Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/20 - Boston (Read 345 times)

Bugs

DS2 has a light case of pneumonia. He had some abdominal pain that they want to re-check tomorrow to make sure it is not his appendix acting up. They took an xray of his chest. He was dehydrated enough they offered an IV but we passed since he is not sick to his stomach and can keep fluids down. With DW at a conference until Wednesday night, looks like I get a weeks vacation since I work out of town. It will be good to see him feeling better again. Got to love them at 15. They can wait to long to complain trying to tough it out.
    He's got a really good Dad.

Bugs

He's got a really good Dad.
      +1

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm still not seeing anything for Erika past the half split. Anybody know anything?
        Just saw this on another forum Just got a text from Erika, she bailed at the half and is headed to the 20 mile water stop. " Sad Hope her foot is ok! her foot is ok it's the pain in the butt . OUCH!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

Noooo!!!!!! Hate that for her.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Dam.

Bugs

Bugs

Nobby's girl Kate ran a 3:29:16, her PR was 3:30. Not bad for only running 1 three hour long run. Her goal was suppose to be 3:20, but she wasn't on pace at the half, so maybe that was changed.

Bugs

Ouch Erika..Hope its nothing too, too serious. You know she had to be hurting. Hopefully it doesnt linger. Well, its official, we're having a.....GIRL Big grin
                  CONGRATS or should I send my condolences Clowning around Murphy!!

Kimmie

Congratulations Murphy! All four of my friends who were there ran a 3:30- almost exactly- which makes me think that they stayed together. I run with them sometimes... so even though that's much faster than I've ever run, I hold out hope that I could do it if I trained hard enough. sorry to hear about Erika's race. Sad Lou and PDR seemed to finish well. I finally found a video on you tube of the finishes. Makes me so excited to go there next year.
                    theyapper

On the road again...

Watching Boston made me enjoy my run even more today. Recovery week for me after 3 weeks of new mile limits for me. 3.3 miles today.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations on the incoming pink runner. And for Lou on the mara, and I hope Ericka is ok.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

Great Race Lou and PDR ! Nice times especially given the wind . 90 degrees here, schedule says teach spin, maybe lift, outside chance at swim. No run for today. Good thing too as yesterdays 4 mile run ended with the last half mile at 6:22 pace which is a flat out sprint for me. Not the worlds smartest move, so good to rest.
                          Cashmason

Thanks for posting about Erika. I was following Lou and Erika online, and I got concerned when Erika's times really fell off after the 10k and then no updates past the half. Stupid tv coverage was blacked out most of the time and only had about the last 10 minutes of the race, rest of the time we got Russia Today on that channel even though it said 3 hours of Boston coverage.
                            Kimmie

Hey Pace- I sent you an email.
                                well dh isn't home yet (had several last minute errands to run) so looks like I won't be getting another run in. HOWEVER tomorrow looks like a GREAT day for running. I may do a mid long run and if I get a chance do a short run after dh gets home.