Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/1/2010 (Read 145 times)

evanflein

Greetings, peeps! It's a new week, and a full taper week for moi! I'm looking forward to meeting lots of friends from RA and KR in Boston and NH this next week. How are all of you doing in your race plans and recoveries?

Good luck next weekend, Erika!

Still a little sore today, so I am taking a rest day.  

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Run fast, Erika!  Which races are you doing?

I'm right on schedule with my training for Charlotte in Dec.  I'm actually starting to get a little excited.  6 weeks out.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Paul, I'm running the Manchester City Marathon in New Hampshire on the 7th, but spending some time in Boston with DH and visiting some friends later this week.

Thanks, Lou! And a rest day is allowed for you today. Smile

Today feels a lot warmer than yesterday! Figures, I'm not running outside today.

theyapper

On the road again...

Went out for 5 miles today.  Bleh.

Paul

Cashmason

10k run yesterday, then pancake breakfast with 5000 of my newest friends.  8:18 average pace on a somewhat hilly course.

90 second postive split means I need to work more on edurance than speed right now.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sunday I completed 16mi of dirt road/trails without falling. Almost. I'd crossed mile 16, and I was 8 feet (!) from coming off the trail for good, back onto the dirt road to finish, when bang, down I go. Whoops-a-daisy. Happily there was no injury and no one saw me.

Tonight I ran in twilight, and even though it wasn't that cold (just below 50F), my hands still turned red and hurt by the time I was done. I foresee gloves in my future.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hawt and sexy

snoopy dance

I'm touching your pants.

5 easy for me this morning.  Legs still tired, of course, but no real issues.

What's all this dancing about?  Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

It's gotten quiet in here again. 

I'm having a life week this week so running is getting squeezed in, mashed about, and hopefully won't suffer too much.  My DW came home late last night from a week in Peru, so we didn't get to bed until 1:30a.  Needless to say, my week as a single dad is over, and I only missed one run (a 10 miler yesterday), so that's good.  However, I am going down to Myrtle Beach this Fri-Sun to speak a handful of times at a convention and so I've got to figure out how to get a 10 and 20 miler in.  Might have to make them fit before I go.

Stinks, too, because I've felt such momentum in my running lately, and I hate to feel like I'm hitting a speed bump.  Had 5 easy miles on tap today, and ended up running more of a fartlek for 6.2 miles.  Felt pretty good.

Hope everyone's doing well and recovering from this past week-end's races.

MTA: today's run put me just past my mileage total from 2009.

Paul

Kimmie

Great job Paul!

I wouldn't worry too much about life getting in the way of your running a bit... you've been running really strong lately, so a little recovery may be a good thing.     Of course, this is coming from the slacker in the group.  Smile    I always remember that people say it's better to be undertrained than overtrained.   But, maybe it's better to be just trained.

Erika, sounds like you will have a blast.... hard to keep up with all of the races that you seem to run... awesome that you get to meet up with KR and RA people.

Cash- seriously fast 10K!

I've run a bit less lately, concentrating on my weight lifting... trying to find a balance... tough for me to figure out but really happy with getting back into the weights.  Wish I could figure out how to successfully do both.   I lifted weights today for an hour and will hopefully run later tonight.

I have a 5K on Saturday morning ... should be fun.

I agree with Kim on your running, Paul -- a day off or two won't hurt you at all.  And you're having a great training cycle.

I had a quick trip to San Diego yesterday for work, came back on the red eye.  I took a 2 hour nap, ran 5 miles, and now back at work.

theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks for the feedback on the training.  i do feel like I've had a good cycle so far, and I'm just a bit paranoid about missing any mid to long runs. Sooo, I went out tonight and did the 10 mile pace run that was scheduled for tomorrow.  I've got time in the morning to do the 20 mile run, so I may.  We'll see how that plan goes when I hear the alarm.

It's getting colder hear for the weekend.  Lows Sat and Sun should be in the 20s.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

10mi pace run tonight, and 20mi long run in the morning? What kind of nut--wait, I guess I shouldn't say anything. Never mind. Good running to you sir.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

I think I need to change how I run.

Just saw the race photos.  All of them show my knees bent,  but I dont seem to be extending my hips at all.  Looks like all the push off is from the knee down.

No wonder my calves hurt after every race.

Maybe I need to throw in some runs after teaching spin class.

Was 104 yesterday,   95 today.   Just not feeling like running in those temps.