Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/20 - Boston (Read 345 times)

Bugs

I like Pam's thinking, tomorrow will be a great day to run. Everyone has been coughing at work, and my cough started Friday. Been fine until today, taking a rest day. Murphy, I've wanted a pink little bundle my whole life. Oh I love my boys and life is how it should but what a blessing for you. Excited for you. Can you kick this high? I would fall backwards if I tried. MTA: That's my eight year old.

Bugs

Kimmie

oh my gosh Bugs. He is so cute. Ended up being a day off for me too. Had clients off and on all day long and just never made it out the door. Had a window from 1:45-2:45- that's when I asked for the kick in the pants, thanks Pam! But, I got a phone call and then had run out of time. Worked a little tonight too... tons of excuses for me today. Smile Tomorrow will be better.
      Cashmason

Cute pic Bugs. I would tear a hamstring doing that. 91 degrees at 5 pm. Good day for a swim, not for a run.

Bugs

Cash, You're running lots lately. Do you ever think about doing more 'just' running races? Maybe another marathon, or afraid of ITBS again? What's everyone's thoughts on headphones in marathons? Do you use them? I have never raced with headphones but use them on long runs. One reason I don't use them, is I have enough trouble with getting a GU out, drinking water, running, watching splits, etc... I did enjoy the music on long run on Saturday until it died. Don't buy batteries from Aldi; They don't last three hours.

Bugs

Rest days are GOOD days! (got in a short run today but it feels like I had a rest day) YW Kimmie though I didn't do a good enough job aparently. I'll remember that next time! Ughhhh Cash, I'm not looking forward to that kind of heat! As far as headphones in a race. I've worn them and I haven't. Totally depends. I think I wore them for my first two marathons and maybe a few smaller races. I won't be wearing them come May 17th. I do however enjoy wearing my ipod during lonely long runs!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Cute kid you got there bugs!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Murphy, girls are amazing. I'm so happy for you both. As far as headphones, I've never used them in a race but I train with them most of the time. I've wondered if they would help me tune out and get in a zone the way I can in training but haven't done it. Not so much fear of getting disqualified but more about just enjoying the race day experience. MTA: Rest day for me too. The more I think about it, the more I may go ahead and run the full on Sunday as long as I'm there.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Can I send my dd to you Dave cause I must have done something wrong (not that I don't love my dd I DO and she's a good kid but OMG SOOOOOOO much harder than boys IMO)

Hail to The Victors!

Dang Bugs, that's awesome! He looks so fierce! Congrats on the girl Murphy! That's awesome! 14 easy today. Or tried to be easy. Some lingering effects from the 22 on Sunday, so that counteracted the extra pep from watching faster people than I run.

Dave

Can I send my dd to you Dave cause I must have done something wrong (not that I don't love my dd I DO and she's a good kid but OMG SOOOOOOO much harder than boys IMO)
                      What can I say. I like girls Blush I hear you though, Pam. Our youngest is quite a challenge. Every child is so different. OK, maybe not every child but at least my two are Wink

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

We've got twin boys (10) and a daughter (6). Girls are sneakier. Wink Nice 3.5 miles this morning before the sun was up. Nice and cool.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Congrats again to our Boston runners. Hope your injury isn't too serious, Erika. 8 and a little for me today. Felt really good in nice temps. I've decided to at least run the half on Sunday in Toledo. May run the full with a more modest time goal.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

Congrats again to our Boston runners. Hope your injury isn't too serious, Erika. 8 and a little for me today. Felt really good in nice temps. I've decided to at least run the half on Sunday in Toledo. May run the full with a more modest time goal.
                            I was gonna say... I saw the entry in the swamp race thread, and said, "Marathon? Say what?!" I hope you feel good enough to do the full!

Dave

I was gonna say... I saw the entry in the swamp race thread, and said, "Marathon? Say what?!" I hope you feel good enough to do the full!
                              I had chinese food for lunch and my fortune said "Now is the time to set your sights high and go for it!" Unhealthy, MSG laden food can't steer me wrong. Wink I've still got the fitness from my last race. Toledo is flatter. I may not be able to swing another marathon in May. In some weird way, an 8:12 pace for 26 doesn't scare me quite as much as 7:30's for 13.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

In some weird way, an 8:12 pace for 26 doesn't scare me quite as much as 7:30's for 13.
                                Funny. Both those paces scare me. Smile

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul