Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/16 (Read 259 times)

Dave

I guess like that .

You're there now. 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

that's awesome Dave.

Dave

There's a few people in the group that aren't on there.

Cough ... Pam ..... Amanda .... cough ... Vixi.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm on the home page!!  Somehow that might be better than the finisher's medal.  Now I really am a marathoner!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

I love Bugs' and Kimmie's pictures. I don't like mine, or I'm tired of it... But then again, I don't take very good race pictures so whatever.

It's sooo cold out now, got down to -33 last night, it's "only" -26 here now (we live up higher and it's warmer in the hills around here). I might head out for just a couple miles, just to say I did it.

Watch the speed there, Paul. Sometimes after the marathon you feel ready to go long before your muscles and tendons really are.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Raced this morning; had a great race. But it was cold at the start. Way down in the low 40s. Borrowed a long-sleeved shirt from wife and instead of tossing it at the start, wore it for 18mi, then tossed it to a relative driving by. I can't imagine sub-zero temp running....

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Perry-  i just log stalked and saw that you ran a marathon in 3:16?!!!   Wow!!!   And you are so casual about it.  "I raced this morning"   All calm like it was a 5k or something.   I must not have been paying attention to know that this race was coming up for you.  Good job!!  Tell us more.

And Erika-  I don't like my picture either.  It looks like I'm posing or something?  

I love low 40s Smile

Thanks, Dave.  That's one of my favorites -- I tried to photoshop out the guy behind me, but couldn't make it look right 

Hmm.  I'm sure I have a good picture of Erika, but not one while she's running...

Oh, I like this one.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I like the one Kimmie mentioned . Too bad that woman is right next to you. IF only she was a ways behind that would be the perfect one!

Got in 12 miles earlier. Didn't have a lot of pep so it wasn't the workout I had wanted.   I woke up not feeling too hot and my right side has been hurting for the last hour. Hope I'm not getting sick Sad  You know it's bad when I go get a frozen coke (hoping it would make me feel better) and after a few sips it goes right into the freezer. Anyway instead of helping dh with rearranging furniture I'm getting ready to lay down in hopes my side stops hurting.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Oh and CONGRATS Perry on your new PR!!!! NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Love it when the last mile of a marathon is the fastest!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wow, Perry, congrats!  I guess you *do* like racing in the cold.

Dave

OK.  Everyone has veto power over any photo (of them) on the frontpage.  I took it off.

I replaced it with that very nice picture Lou gave me 

I don't like mine, or I'm tired of it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

WOW PERRY. YOU ROCK! That's amazingly fast.

14 miles at 4:30 a.m avg pace 9:20. Suckered TWO friends to run it with me. Need a nap badly....

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

14 miles at 4:30 a.m avg pace 9:20. Suckered TWO friends to run it with me. Need a nap badly....

Ha, that's very entertainingly phrased Smile

I needed a nap myself, had one, and popped back up to have some leftover rare roast beef. Yummm. Getting my iron in. Heh.

MTA: Thanks everyone - I really had fun. And had a great sprint finish. The guy I was running with (Quint from RA) was beyond my ability to catch him, but I passed almost everyone in between us over the last 6mi, and coming to the finish line, I was catching up to one more guy, so I yelled out "Coming through". The objective, of course, was too scare or excite him into sprinting, to help me sprint -- he pushed a little, but I blew by. I like burning myself out at the end Smile

Lou, you have great photos.

Pam, hope you just have transient soreness or something, and no illness.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Good morning!

Ran 7 miles this morning with two friends.  About a 9:30 pace, felt harder than that at times.  I can tell I'm not in the shape I was in last year, but I will get it back.

Have  a great day you all!

Everyone have a great day.  No running for me as I had a rough night, feeling poorly.  No big deal but I'm not in shape to run today.

I hope Erika doesn't mind the picture.  Of course, that's PDR on the other side of me.