Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/20 - Boston (Read 345 times)

Kimmie

Kimmie, You're amazing. Fast, and portable Internet enabled. Impressive. So how bad it is it running with no sleep? .
    Thanks Bugs... I was surprised I could do it... if you knew me, you'd know I'm a super grouch when I don't get enough sleep... but I think it helped that we actually did sleep some... when Van 2 was running their legs, we had our sleeping bags out in the fields... like camping... Turns out the while we were running our legs, Van 2 ate breakfast- they got NO sleep at all.... I couldn't have done that, I don't think... but you never know... there is a lot of adrenaline going on. Just like at a regular race, but you also have people counting on you to run a decent time. Looking forward to hearing more race reports from Jeremy and Dave.
    theyapper

On the road again...

Looks like some great racing is going on. The CMM sounds like it was brutal in the heat and so congrats to everyone who just...well, finished. I ran about 6 miles yesterday in my first taste of the summer heat. Walked up a lot of hills to keep the HR low. I will be so glad when this phase of my training is over. ARRGGGHHHH!!! Dave, hope your race goes well today. Isn't someone else running it with you?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Had a nice trail run/race this morning - heat into the 90s, some tired sweaty runners Smile report summary in my log if you're curious: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/328d2d63609042099bc341d7b881e24e/workouts/fd8cdcd80ec24f06b2536ed38961ed67

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

oh my goodness, Perry.... nice of you to shepherd runners through a turn. What a workout you got- you are amazing!
          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Thanks -- although I'm one of the people putting on the race series, so I did have some responsibility for trying to avoid runners getting lost when they're already heat-fatigued... Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hail to The Victors!

Dave, hope your race goes well today. Isn't someone else running it with you?
              We (Phil Mishka and I) ran the half. He ran the full. I'll let him tell his tale, but sufffice to say, he's an animal for driving back to DC almost right after running as far has he did. Wow.
              Kimmie

What about you Jeremy? How was your race?
                  CONGRATS Jeremy and Dave!!! Can't wait to read race reports!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hail to The Victors!

What about you Jeremy? How was your race?
                    Meh. The heat was not good. 68 at race start, 75 at finish. 1:30:28. Not the PR I wanted, but a good intermediate step. I think I'm good enough for 3:10, if the temps aren't as bad as today.
                      Meh. The heat was not good. 68 at race start, 75 at finish. 1:30:28. Not the PR I wanted, but a good intermediate step. I think I'm good enough for 3:10, if the temps aren't as bad as today.
                      but you did get 3rd place in your age group! Sorry about the heat and not getting the PR you wanted!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Still a pretty fast race Jeremy, in that heat. 3rd in AG is pretty good. Was it a big race? How'd Dave do?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hail to The Victors!

Still a pretty fast race Jeremy, in that heat. 3rd in AG is pretty good. Was it a big race? How'd Dave do?
                          There was maybe 590 in the half. 60 ish in my ag. It wasn't as deep a field as some of the halfs in the area. At Dexter-Ann Arbor, that would have been good enough for a 10th ag place. MTA: Still not sayin.

Bugs

Kim, Did you guys have a cooler of food? Will I regret volunteering my DH's van for my relay? I plan to put towels over the seats, and pray no energy drinks get spilled. jhallum, That is smoken fast. AG awareds in a big race like that is beyond my dreams. You're going to have an amazing PR. Good thing you got your hot weather race out of the way. I'm hoping Trent doesn't bring the weather from CMM to Grandmas, which has an unlucky streak of being humid. Can't wait to hear from P2R and Dave. Pins and needles are killing my feet. Big grin

Bugs

Dave

It was a tough day with the heat. 3:50 after going out with the 3:30 pacer. 1:45 at the half. Even with that collapse, it was good enough for 2nd in my AG. Unbelievable. Just rolled into my house after an 8 hour drive.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

wow Dave!!! 2nd in your AG is amazing!! That is so cool- and 3:50 in that heat???? So impressive.... I was sweating just standing around, so I can't even imagine running in that for a marathon. I know you just got home, so tomorrow, maybe, we need a full race report. Hey Bugs- tell me about the relay that you volunteered your van for... are you running in it? I think that you will be OK- we seemed to treat our rental pretty well. Smile We did have a cooler and used it at the pit stops, mostly. The only thing I wish we had was just a bit more room. I still have tons of adrenaline pumping from that race.. is that weird?? I kind of want to write a report... that always seems to help me process and move on to the next thing. Nice race, Jeremy- 1:30 is so fast...