Marathon Trainers

Happy New Year - Week of 1/4/10 (Read 251 times)

Bugs

Erika,

You're amazing. You have so much strength. Do you swim? Seems like you'd do great a TRI. But my gut feeling is you will be fine for Boston,  you've got so much strength, and when you resume running more that cardio will come back full force.

Had a great 35 minutes of swimming the crawl. Fresher legs for swimming helped but the big factor is getting comfortable in the water. Tonight had a nice (seemed long but easy) 9 mile TM run avg pace 9:03. I really owe my DH because he sat at Taekwondo for three hours tonight so I could run. I really have to be careful with this because often he takes on the kiddo stuff so I can run, and then down the road boom he is so burnt out from never having his own life, and well then none of us are happy. Might have to open a bottle of wine tonight and show him my thanks...but not too much as I'm biking tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow I turn in the registration for my indoor triathlon, it's on Feb 27th.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

(Hm, fancy new forum, but black on blue text for typing message is hard to read.)

I'm off to run. Surely I can't be the earliest runner today... at 9+AM Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Well, Perry, you beat me out the door by a few minutes.  Maybe everyone else is smart and sleeping in. 

Nice 3.5 miles for me.  No pain in the knee, which is nice.  I have been hitting the core training and lunges pretty regularly for a week or so.  Hopefully that will help, too.

Chicago?  When is that?  Not sure I could come, but I'd love to think about it.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I ran at about 7:45, I think.  5 miles recovery

things are crazy at work so I haven't been able to hang out much -- at work now actually

I'm not seeing the black on blue text, by the way

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm not seeing the black on blue text, by the way

Apparently that was a transient bug, and all I had to do was hit ctrl-F5.

evanflein

Bugs, I know what you mean. My DH will be very accommodating for awhile, a lot really, taking over kid transport, meeting me somewhere for a water break, picking me up when I quit far from home, etc. I really appreciate it and try hard to let him know... But sometimes he just gets fed up and blows up about it. I become the selfish goal-oriented runner... blah blah blah. I really try to be self-sufficient and run on "my own time" as much as possible, but sometimes it isn't.

And I hope you're right.

Yeah, there's been a little redecorating around here, no? I mainly notice it in the top menu, and the log is different. And my weather bug was changed to some place in Italy at first, then Arizona?? I found where the "customize" link was and fixed that.

House cleaning and stuff on tap for today. I'll get to the gym later for some sort of workout. I'd love to have at least "some" miles on the schedule for this week, but if I'm smart I won't. History doesn't smile on my chances... we'll see. Foot/ankle feel really good this morning. That's usually when I go and mess things up again. 

Dave

Hope things improve at work, Lou.  Last week I was able to work stress into miles.  You'd have to run some doubles probably .

5 and a little for me today.  Warmed up a little (mid-20's) but my running paths are a big mess.  Some portions are plowed so they're firm.  Some portions are 3 inches of soft snow.  Some is clear asphalt.  Can't really use the yaktracks.  Can't really grip in the soft stuff.  I'm hoping I'm not relegated to the treadmill until spring.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Did double long runs, so tired and sore now, but DW is gonna make pancakes. Yummmm! Very happy.

Ringmaster

I'm the lazy runner of the week. It was in the 30s and drizzling all day and I shucked the long run. Don't feel too bad b/c I ran almost 10 Thursday. Still, it's a skimpy week.

Erika, you're amazing.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                    Mile by Mile

Cashmason

75 minutes of Kayaking.     Totally appropriate for a marathon thread.
                      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

75 minutes of Kayaking.     Totally appropriate for a marathon thread.

Heh, sure, why not. But it makes me wonder where you're located, to be able to kayak - it's a bit cold here in the Mid-Atlantic US.

evanflein

Cash is in Southern California. I think sort of LA area. It's all one warm smog-fest there anyway.

I took advantage of -10 degree temps to defrost my freezer. All the stuff is in boxes out on the deck, freezer is all clean and airing out. I'll plug it back in tomorrow morning, let it chill for a few hours and add the stuff back, trying to organize it this time. I always organize it when I put it back (meat/fish/veggies/stock) but it all gets mixed up after a few months. I did find enough cranberries to make 5 pints of sauce tonight, and blueberries to make a couple pints of sauce for pancakes. I think it might be too thin though... ran out of sugar. Oh well, a project for tomorrow.

I did hit the gym in between cleaning out the bedroom closet (where the hell did all that stuff come from??) and defrosting the freezer... 40 minutes of elliptical (4.87 miles) and 10 min. walking on the treadmill (.66 mile).

Kimmie

Well, yesterday's run did NOT happen.

I went back and forth with DH about it.  He was TOTALLY OK with 12 girls on his own.   (did I mention we had a sleepover for DD1?)   Anyway, I just couldn't do it.  Plus, I didn't want to miss part of the party.     Other commitments got in the way for the rest of the day and it just didn't happen.    this morning is off to church, so I will attempt my long run this afternoon.    Hope I still get it in.   This is where I lose my focus.... when life gets in the way.

but I loved the party.  I'm one of those people who plan the party-  play games with them, etc...   

so, yesterday afternoon Darby went to another birthday party and came home and said  "Well, it was not organized like your parties are, Mom.   I really like your parties."    That made me feel good.  Like all the work is worth it.   I've either done a good thing or created a monster.  

Dave

This is where I lose my focus.... when life gets in the way.

but I loved the party.  

Or maybe you had your priorities right where you needed them.  Good for you!  It was only 1 run.  .  Big difference between 1 run and a month of runs.  

Hoping to carve out some time this afternoon for a long treadmill run.  Maybe 10.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

Hope things improve at work, Lou.  Last week I was able to work stress into miles.  You'd have to run some doubles probably .

5 and a little for me today.  Warmed up a little (mid-20's) but my running paths are a big mess.  Some portions are plowed so they're firm.  Some portions are 3 inches of soft snow.  Some is clear asphalt.  Can't really use the yaktracks.  Can't really grip in the soft stuff.  I'm hoping I'm not relegated to the treadmill until spring.

Yeah, that's how the city paths are here in A2 as well.  There are many cleared paths on campus, but I have to get there from here.  I have 18 to do today, while the cleared paths are calling me, I'll probably do a speed workout on them later in the week, and I don't want to keep doing that path over and over, I get stale when I do.