Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/6 (Read 341 times)

evanflein

I don't know... we were going to stay with a colleague of DH's and that fell thru. Now I've got other (work) travel set for the following week. Not looking good. And given the amount of burnout I've been feeling lately, that idea sounded a lot better a couple months ago when I was all excited about it.

Bugs

I don't know... we were going to stay with a colleague of DH's and that fell thru. Now I've got other (work) travel set for the following week. Not looking good. And given the amount of burnout I've been feeling lately, that idea sounded a lot better a couple months ago when I was all excited about it.
      I say you and Shan come run Fargo. I'll be pick you guys up in the cities on Friday. I've got a hotel room for Fargo, or we can stay at my sisters. I'll drive you guys back on Sunday. DH said he was going to come with me, but his parents canceled on coming to Fargo so I think he'd rather fish that weekend. He'll have to figure that out how to do that with two kids. Prices for Fargo go up on the 15th, so we should decide soon. I don't want to mention it to DH unless I think it's a go. Kim, want to run Fargo? Make it a girls team blister weekend.

Bugs

Dave

Peer pressure got me out the door today. Hoping to get over 50 miles this week. Ran just under 4 as a PDR (pre-dusk runner) just to get the miles in. Hoping for another 5-6 tomorrow, then at least 18 on Sunday.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

6.3 miles today at the beach. Best run of the year. Didn't pay attention to time, just had a fun, relaxing run, and the miles just seemed to flow.

Bugs

Dave, we must be competing again. Good to keep the muscles active everyday. Coach limited me to 1 hour runs this week with the exception of a 1:30 long run. Looking forward to a morning run with a friend and an afternoon run in the sun. Am tempted to register for marine corps marathon but son's birthday is the next day. I can't start missing birthdays till he's at least 12.

Bugs

Dave

I will not run USMC this year. Columbus is looking much more likely. Or Detroit. Kim, I'd say I would be better than 50/50 for the HM next week except that I may have to drive up to Michigan for another house hunting trip.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dave

Jellyfish is at it again today. Those are a couple of SERIOUS hills. Good luck, Shan!

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Clear sailing (?) after mile 12 Good luck, Shan! For me, a little recovery run on my rest day. 3.1 miles, 29:01, 9:14/mi, AHR 132 (68% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

4 hours of sleep.... this is gonna be brutal.... nap on the beach afterward will be a must!

Happy Camper

Good running today JF/Shan! 20.57-miles in 3:37:10. Ugly, ugly run. Nicest weather in two days though. Nice not getting rained on and less wind too. I will head back to the trails tomorrow.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Hey, p2r! Nice run, no matter if it was ugly.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Hope Shan's race went well. I love Muir woods and can't imagine running a marathon through there. I am just now getting ready to go out for my long run. Smile Was up late last night and slept in, then started playing with the kids and now I'm finally going to do it. I also was waiting for the rain to stop. 14 miles- I think it's sprinkling but I won't melt. I wish I could run Fargo- I think the relay might be pushing my limits with how much time I can be gone from my family. We should just pick a fall marathon and plan for it... hard to pick, though with family, finances, etc... Dave, that's a lot of miles for someone who isn't training for anything specific. I mentioned to my running group that I wasn't signed up for the LAWS half marathon and they were very surprised... again, I feel guilty being gone again with the races. We'll see.

Hail to The Victors!

I will not run USMC this year. Columbus is looking much more likely. Or Detroit. Kim, I'd say I would be better than 50/50 for the HM next week except that I may have to drive up to Michigan for another house hunting trip.
                            That house you guys were looking at fall through? That's too bad, if so. Give me a little warning, I'll head on over and we'll catch a run, maybe at Kensington or another Metropark someplace. Just not Sunday-Tuesday next week, we have an in-law infestation to deal with. Bugs, I'll be in Minnesota (down by Worthington) June 4-8, visiting my parents (my first visit in a very long time). I might get as far north as Marshall for a 10K on that Saturday, but that depends on a lot of things right now (like my old XC coach racing that race, and his kid making it to State in track, which is that weekend).

Happy Camper

Kimmie: Start times for AO are posted. My team starts at 10:15 AM.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

That house you guys were looking at fall through? That's too bad, if so. Give me a little warning, I'll head on over and we'll catch a run, maybe at Kensington or another Metropark someplace. Just not Sunday-Tuesday next week, we have an in-law infestation to deal with.
                                Yep. Fell through. Couple of other bidders and I'm not chasing any property in this market. Lots of other options. But I do need to get back up there to look. 8 with the HRM today. Mostly easy. 147 AHR. 8:23 pace. First run in a while with the HRM. Seems to be good news. HR staying down mostly. We've had a sick kid almost all weekend. Temp of 104 yesterday so we took her in. Just a virus but a pretty aggressive one. Wonder how Murphy is doing? Great job, Shan. That was a tough course.

dgb2n@yahoo.com