Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/7. (Read 247 times)

Dave

All this talk of cold weather running and cross training has me feeling guilty about my run this morning.  OK, not exactly guilty.

Got in a little over 6 miles in what must've been 70F.  Huge humidity but still nice, down along the river in New Orleans.  Still no self control.  Ran mile 5 in 7:20. 

I will go again tomorrow morning since my flight isn't until a little later in the morning.  Forecast is for weather in the 30's but I'm not complaining

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Dam cat was typing again.

Bugs

A little windy this morning but temps weren't as bad as I thought they'd be -- I overdressed a bit.  At least it wasn't raining.  I think my running shoes are still wet from yesterday.  (I rotate two pair so I ran in dry shoes today)

9.1 miles, 1:15:02, 8:13/mi, AHR 160 (78% MHR)

I hate it when the damn cat starts typing for me.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy Camper

Just have to love this week.  More miles than degrees this morning and all I had to run was 8. 

Real heat wave isn't it  Erika? 

Amazing how soaking wet from sweat I was as soon as I got inside the garage. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

theyapper

On the road again...

Had an enjoyable 2.3 mile run this afternoon.  Felt great.  Now, to start a fire.

It's taking me longer than I thought to build my weekly mileage back up, but there's no hurry.  I've got the rest of my life to get back in the swing of things.  This week will be the first one I've run more than 3 times since the marathon and it will probably be close to 20 miles total.  I'm feeling pretty good.

Have a great night, everyone.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Good to see you back Paul. You have a good attitude about getting back to running. Sometimes I feel like running lots sometime I just want to veg, and I've learned it is not so bad just to rest sometimes.

I'm in a mini-cutback for a four mile race this weekend. Just four miles on the TM. Have not tried running in these cold temps but am getting restless for fresh air. This race is weird, as it is Satuday at 4:00 p.m., you get a fleece sweatshirt, race is in a small town about 25 miles from Mankato and they have over 500 walkers and runners. Heck of a turn out for the first year.

Bugs

Kimmie

More miles than degrees... wow... I'm pretty sure I've only done that once.

I think it takes me awhile to get used to the cold again.   Ran this morning in 20 degrees... not too bad compared to some places, but felt really chilly to me.  I seem to be feeling better about my running.  I want to build gradually back without panicking that I'm only running 4 miles when I think I should be running 9.   

Have fun at your race, Bugs!

Bugs

20F is a heat wave. That is the temp expected for tomorrow. I'm finding the nylons keep me very warm.

I have a tip for everyone with back issue. I recently purchased a miracle ball. I roll my back on it, and sometimes put it under my tail bone and lay on it on the floor, rests my back muscles. Any old ball would probably do but the miracle ball is just the right size and flattens just the right amount. I've been rolling on it each morning and I hear a crackle in my back. Seems to help my shoulders.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Your heat wave is my frighteningly cold wave. Just crossed under freezing. I got out a ski mask. Using it tomorrow too.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

I'd love to see +20F again... maybe next week, late.

Didn't get to the gym at lunch, had to run errands. And then we had a party for a gal who's been here 3 years (we don't do birthdays, we do anniversaries). The no-birthday rule came about for two reasons: most people don't want to celebrate something so personal with the work peeps, and birthdays usually = cake, cookies, ice cream, etc. The anniversary parties are better: veggies, crackers and cheese, etc. But, it's usually very good and plentiful. I feel like I've had two lunches. urp. And no workout. ugh. So... I'm heading to the pool for some pool running later. Hoping to run this weekend... more miles than degrees just by leaving the house!

6 miles with the running club and others to support the Frederick Rescue Mission -- the yearly Jingle Bell Run through Frederick.  At the end the mission fed us and gave tours -- we didn't stay for the tour -- too much stuff to do today, but they do good work feeding the local homeless.  I guess there are about 200 folks fed every day.

6.1 miles, 1:00:45, 9:56/mi, AHR 126 (61% MHR)

A little warmer here -- it was about 27° at 7am when we started.

Kimmie

Good morning!

Perry- ski mask?  I don't think I've ever worn a ski mask.   This morning's run was 25 degrees, no wind.  Not bad at all,  Colder temps makes me break out the leopard print hat and gloves.  People comment.  I smile.

10 miles in 1:34 or so... not sure since my watch is fried again.  Looking forward to hopefully a GARMIN from Santa and then I can post HR too.

Sounds like  a good run for a good cause, Lou.

Have a good one all!

Perry- ski mask?  

Yeah, I was going to say...

I have worn a ski mask but I think probably at 10° or below.

We all have our own thermostats, don't we?

Smile

Dave

Ski masks.  Very helpful if you want to rob a liquor store on the way back from your run, I guess.

Saturday morning treadmill run during DD4's "soccer class" at our gym.  Felt like I could've kept going another hour but her class was over too soon.  5.6 miles at about an 8:50 pace give or take.  

Nice to see weather warming back above the more miles than degrees levels.  We're in the upper 20's today and if it holds, I may try to get outside tomorrow.  

I'm still not cranking any real mileage but I did go over 1000 last week and seem to be settling into the mid-20s per week.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

10-miler was fun this morning.  Predicted 1:25:00,  ran 1:23:47.  I had to leave so I don't know who had the closest prediction.  I knew being off that much I wouldn't be close.  It was the best conditions for the run I think I've run it.  No snow on the trail portion and less wind.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.