Marathon Trainers

week of 9/14 (Read 290 times)

Bugs

Pam,

How old are your kids? What does your husband do? I have to say there are times I am very jealous of your stay at home working mom status. Sounds like your DH must have a pretty good job, so maybe a little extra stress is worth putting up with now and then?

JellyFish,

Sometimes I don't know if what I am doing now is training, although I seem to be running training runs faster. I'm just running and juggling everything else and everybody seems pretty happy in the household and that is more important that a 5K time in my log ...right now.

Erika,

Bad moose. If I were a moose no way I'd mess with Erika.

Oh it is hot here. TM tonight for a second jog.

Bugs

My oldest is a sophmore in college (almost 20) then Jordan who's almost 19 then Nikko who's almost 18, then Frankie and Katie who are 8 and of course Kallie and Lokie who are 2 Wink My husband is a Network engineer. Jordan and Nikko live in Florida with their father (have for the past few years) so I only have the twins and the animals at home. I've wanted to get back to work or even go back to school however with Ken's schedule and the fact that he's on call every 3 weeks and the twins get out of school every Wed at 1:15  it just doesn't pay for me to work, that and the job market is SUCKING right now, especially with someone with my limited work background. Anyway with his job it's not just a little stress. HOWEVER considering he was out of work a year ago we deal with it. The envirement he works in is TOXIC (OLD SCHOOL Management who rule by fear)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

Pam - RAL = Run At Lunch

Bugs - I think that sounds like a great plan!!!

Erika - Bad Moose Bad Bad Bad

7 and change for me tonight... good thing it only took 5.5 to loosen up! haha

Bugs

Pam,

I can relate to putting up with a husband that is on call. It very much sucks for the supporting spouse but you're right just glad you have a job.  Maybe be a fitness trainer like Kim,

Kim,

There is this fitness trainer here who has this crazy boom of a business. She started holding "boot camps" outside this summer, and you got a full body random workout. One thing she had them doing was running up and down hills, pushups, misc crazy stuff.  You didn't have sign-up before hand, you just showed up and paid $5 to attend. Mostly just word-of mouth is spreading that it is one hell of a workout. She is renting a gym this winter for the classes. I have never gone but I am super jealous of the business she is building.

Bugs

Darn mooses (meese?)

Kim - that's one cute kid

Where's the others?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Got my eyes dilated this morning. It was cloudy driving over, but bright & sunny when we came back out, so I went to sleep when I got home -- as mowing or running were right out.

In some other thread I saw JF ask someone about the Delaware 100, and it is in Wilmington this weekend 'parently -- I was so tempted to try to go up there and do it. Not that I'd finish it, mind you, but to have fun going a long way, hopefully setting a personal record for distance, and putting out for myself a mark I could try to better next year.

But then it occurred to me that I have a goal mara in 2.5 wks, and so that is 2 wks out from it. Isn't there some saying about when you're that close, nothing can help you, but some things can definitely harm you? -- I'm pretty sure that would fall into the can *definitely* harm me, so I reluctantly have discarded that idea.

PS: I barely have patience to deal with regular house stuff; I'd never survive remodelling.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oh, and I was going to try to drive 2hrs each way to run w JF & Trent, but failed at the getting up at 0300 part. Which was probably for the best as I went in that day and worked 18 hours (on some overstressed project). But I would like to make another of these local get-togethers sometime; I really enjoyed the National one.

JF: You've read Jake's race day tips right? I mean, not that you'll learn anything important from it, but it's a hoot Smile

There you are, Perry!  Good to hear from you.

Oh Mighty Wing

Perry - the 2 hour drive was ROUGH!!! but worth it. haha if you change your mind on the 100 let me know - i'll come down and watch. I have a 5k that afternoon so I can't run with you. but that won't stop me from coming down LOL And I have read that - it makes me laugh - that JK is a funny guy - I miss him!

No time to chat, running late...

8.2 miles, 1:07:50, 8:17/mi, AHR 160 (82% MHR)

(HRM was wacko again, so HR was really lower than that)

Good morning everyone!! My plans changed for my run this morning. Instead of hills I'll either do my mid long run or my long run. I'm gonna just go with the flow. Hills will probably be this weekend. Weight workout again tonight with dh.  Looks to be perfect running weather! HAPPY HUMP DAY EVERYONE!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ringmaster

Hi, all, sorry I've been MIA. I've been in a real running funk this week, and it just came upon me very suddenly. My knees don't feel right, which makes all my runs feel tougher than they should. Both my shoes have close to 250 miles on them (I mean both pairs, ha!), so I got new ones and am hoping that will solve the problem.

In the meantime, I've decided not to worry too much about sticking to the schedule. I'm still several weeks out from my target half, over sixteen weeks away from the marathon, so if I lose some mileage, not a huge deal. Ran only 8 instead of a long run Saturday, and I plan to run a 10k this week instead of my originally scheduled 16--I've got several of those spread out over the course of the schedule before the half.  I figure a race will do more for my flagging spirits than a long run.

Sorry 'bout the remodel, Bugs. DH and I are thinking about a bigger place and just the thought of moving makes me nervous. Hope it goes quickly now.

Pam, it seems like your kids get out of school early--what time do they start?

Kim, that was a sweet way for your daughter to assert her love for you. If my ds ever tells me he loves me more than his monkey I'll fall over.

All for now. Everyone start praying I get my mojo back by race day Saturday. A PR is unlikely but I'd like to not embarrass myself. Thanks!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                          Mile by Mile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Perry - the 2 hour drive was ROUGH!!! but worth it. haha if you change your mind on the 100 let me know - i'll come down and watch. I have a 5k that afternoon so I can't run with you. but that won't stop me from coming down LOL And I have read that - it makes me laugh - that JK is a funny guy - I miss him!

Yeah, there's the worst part about looking at a dangerous cliff you want to climb down, but know you shouldn't --when someone else says, oh, yeah, that would be really fun, I'll hold the camera and shoot video, go ahead and do it!

Oh Mighty Wing

Yeah, there's the worst part about looking at a dangerous cliff you want to climb down, but know you shouldn't --when someone else says, oh, yeah, that would be really fun, I'll hold the camera and shoot video, go ahead and do it!

*snerk* I mean no don't do it be smart.

Kimmie

Good afternoon all-  still waiting for final approval on my substitute stuff...

until then-  I will take advantage of being able to run in the middle of the day.  I got a little over 6 miles in...  gorgeous outside.

VixiDu-  I sending big mojo vibes your way!  Smile