
    rockenmamaof5    
    dgb2n  0 mi 0:00
    Murphy996  0 mi 0:00
    theyapper66 0 mi 0:00
    willamona 0 mi 0:00

In a bizarre series of life, sickness, tired body, and running funk, I decided to pretty much write off the last 2 weeks, since I knew I was beginning my fall marathon training today.  Just 3 miles this morning, but they felt great.

I'm sure I've missed a lot, because I don't even check in when I'm not running.  I tried to catch up, and seems that Kim ran a great 8k and has lost weight, and Bugs (I think) did her first open water tri?  Is that right?  Congrats to you both.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Hey Paul and the rest of blister, Just a quick check in.... Today's run was 5 miles, 46 minutes. I was POURING in sweat when I was done. I think it's smart to tae time off before starting marathon training. I've got a friend who is trying to convince me to run Marine Corps- Bugs, scary about your friend - dehydrated?
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

There's a heat advisory for tomorrow eve, when we're having our third track meet of the season. Should be interesting.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

After 14 days of running, I'm taking today off. Will head to the gym with DH after work, but that's it.

Glad to see you back at it, Paul. What is your target fall marathon?

Bugs, did she pass out from the heat? That's scary stuff. Be careful out there. You too, Perry!

Bugs

Erika,

Humidity.  She skipped the last water stop.

Eating before intervals is a bad idea. I ran in the woods and every 800 would stop and the bugs would get me, good encouragement to run again. Between that and my back hurting not the best run, but proud that I forced myself to run faster for a few miles.

Mapped out my long runs till the marathon. The RA Training Plan functionality is very nice. I've decided training is going so well to keep up the biking and swimming.

Bugs

Just lurking.  Not running.  Sad

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Frustrated with my back again. It hurts at the shoulders and the shoulders get pulled forward, and sore the entire left and right side. I know I have a form issue in both swimming and running that my arms cross. Mostly a problem in running. I'm going to chiropractor tonight, and then to lift weights to try and strenghthen it. I wish I had an expert advice to analyze form and tell me what exactly to do.

Swam this morning, was told BIG improvment. He just has me working on form, one day I'll get a real swimming workout assignment.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

Glad to see you back at it, Paul. What is your target fall marathon?

Charlotte Thunder Road - Nov. 12 - goal is sub 4

Paul

Happy Camper

Max, 4-days after rescue from being a stray.  We're keeping him.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

he looks like a happy doggy.

theyapper

On the road again...

That's a great looking dog.  Good choice on keeping him.

Ran 3 easy today.

Paul

Kimmie

Nice and cooler day here... only 75 when I ran... I've found some new swim team Moms that run about an 11 minute pace, which has been good for me.... forcing me to slow down.... I just don't run with them every time.

Easy 3 miles....

Congrats on the dog, Pace

Sorry about your  back, Bugs.  Sad

theyapper

On the road again...

Bugs - what did the chiropractor say?  Hope your back is feeling better.

First pace run of this training cycle, and everything went like it should.  I finished and thought there's no way i could hold that pace for a marathon. I hate early cycle pace runs.

Paul

evanflein

Bugs, I get those tweaks every now and then, well it sounds like what I get. Hurts like hell but usually fades in a few days or so. Hope yours is ok.

Bryan, that looks like a white shepherd. Nice looking dog, can't imagine someone abandoning a dog like that so maybe someone's looking for him?

Kimmie, that sounds good to run with that group every now and then. I always figure if I'm ever going to really force myself to run slower sometimes, I need to find someone to run with like that. Just don't let it become a habit, if you know what I mean.

Can't ask for much more than that from your run, right Paul? I think you're going to be one of those runners who just keeps getting better and better.

I've had a really busy week on the work and home front, but still managed to get my runs in. Mostly trail runs which has been a nice change. Too much bike path running for me lately! Wednesday's hills just about got me though... ran the first 5 miles of the Equinox course, then crossed over and caught the last 4 miles of the ultra loop. I love that run! A little over 9 miles and plenty of hills, roots and ruts to make it a really good workout. But it sure kicked my butt... first time this season, it'll be good to see how I progress in the next couple months. Today's run was just an easy trot on the flat trail behind campus, then around on the bike path to DH's office. Threw in 3 x 60 seconds @ mile race pace (about 6:40) in the middle just to stay awake. Got an 8k race tomorrow and forecast is for Rain. Lovely.

Happy Camper

Erika:  There is a story to that.  Sunday we decided to keep him.  We cancelled the found report and had him chipped and wormed at the Shelter.  Monday, the person who lost him called the shelter and we talked to them.  Turns out Max had gotten away from them the day they brought him to their home and had been out running around on his own for 3-weeks.  They had  gotten another dog and wanted the purchase price they paid the Breeder from us.  After a little  discusion, we ended up settling for half that to get the shot records and pedigree information.  He's doing great now.  He was penned up outside the home by the Breeder and then lose on his on for 3-weeks.  He  had'nt been trained or socialized much at all for eight months.  It's amazing how quick they can learn with some training.  The two older aussies we have also correct him when he is stubborn or doesn't respond which is cute.  They know when someone else is in trouble much quicker than they correct their own behavior. He hasn't had one accident in the house and I'm sure it's from following their example. Today he gets more shots.   

Time to get a run in before the heat gets stupid.  It's going to be near or over 100 through Thursday.  It really slows you down.  I don't want to run indoors so I just go by heart-rate.  150 bpm is pretty easy to hit and a very slow pace.  I did 200 meter intervals Thursday morning just to get a break from the slow pace running.  I think I'll make that a weekly workout while it's so hot out.

Erika:  Good luck with the 8k.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.