pace2race  42.5 mi 6:55:10
    Bugs 37 mi 5:39:35
    CaraH 35 mi 5:13:48
    irpete 23 mi 3:43:11
    Kimmie  12 mi 2:04:00
    theyapper66 9.5 mi 1:23:15
    lilcat19 7.1 mi 1:09:05
    Cashmason  5.3 mi 48:39

My lowest week in a long time.  Running only twice doesn't help the mileage, but the second time was a 5k and I shaved a bit more time off my PR.  Came in at 23:37 I think.

4 this morning, so I'm on pace to easily double last week's total.  Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

4 this morning, so I'm on pace to easily double last week's total.  Big grin

Woohoo, go Paul! Smile

Also, congrats on the new PR.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Happy Camper

Nice time Paul! Congratulations. 

Maybe a day off from running.  Legs hurt and I hear thunder.  I got rained on for 3-miles yesterday with a little bit of hail thrown in for good measure. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We had a thunderstorm warning this weekend where they mentioned hail, but I didn't believe them. However, the front cooled it off, and it was down in the 70s today, and really lovely.   Also I ran my fourth 400 of a set today really fast and just about tied my 400 PR. Then I skipped the next several because I was tired Smile

evanflein

I haven't run since last Saturday. But that was my second marathon in two weeks, so I guess that's ok. I'm in Anchorage for two days of meetings so will try to get out tomorrow morning for a run. Will have to use "mapmyrun" for distance since I didn't bring my Garmin. 

Had an awesome time at Newport, ran a 3:30:49 and felt pretty good throughout. Some cramping in my feet, but other than that pretty good. Was hoping for 3:30 but I'm totally happy with this, a PR of almost 2 minutes. Legs felt great the next day, like I hadn't run more than an easy long run. It got pretty hot, and lots of runners were dropping like crazy. I'd gotten my last two long runs in (and the weeks in between) in upper 70's temps, so it didn't feel bad to me. But Oregon has had such a cool wet spring they just weren't used to it. 

Spent the next week mostly in Scottsdale, AZ with DH, then we drove up to Flagstaff on Thursday where I ran a nice run on the trails of Thorpe Park, peaking at 7,300 feet. Then Friday we hiked around Grand Canyon (South Rim, and mainly the Kaibab Trail), then to 4 Corners, then off to Jemez Springs NM. I can't believe how much driving we did, but it sure was fun.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats on the PR, and sounds like a nice trip. Any bears or moose or elk or... caribou?  ... reindeer?

Nice racing, Erika!  You, too, Paul!  PRs everywhere in team blister.

<whine>

I haven't been able to run since Sunday's trail run, where I apparently did something to mess up the joint in my big toe.  Got xray'd yesterday.  The PA there didn't see anything but they sent it to a radiologist.  First time I've been off three days for the longest time, and I know I have at least several more in front of me.  Makes me grumpy.

</whine>

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Sorry about your toe, Lou.  Sorry I read about you trip/race and got jealous, Erika. Wink Congrats on the PR.

Had a nice, easy out and back this morning.  Cooler temps - low 60s - made it even more enjoyable.  A bit over 4 miles total.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Congrats on a great PR, Paul!   I'm somehow missed it.... we need more details, people.    And to you too, Miss Erika-  you are on fire lately!

Glad you're having a good time on your trip.   

Sorry to hear about your toe, Lou.   Hopefully it's nothing major- short lived time off....

I am so bad with cross training-   I have such good intentions and then just dont do it.   I went to the pool, but got talking to some friends, and just didn't do much with actual pool running or swimming.

But, I've been stretching and finally got out today after 3 days off and felt great.   Just 5 miles, but a 8:55 pace, so, off to foam roll and stretch some more.

evanflein

I think cross training is something you have to get into the habit of doing. It's easy to let a few days slack off here and there, and then it just seems like such an effort to do. I know I really enjoyed my lunchtime gym dates with DH this past spring. He got into the habit of working out and I had a workout partner so it was great for both of us. With the summer, I tend to run outside during lunch for most days of the week so we've already sort of fallen out of the habit. He still goes, but not as much. Just need to make more of an effort to do it. I like to run at lunch in the summer because after work is typically when the thunderstorms move in. Good way to get soaked on the run...

Congrats on the 5k PR, Paul. I missed that earlier. It does seem like you get to the point where those 5k (and 10k) PR's get eeked out in seconds vs minutes as you run more.

Sorry about the toe, Lou. Isn't it amazing how one small body part can just make running virtually impossible? I mean, it's a toe... not your hip or leg or back or... I hope it's just bruised and nothing more serious.

So what happened to Gen? You guys run her off or something?

5.1 miles this morning, as measured by mapmyrun. Got done before the "real" rain started, so that's nice. Anchorage has some really nice bikepaths and multi-use trails that I love running on. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

First OWS of the year this evening. Swam dead last. Working hard and couldn't keep up. But felt good afterward.

Sorry about the toe, Lou. Isn't it amazing how one small body part can just make running virtually impossible? I mean, it's a toe... not your hip or leg or back or... I hope it's just bruised and nothing more serious.

Thanks, Erika.  Unfortunately, there's a broken bone spur.  Something about arthritis.  So I'll be out for a few weeks -- no biggie at this time of my cycle, but I'll lose some conditioning and have to build it back.  Nothing I can do about it so I'll just try to enjoy the extra sleep.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Maybe you can get some cross-training in? Or I guess if it is just a few weeks, maybe you can enjoy life more with more time available to you Smile

Thanks, Perry.  Not sure what cross training I could do other than upper body.  Elliptical is out, I think, as is bicycle.  Swimming would be ok but I have no place to do it.  

Happy Camper

(C rosses fingers) There were times today I wasn't even thinking about my knotted up left calf muscle.  It felt normal.  I hope it's nearly mended.

8-miles and change this morning and core work at the gym tonight.  Not racing tomorrow because I don't want to risk jacking up either leg, even if it's just a 5k. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.