Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/20 - Boston (Read 345 times)

Happy Camper

Ha! The thread is mine this week! I'll have to see because every time I start one it takes me so long to type it that when I finally get it posted it is the second "week of" thread put out there. Unscheduled day off for me. DS2 is starting his third day with a fever so off to the Doctor he goes later this morning. Did pull ups for core workout. May run this morning, may not. The yard does need mowed so I will have some outside time today. Lou, PDR, Erika, have a great day!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

Kimmie: Our team will be at the start around 8:45 am Friday. Most of us will be wearing these: , I will be in the "Vanbulance". Should have signs on the side with Butt Sweat 'n Beer. Maybe a growler hanging from an IV pole for good measure too. At least that was one suggestion we had for decoration. Post your team name and I'll look for you or maybe we could exchange mobile #'s?

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

LOTS OF EXCITEMENT THIS WEEK. Best of Luck to Lou and Erika running Boston. You're living the dream for the rest of us. P2R and Kim good luck in your relays this weekend. Sounds like a blast. I love the idea of team shirts. Healing vibes to Shan's foot. Please let us know how your doctor visit goes. Praying you can still join me in Fargo. ? for P2R & Pam, when you train for a trail race - probably half marathon, how many runs a week are on trails? I live right next to a very nice trail park and my plan is to spend more time there this summer, and will probably do some cross country races this fall.

Bugs

Dave

Somewhat abbreviated summary this week since Bugs already hit a few highlights. Big week this week with Boston starting in about a half hour. Weather report is good temps and lousy winds (47F and 13-15 mph headwinds). I have to admit I'm a little jealous but probably not jealous enough to train more Big grin Best of luck to our tapering Boston runners who logged nearly their all-time lows. Last week had our three biggest mileage runners hit some of their highest totals ever, except P2R who backed off of "crazy high mileage" back to just "damn that's high mileage" levels. New all time high for rockenmamma at 84. New all time high for jhallum at 81.5. Perry finished 3rd overall in his weekend race. I'm going to start to refuse to mention his races unless he actually wins. He's getting that good. Bugs may have also hit her all time high with nearly 62 estimated miles (are we talking actuals or estimates?). Another solid week for MrI and Cash creeped over 40 miles for the first time in his or our recent memory. theyapper counts his mileage differently than I do (Monday to Sunday?) but he also had a record week. My effort at a streak ended at 9 days and I've concluded that I'm not a very good streaker. By the end, it was clear that I need more rest days to be able to run more miles on the days that I do run. Or I suppose I could run easier most days. This week is going to be a big racing week as well with P2R and Kimmie running in a relay this weekend on opposing teams and jhallum and very likely me running up at Glass City in Toledo (1:28 HM goal for jhallum, DAAAMMN). Best wishes out to jellyfish who appears to have injured her foot. Not that jellyfish have feet but if they did, those feet wouldn't like repeated trail marathons. Here's the weekly damage totals: rockenmamof5 84 Mi jhallum 81.5 Mi pace2race 70.5 Mi Bugs 61.8 Mi Mr Inertia 60.8 Mi AmoresPerros 54.2 Mi Cashmason 40.8 Mi dgb2n 37.4 Mi VixiDu 34 Mi 45 old-runner 32.1 Mi theyapper66 31.8 Mi Kimmie 23.5 Mi HuskerB 23.2 Mi Dutchie42 22 Mi dcv2002 21.6 Mi WillRunForBeer 21.4 Mi JellyFish 17.1 Mi evanflein 17 Mi Joe Nation 11.1 Mi

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

All my trail races (other than my 2nd 50 miler) were done while training for other races. I've never ran on any technical trails other than the ones during my races. I'd love too however driving to them would take away from my time to run. I do however do alot of running at the local park that have dirt paths etc.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Forgot to log my run in last night. Total for the week was 84 which I believe has been my highest ever! Looking to get close to 90 this week if I can. Got in an early morning (for me) run . Will be getting out to do another soon, just have to get something to eat. I'll be heading to the Parkway since it's getting very windy and the rain should be coming anytime.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ha! The thread is mine this week! I'll have to see because every time I start one it takes me so long to type it that when I finally get it posted it is the second "week of" thread put out there. Unscheduled day off for me. DS2 is starting his third day with a fever so off to the Doctor he goes later this morning. Did pull ups for core workout. May run this morning, may not. The yard does need mowed so I will have some outside time today. Lou, PDR, Erika, have a great day!
                Good luck at the doctors! Hope DS2 is feeling better ASAP!

Kimmie

Thanks for the recap Dave. Do we know bib #s for Lou and Harriet and Erika? I am tracking a few friends and want to add them in. Pace- I can't remember what we decided our team name is going to be... I think we were boring and just went with Potomac River Runners, but I'll check. And we have a shirt, but not sure if I have a picture. I can give you my cell... let's figure out a way to do it off the board, though . Do you have my email?

Bugs

Bugs may have also hit her all time high with nearly 62 estimated miles (are we talking actuals or estimates?).
                    My long run Is somewhere between 18.5-19.5, logged as 19. Margin of error 1-2 miles for the week. Is that close enough for you? P2R, hope your daugher is feeling better. Let us know. Streaming Boston Marathon in my ears at work. Good race.

Bugs

Happy Camper

Bugs: I run single track trails once a week when training on them. The trails are a good 20 minutes from my house so I can't get there through the week. I like Sundays because I can do them on tired legs. They are great for leg strength and I judge the runs more on HR than mile per minute pace. It is good to get practice dealing with sharp rocks, roots, creek crossings, mud, grass etc. You find out what shoes drain quickly and protect toes and the bottom of your feet. I run them with a shorter stride and do things like spreading my toes on steep downhills and switchback turns to help with landings and keeping balance. It is good practice but would be tough for me to do every day. The roads feel much easier on Monday mornings.

Happy Camper

Kimmie: I don't have yours. Mine is pace2race at gmail dot com

Kimmie Lou's bib number is 13942 don't know PDR'S

theyapper

On the road again...

Kimmie Lou's bib number is 13942 don't know PDR'S

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Pam and P2R if you saw the trails I live by your would scratch your head that I have only ran them three times. I have a about two miles on gravel to reach them. There are a mix of rough hill stuff, and some flat dirt ones along a creek. When we moved there, I was training for road races and thought I should be running on roads. I know when I run the hills my pace will be slower, but I think it will be good for me. It's another reason why I like to run by time. I might wear the garmin, but the workout is planned by time. Dave, I do wear the garmin for the hill circuits. My miles guess would be way off, and I still like to know about how many miles are on shoes. Most of my runs with no garmin are on courses I know the distance, not that garmin is right on either. Who's watching the race? I want me some of those yellow shoes. Big grin

Bugs

Happy Camper

Pam and P2R if you saw the trails I live by your would scratch your head that I have only ran them three times. I have a about two miles on gravel to reach them. There are a mix of rough hill stuff, and some flat dirt ones along a creek. When we moved there, I was training for road races and thought I should be running on roads. I know when I run the hills my pace will be slower, but I think it will be good for me. It's another reason why I like to run by time. I might wear the garmin, but the workout is planned by time. Big grin
                                Misquito swatting and the resulting blood flow would be an added technical aspect. Big grin Do you pretreat your running outfits with deet?