Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/14/10 (Read 228 times)

Bugs

Thanks Pam!!! I need to hear that.

Ran 3 at lunch, legs feel good. So badly want to run tonight... but I said would follow Hal Higdon schedule. Hal's wisdom must be better than right?

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Was late to a meeting this morning (due to not getting info until late), and the relevant security ppl advised me that the fastest transit would be on foot, so I jogged over. I just checked mapmyrun, which estimated 1.1mi, so I'm recording a 1mi run in no equipment, cause I wasn't in running shoes.

On the plus side, I arrived over there, hot, sweaty, and ugly-looking, backpack in hand -- so I did my part to provide spectacle/entertainment for the onlookers.

(Footnote: I'm not sure they were correct about that being the fastest, but I suspect I did the on-foot transit faster than most people do it -- I mean, it was a slow jog, but it was still substantially faster than a walk.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hawt and sexy

Sooooo, Perry. You coming up to be a night pacer for VTU? Pam and I could use the extra body to abuse.

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just for fun, let's play a hypothetical game. Suppose I was so ignorant that I didn't know what or where VTU was, except that I can guess it is an ultra. In that hypothetical world, what would you tell me to educate me?

Hawt and sexy

It's a 100 miler in August comprised of 25 mile loops. So, if you want to run with two crazy chicks for 25-37 miles, or even more, it can be arranged. But we would like a night pacer. Hell, I NEED a night pacer. We have a pacer for the last lap, but with two of us, another one is a good idea. You know, someone lucid and stuff.

clicky

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Darn -- that's just about NYS. And I'm lazy about driving. Course I'm also cowardly about running at night, unlike you two.

Darn -- that's just about NYS. And I'm lazy about driving. Course I'm also cowardly about running at night, unlike you two.

Don't drive RUN UP K Wink This should be a piece of cake for you

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

35 minutes of garminless running in my old haunts in Woodbridge Va. Steamy. Worked until 10pm last night so at least I forced myself to run this am.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Couldn't get myself out the door this morning, so my rest/mid week run days are officially switched.  I'll go tomorrow.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Haven't been running much this week (or logging) -- just kinda let down after my big mileage week -- that was exciting cause of the silly big number. Now it's not exciting any more.

theyapper

On the road again...

Did I just see on FB that Jeremy's got a broken foot/toe/ankle/something-below-the-knee?  When did that happen?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

WTG Dave! Isn't it nice to go garmenless? I've done it once in the past few weeks and need to do it more often.

I see you're saving your energy up for your run up here in August Perry Wink  

Yes you did Paul. I think it was a bit over a month ago. I believe he even posted about it here though I could totally be mistaken.

Ended up taking nyquil last night. Really really needed to get some rest and the tylenol pm just wasn't cutting it.  Still thinking it's allergies. Sneezed all throughout Katie's softball practice and eyes were burning. Felt like crap HOWEVER I had a great weight lifting session after the kids went to bed. Really wasn't feeling it but I knew if I bailed DH would as well. Actually ended up going up in weights for most exercises.  Got a 10k easy run in this morning. As crappy as I was feeling when I woke up I actually felt better after the run.  

Hope everyone is having a great hump day Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

I think those girls would be good body guards.

Bugs

Hawt and sexy

heh Perry is skerd to run at night with chicks.

Jeremy has some big feet. I wonder what that means?

I'm touching your pants.

Cashmason

So I should be prepared to crew at Western States next year?

Running at night is kinda fun if the trail isn't too technical.

Most runners are quite fun to talk to at that point as they arent very lucid by the middle of the night, if they talk at all.

Can be quite grumpy.

My calves still hurt,  and I wonder if I will ever be able to run more than a couple of miles without pain.   grrrr.