Marathon Trainers

Week of 7-5-2010 (Read 175 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Did 16mi again tonight, deliberately doing back-to-back long runs (even tho not exceptionally long) as I'm trying to train a bit to go a bit further than marathon. (Got a 50K next weekend.) But was just as tired and sore tonight, and slowed down even more toward the end. Guess maybe that shouldn't be a huge surprise after last night made me tired and sore.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

5k Race today.   25:56   not bad for my current conditioning but way off a PR.

10 thousand racers.   Rod Carew,  Reggie Jackson,  Tim Salmon, Bobby Grich and Jillian Michaels gave speeches about raising money for Cancer Research.

Off to World Cup Party.

theyapper

On the road again...

Just got back from a weekend in Columbia, SC.  Went out at 5a for my long run yesterday and it was 80F and humid already.  Drank plenty of water, slowed my pace down, took a gel after the first 5 miles...and still bombed bad.  Was running an out and back so I knew I'd at least get 10, and at 6.5 miles I ended that run, reset my Garmin and fully intended to walk the 3.5 miles back to the house.  I did walk most of the first mile, but then I started running again, off and on, until I'd run back and a bit farther.  Ended up with just over 11 miles with both workouts combined, but short of my 14 mile goal (which would have gotten me to 40 mi for the week).

Now I'm thinking about going out later this evening to get the other 2.7 I need to reach 40.  Of course, it is awfully hot.  I'm SO ready for September.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Murphy, you're doing GREAT. I'm so happy for you. BtW that is an amazing 5K time. Great job. Keep up the good work. I'm excited for you.

Cash, Nice 5K time! I would think those would be great for TRI training, and cheaper than a TRI too.

Paul, those conditions just suck and you were up early too. Great job for making the best of it.

What do you guys usually pay for a local 5K? For me it is typically $15. I might spend $20. I won't do the $25 ones... not for 5K. In cities they are much more, but not going to drive 100 miles for a 5K. (I did hop a ride for a one mile race once, won't do that again.)

12 miles SLOW and felt good, ended feeling great. Got tons done at home. Was humid a bit, but was much worse for RP that decided to sleep in and run later. Smile

Bugs

Cashmason

30 dollars for this race plus another 3 or 4 to active.com.  And that was for early registration.  Normal registration was 40 dollars plus the fee from Active.   About normal pricing for here.   Big ole chunk of Iron for the medal.  Yes this 5k had a medal and a cotton/tech shirt.

Cant sign up for most races without going through Active.com here,  which sucks.  I dont like them.  Can't tell if I am confirmed for the race until I go down to pick up the race bib.

Most 5k races here dont have medals.  This medal was bigger than most of my marathon medals.

But permits from the city,  plus paying for Police overtime  plus money to cancer research charities.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

They run $25 & up around here. Except for a local club series that I pay $35 for club membership + registration for all 8? of the races. Oh, and I set our track events prices at $2/each for adults, which I thought was reasonably nominal. But everything else is expensive ($25-$40, and triathlons & marathons are even more expensive). Except the base stuff by MWR -- they essentially give them away (maybe $10).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.