Marathon Trainers

February 2012 (Read 321 times)

Just checking in to say I saw the famous Amores Perros this morning and his lovely DW at the RRCA Club Challenge 10 miler in Columbia, MD.  Needless to say, he beat be by 12 minutes!  His wife didn't run today, else she would have beat me as well, I'm pretty sure.

Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I enjoyed that. Every downhill, a girl and one or two guys would pass us, and every uphill we'd catch them again. As promised (or actually warned), there were plenty of hills and turns.

I never went back into the building afterward, so I don't know if they got the flooding under control, or if it filled the building to the ceilings Smile 

(Before the race, something happened and there were pools of water in the hallways of the school building in which registration was held.)

How was your race, Lou?  Well, ok, I just went and logstalked you: "Hilly as ever" Smile

MTA, photo links (same photo, linked two ways in hopes of doubling chance of success):

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

Nice racing, you guys! Geez Perry, you sure were dressed for the day... Don't you overheat with all that?

17.2 miles today and it was not an easy run by any means. Should've had something to eat before I headed out, I think. Stopped several times for street lights (how do urban runners deal with these?), traffic, water break and just plain ol' rest breaks. Gives me 51.2 miles for the week; highest mileage week in a long time (late August?). Legs are tired though...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Don't you overheat with all that?

No, I do better with more clothes than most runners. DW is like me, only even more top layers, and at least two pairs of gloves if it is cold (probably from the low 40s down) -- due to lack of circulation in hands.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I also wore long sleeves and pants.  I could have done without the pants but I don't think they slowed me down.  I rolled up my sleeves for about half of the race but when we turned back into the wind at 7.5 the sleeves came down again.  I might have had my gloves off for a bit as well, but they were back on soon.

I probably would have run faster had I not run 11 on Friday, two days before the race.  Oh well.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com