Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/11/2010 (Read 133 times)

hi.

Columbus marathon is on Sunday. I havent run more than 4 miles in months. So, yeah, Im seriously considering it. Im thinking I might just enjoy the 5 + hours of 'me time'

theyapper

On the road again...

Got back from TN late last night.  Stopped on the way home to watch my sons XC team run and win their conference meet.  My sons took 6 and 10 minutes off their times from the time trial at the beg of the season to the meet at the end.   Very proud of them!

Missed yesterday's run due to travel, and didn't get out of bed early this morning for the same reason.  Not sure how this week will play out.

Murph - 5 hours of alone time sounds nice.

Perry - Nice PR on your 10 mile race

Kim - sorry about the ITBS stuff.  Really hope that get better sooner rather than later.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Murphy, great to see you !!    

Thanks Paul-   ITBS sucks.  I just ran for the first time since last Thursday.  I went 3 and stopped because it started to hurt-  not a lot- but I don't want to push it.  So, we'll see how that plays out for the Army Ten Miler and Marine Corps Marathon.   I'm fairly sure I won't run the marathon with so few long runs.  

oh and congratulations to your boys, Paul!   I know that has to be so rewarding.

theyapper

On the road again...

My 9 mile easy turned into a pace run.  This seems to happen a lot on my Tuesday runs.  Oh well.  Funny how my body responded to the 70F temps - it felt so hot after a couple of weeks of running in the 40s and 50s.

Paul

Dave

Guess who?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Isn't that Bryan? What race is that from?

Gym workout yesterday (just elliptical) and running tonight after work. I'd wanted to run outside, but we've had snow most of the day and it's icy/slushy/slick out there. Not in too big a hurry to break my neck just yet.

{{Kimmie}}

Hey Murphy! All I can say is, you would.

Dave

It is. Lifted from FB. I'll let him tell you which. Ok I'm too lazy to look again. Speaking of Lazy. Rest day again today.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Ok, Lazy butt. I got home late and still managed to crank out 45 minutes on the treadmill (5.21 miles). Holy crap am I out of treadmill shape. Just a whole different "feel" to the run. Took a couple miles for my legs to stop feeling all wonky and awkward. I can't believe I used to go back and forth from TM to outside, hills and repeats, tempos and steady state runs, whatever. I guess that was true "versatile fitness" that will take a bit to get back. Hope to run outside at least once this week, definitely this weekend.

Cashmason

5 miles on the gym treadmill in 47 minutes and change.

Hugs Kimmie,  I know what you are going thru.

theyapper

On the road again...

Easy 4 miles for me today.

Paul

I hardly ever run on a treadmill and yes it feels very different to me (much harder).

Nice runs, all (except lazy Dave Smile ).

Sorry, Kim.

Me, I had a good morning, a bit of a progression run:

8.2 miles, 1:07:41, 8:15/mi, AHR 158 (77% MHR)

1 - 8:39(141)

2 - 8:27(150)

3 - 8:25(149)

4 - 8:18(159)

5 - 8:14(162)

6 - 8:16(160)

7 - 8:13(164)

8 - 7:45(164)

9 - 1:25(169) [0.20=7:12]

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice, Lou.

Paul

evanflein

Smokin' last few miles there, Lou!

I've decided I'm working through lunch and will leave early. Hoping to get an outdoor run today. It's really not bad out since it stopped snowing, and I think I can manage on the slick stuff. Might try out my new Spikies I got. My employer (through our risk management office) offers these to us, first come first served, in an effort to prevent parking lot falls. I hardly ever use them to and from work, but I've worn out my old ones from running on the icy stuff!

Happy Camper

The picture was from the  Rock Bridge 50k at our local state park this weekend.  I  didn't do too bad coming a week after Lewis & Clark Marathon  on 10/3.  Enjoyed them both and glad to have them finished.  It took me until Tuesday morning for my feet to stop hurting.  I wore my Rucky Chuckys instead of the Montrail Hard Rocks and felt every rock I landed on. 

Tonight was max lift night for the bone study.   I managed 310 lbs on the full squat a 300 lb dead lift. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

Lazy Dave actually did get a run in tonight on the treadmill.  4.25 with the last 2.25 progression style down to about a 7:30 pace for the last 1/4 mile.  

I knew if I got enough abuse on here it would make me run more Big grin.

dgb2n@yahoo.com