Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/8/2010 (Read 178 times)

Bugs

Rum & Snow, Num

I have a sore throat today, that might fix it. Think I will rest instead.

Jeremy Mankato Marathon registration is opened, I believe you asked me to let you now when it does. Remember those roads?

Bugs

Kimmie

Lou- I am impressed that PDR ran in this... this is crazy!!!  I didn't measure.... but looks like another 12 inches out there on top of the 28 we got on Saturday.

My gym has closed down indefinitely because the owner ad landlord are concerned about the roof caving in.  I am desperate enough to risk it!! Smile

I did P90x again today-  chest, shoulders and triceps... . tough workout but not cardio, per se.

We are talking about going to Myrtle Beach tomorrow early if the roads get plowed.  And if so, I will run like crazy down there... every day.   

Hopefully, the kids will be able to go back to school next week.  I have been home schooling them with all of these snow days.  (they've gone to school only one day in the past 2 weeks)   My kids love me.

How's everyone else doing?

Pam?  Vixi?   Erika?

Bugs- good for you on getting so many miles in this week.  That is awesome.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've just started running again, a little. Ran a little in sleet yesterday, and in blizzard today. But we don't have the 50MPH winds that they have on the other side of the Patuxent from here. Nice of the wind to respect the county border like that.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

umm..... I am going a little crazy.

Stay tuned for more......   

Umm,  you were a little crazy before.......     we love you anyway.         wink

Cashmason

Rum & Snow, Num

I have a sore throat today, that might fix it. Think I will rest instead.

This makes me wonder if running  improves liver function  enough to balance out the alchohol.

Lou- I am impressed that PDR ran in this... this is crazy!!!  I didn't measure.... but looks like another 12 inches out there on top of the 28 we got on Saturday.

Well, there was "only" 7 inches of snow yesterday.  Of course she didn't run today and neither did I.  I also have something going on with my ham or adductor which is really discouraging.  Not sure but it may be the same thing I had before going skiing.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Hope your leg issues resolve quickly, Lou.

We're leaving for Myrtle Beach in a few hours... have to say I will look forward to seeing something other than snow.

evanflein

Have fun, Kimmie! Enjoy the break and run like hell.

Cool summary... Not often I run more than Lou and almost as much as Pam in a week. Sure helps to have them on the DL... heheh. (Seriously, Lou, I hope you're feeling better soon... I thought I was pushing the pre-Boston injury timeline thing... c'mon!)

I ran some serious hills on Sunday that left me feeling pretty gimpy, ended up taking Monday off. Should've gone pool running but the schedule just didn't seem to allow it. And I was tired and lazy and yada yada yada. Tuesday was an easy pace 5 mile recovery type run and I felt much better after that. (I may have posted this already, just too lazy to go look)

Yesterday I did upper body weights at noon and ran after work. 9 miles on the treadmill, first 8 in progressive pace style (2 @ 8:49, 2 @ 8:34, 2 @ 8:20, 2 @ 8:13), last mile a cool down at 8:34. I wanted to do 4 miles at MP and at first didn't think I had it in me. But by the time I finished mile 4 I thought I'd see what I could do. Mile 8 was challenging but not overwhelming, so that was good. Legs felt tired but good afterward.

Today I'll be heading to the gym at lunch to squeeze in 5 easy miles on the treadmill. It's nice enough outside I'd love to run out in the sunshine, but I'm not going to take the time to bundle up, then unbundle and repair the damage for the afternoon of meetings. Bleh. Sweaty hat hair is just not gonna do it at work.

Bugs

Bugs is sick. Sore throat, no voice, feel crappy, it'll pass just hope quickly. Toe seems better at least.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

Bugs - hope this passes for you soon.

Lou - sorry to hear about the continuing hammie issues.

Kim - go kill it!

Got in a nice 4 miler today.  Was supposed to do it yesterday, but didn't want to fight the 20mph winds.  I'm a wuss.  That means a long run and a shorter run over the next 3 days to get over 20 this week.  Apparently this total will still keep me ranked near the cellar of Team Blister.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

E: Nice progression run!

B: Glad to hear the toe's better, anyway.

I ran today, still clumsy on turns, but starting to feel good on straightaways.

D: Maybe sometime you'll do a weekend stopover in DC and pick up a race? That'd be fun.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Did my 10 miler this morning.  Felt like 2 different runs because we had 2 extended breaks - one @ 1.5 miles and one @ 5.  Not the best way to do it, but it did keep my HR down!

Hope everyone has a great week-end.  Heard they're calling for 1-3 inches of snow @ Myrtle Beach - hope it doesn't ruin the races for everyone.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

So, I just registered for the National Half.  I'm pumped.  Now, I just need to get a hotel...

Paul

Rest up Bugs!!! Sorry to hear your sick Sad

Hope your hammie or adductor feels better ASAP Lou!

Enjoy vacation Kimmie!!

VERY COOL Paul!  When is National again?

I felt like you the other day during my run Erika! May not be as cold as where you are or as much snow but for here it was a lot.

Been a bit of a stressful week. Dh's Godfather died so we had to go to NJ Monday evening for the wake and then back the next morning for the funeral. Got tons of snow. Kids have been out of school since Wed and won't be going back until this coming Tuesday (gawd forbid we don't get a bunch more snow on Monday night ). Thankfully dh got to work from home on Wed otherwise I'd have only 1 run in for the week. Looking to do 10 miles of rolling hills tomorrow and a long run on Sunday. Not sure how far the long run will be guess we shall see. 

Hope everyone's week has been better than mine!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Perry,

Nationals sounds like lots of fun.

Pam,

Sorry about the tough week.

I'm sicker than a dog. Granite installers were here today and I just laid on the couch coughing.  Don't know why I always get sick this time of year, but I do.

Bugs