DenverDiva    
    rockenmamaof5    
    willamona    
    Bugs 0 mi 0:00
    dgb2n 0 mi 0:00
    Murphy996 0 mi 0:00

Hope everyone has a great week.

Happy Camper

Thanks AG for getting us started this week.  Good day for me.  Ran easy pace 8&change because I was feeling the intervals from Sunday and the 5k from Saturday.  Followed that up with a quick door gym workout of 3x10 OH grip pullups and 3x10 chinups with a minute's rest between sets.  Did chest and shoulders for an hour at the gym after work and then took the boys ( Chase & Max) for an hour's walk this evening as it cooled down outside.  I'm just about ready for bed.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Kind of a quick gym workout today... 3 miles on the elliptical (23:57) and 15 minutes U/B weights. Such a beautiful day it was hard not to run, but figured a day off would be ok.

Happy Camper

Nice workout day for me.  200 meter intervals this morning followed by a door gym superset of 3x10 pullups and 3x10 chinups.  Made it to the gym after work and did an hour of sets for legs and low back.  Got home and just came in from walking Max and Chase for an hour. 

Nice day!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Nice workout, P2R. I need to do a good workout at the gym again sometime. Seems like lunchtime workouts get so rushed.

Ran on the hilly trails the last couple of days. 6.6 miles on Tuesday and 11.3 miles last night. Got stung by a wasp last night before I was even half way done. That hurt! Made the last 6 miles a bit of a challenge. Itches like crazy today.

Kimmie

Once again, more evidence of how tough you are, Erika.   I 've not gotten stung by a wasp on a run, but I'm not sure I wouldn't call home for a ride if it did happen.

I'm headed to the track tonight to break in my new shoes a bit before going away tomorrow-   I'm super excited about going to Virginia Beach and running the Rock n Roll half on Sunday.  I'm meeting a bunch of friends, have no idea of a goal pace, and I think the main goal is to have fun.

youch!!!  I guess with the adrenaline it probably hurt more after you stopped running?

My mileage is in the 60's right now, the hightest I've ever maintained and I'm struggling.  I'm fine during the day, but can't wait to get into bed at night.

Hi guys long time no see. Summer is finally winding down and kids will be back to school come Tuesday. I have 7 weeks until my half marathon and  I'm  in week 1 of my anaerobic phase.  Tuesday I did 6 x .65 (of a mile) , Thursday I did 13x.25 (of a mile) with 75 second rests. Today was a PCR run at average of 8:22 pace  for an hour and 6 minutes. Tomorrow I have a 2:18 minute long run. I have to say it's been nice actually following a training plan.I've also started wearing a heart rate monitor which I'm finding out to be really nice. 

Hope everyone has been enjoying their summer!  Now that my husband will be traveling  alot and not working from home as much I figure I'll actually be online a lot more. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Discovered this afternoon that the crossbeams of some of the goals (around the edges of the fields where we run all the time) are usable for pullups. Will have to do that some more -- just did a few sets today, after discovering that.

Have fun at VB, Kim!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.