Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/15 (Read 307 times)

Regardless of the humbling time, I bet you're glad you finished now.  Congratulations on toughing it out with limited conditioning.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Yeah you did amazing!!!!
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Been racing all week, including this morning -- 5K in heat and humidity, but overcast, so no sun. Shocking 18:02 finish -- suspect course was a bit short.

But after all my racing (6 track events Wed night, open mile Thu night, 5K this morning), what really wiped me out was a 12mi run tonight. DW had it on her schedule for long run and felt like company, so I met her at end of Maryland Day. I ran a mile warmup while she changed from 17th Century clothes to running clothes, then we ran 12mi. In est. 87F, humid, and sunny. And I was beat before mi 6. So she had company, but it was a dragging grumbling husband, who kept asking if it wouldn't be easier to just stop now instead of continuing.... Smile

Feel a bit sick to my stomach now, and am still recovering, and she is still trying to talk me into eating something with protein.

Am focussing on ice water now - I love ice water -- but I'm so tired that even a little ice water makes me feel cold immediately.

So this 12mi in heat and sun and humidity wiped me out. Sure am glad I wasn't doing any marathon nonsense in it Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Those conditions were awful, Bugs. 

Trent was talking 3:25 and he finished in 3:58 or something like that.  You did the best you could and you logged another marathon.  That was enough in those conditions.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Looks like Trent crashed and burned -- that sounds like it was pretty unpleasant near the end.

8.1 miles, 1:34:55, 11:45/mi, AHR 136 (70% MHR)

A little slower -- couldn't make these legs go any faster for some reason.  Also got pretty tired near the end.

Congrats Bugs! Way to tough it out hun! Unlike you I can NOT tolerate the heat. I used to be able to but not anymore, so no summer marathons for me.

Nice walk Lou! Talk about speedy!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all our Blister dads!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

I need pictures and more details bugs!

I wonder where everyone is?  Hope all you Dads had a great Father's Day.  We've spent the day hanging out and now DH is out to a movie with a friend... something he wanted to do, so go for it!

I ran 6.5-7 very hilly, very slow miles this morning.  I sure overdid it yesterday.  I'm hoping all these struggling runs are just because I've not paid close attention to how to space out my workouts and the heat.  Ugh...

We were at PDR's dad's place, grilling steak.  He lives in a nursing home and this meal was several steps above what he normally gets to eat.  It was a beautiful day, and they have a nice courtyard.  We bring over our travel grill, which worked just fine.

No walk for me this morning -- I decided to rest the back a bit, to help assure I'll be ready to come back next week.

Kimmie

good morning you all. 

After being so sore, I decided to do cycle for cardio instead of running today... but I don't feel like it's the equivalent...  Cash?  It's hard to know where to put the resistance and I kept wanting it to be harder.

I may run later when DH gets home.

Sounds like a nice day, Lou.