Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/30/2010 (Read 128 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Kudos to Dave on his Crim results last week, and to Bryan for being superhuman in his marathon.

I, a mere mortal, ran 3 miles this morning.  Temps were awesome (low 60s) and my easy run was quite a bit faster than what I expected.  Hopefully a preview of fall times.

Let's have a great week of runs and laughter.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Thanks for starting us off, Paul!

Great race, Dave! Hey, what does CRIM stand for? Nice job on the pace with no fade, that's really good.

Hope that piriformis or whatever it is clears up soon, Perry. But a run just for fun is a good idea every now and then. Too bad it's because you're hurting, though.

I frequently put body glide under my running bra straps and the band on long runs. And my toes. I didn't do that yesterday though, and got a little chafing reminder for next time. Feet were fine though, blister-wise (as in none). Good thing Dave held up the team name business so I didn't have to. Yesterday's run was 24.5 miles, from the race start up to the 12 mile marker, then back and finishing along the actual finish stretch. A good run I guess, but while I'm out there I always think I'm walking too much, kinda bonked at the end. Only had one Gu and took it just after mile 6. I took it there because I didn't want to carry my water past that point. Nice technical reason, huh? Believe me, by mile 16 I sure wish I'd had at least one more...

Not sure what I'll do today.

Dave

Wow, that is some elevation profile, Erika. Had dinner with Trent last night in DC at the airport. Up early for a 6 miler on the mall at a nice steady 9:?? pace. Back at the airport now for the flight home. Glad I got the Week off to a good start. Crim is actually the last name of a Michigan politician and runner who started the Crim Fitness Foundation. Race is held annually in Flint. Lord knows they need the revenue in that town. We ran though the 1 good neighborhood left.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Not sure what I'll do today.

How about take a nap?

Erika Honey,  sometimes you do stoopid stuff.   I love you anyways.  Sounds like you are ready for Equinox.

6 miles yesterday around the neighborhood for me.

How about take a nap?

heh

that's what I did

we went to a wedding yesterday evening in NJ and came back this morning.  PDR needed to work, but I have a lot more PTO coming to me so I took the day off

decided not to run, as well

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

4 more miles total at today's XC practice.  First meet tomorrow.  DS1 has already shaved 6 minutes off his time since we started a month ago, and DS2 has taken off close to 5.  Tomorrow's meet is flat compared to the hilly trails where we practice, so I'm expecting to see some astonished looks when they hear their times tomorrow.  Granted, they aren't fast, but they are really putting the work in and I'm positive that they'll see the payoff tomorrow.

Erika, I read your post and thought that WAS the race, then realized it was a training run??  What???  Wow.

Rest well, Lou.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

6 easy miles early.  Good morning!

Paul

6 easy miles early.  Good morning!

me, too!!

I had a PR month, not for miles but for duration.  Ran slow, I guess.  Smile

evanflein

I'm not having a PR month for mileage or duration. Feels like I'm running a lot, but I guess not that much.

5.6 miles at lunchtime in the sunshine. The angle of the sun has really changed over the last few weeks. It's now at an angle that seems blinding as it comes through the trees on the trail. Hard to see the slick spots before I hit 'em!

That angular change must be marked where you live.  That'd be cool to see, at least once Wink

Cashmason

5.9 miles tonight at the gym.  

Expect to teach cycle at noon and again at 5 45,  legs will be too dead to run.

Early morning for me:

12.2 miles, 1:48:51, 8:54/mi, AHR 154 (75% MHR)

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice runs for Cash and Lou.

Rest day for me today.

My boys did well in their first XC meet.  2 mile course that was much flatter than where we run everyday, so they had some of their best times.  DS1 (#741) ran a 24:41 (he ran a 34:00 less than a month ago) and DS2 (#742) ran it in 28:23 even though he got lost on the course and that added to his distance a bit (he started in the 36 range).  They've both improved a ton in one month.  Very proud of them!

After the run showing off their first "tattoos" - 

Boys after the race

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I thought only triathlons wrote numbers on the arms...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

I did, too, but apparently we were wrong, or the organizers thought that trying to keep track of over 500 middle school runners at one time would feel like a triathlon to them.  Wink

Paul