Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/6 (Read 341 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - where/when are you running?
      Lou - where/when are you running?
      Boston, Patriot's Day (4/20). Uh, 12 days (yikes!)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

oooohhhhh ok!! YEAH GOOD LUCK!!!!
        evanflein

I'm going to run smarter this time, I hope (I tend to go out too fast -- sound familiar Smile), but even so this is a very difficult course, with hills in all the wrong places.
          Everyone keeps saying that, but it's my PR course! Pretty sure it won't be this year, but sure surprised me last year! Yeah, Cash, you're probably going to hell indeed. But that was a very clever move on your part.

Oh Mighty Wing

cash - that story made me laugh.

Bugs

Cash, That is too funny, and yes you're going to hell so you my as well be Shan's cabana boy. Big grin Shan, You're living the wild and crazy 20s I never had, and trust me there are lots of cabana boys. If you can't find a few of them a string of ironmen will do. Erika, Maybe you will be more rested this time and surprise yourself. The weather was almost perfect last year, maybe it will be a little less windy this year.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, You're living the wild and crazy 20s I never had, and trust me there are lots of cabana boys. If you can't find a few of them a string of ironmen will do.
                I think your hopes for my excitement is a little too high. And I think i'm probably a little too picky... is it really too much to ask to have endurance athlete eye candy??? a random flirtation with a cute marathoner/cyclist/ironman/triathlete... really is that asking too much??

Bugs

Shan, If you run one marathon a week and not once get a dinner date you're doing something wrong. My recommendation is go after the pacers. I've yet to meet one I don't like.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, If you run one marathon a week and not once get a dinner date you're doing something wrong. My recommendation is go after the pacers. I've yet to meet one I don't like.
                    ok to be fair the last marathon I ran had 21 marathoners. and I did make one friend - but he was 19... so you know... but cute as can be. oh and I met a very cute almost new yorker at the one before... but I met him before the race which isn't the right way to go because there is NO pen and you can't count on seeing each other afterwards... so you know i'm working on my meet someone at a marathon game plan... OMG I figured it out... I need to get FASTER!!! then I'll be around when the boys finish and they'll drool and talk to me because you know - i'm fast and cute!! hahahhahahahhahaahhahahahhahaha

Bugs

Now you're thinking Shan. I agree it would be hard to get a man's attention before the race. But these stories are good, bring back more of them. Now I was must get back to my real life...dirty laundry, dirty dishes, etc... Live it up Shan!

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Now you're thinking Shan. I agree it would be hard to get a man's attention before the race. But these stories are good, bring back more of them. Now I was must get back to my real life...dirty laundry, dirty dishes, etc... Live it up Shan!
                        getting the attention is NOT the problem... it's them acting on it that's the problem... apparently I'm pretty darn intimidating!!
                        Cashmason

For Lou, Beer miles: Here's Sean's Beer Mile wrap-up: EVENT TRAINING Event: Beer Mile Event Description ... 4 beers and 4 laps of the track Drink one, run one (repeat 4 times) One lap penalty if you throw up Skills Required ... Ability to chug quickly Ability to burp while running fast Ability to resist the urge to throw up Warm Up Routine ... Jog 30 minutes easy Drink 1-2 beers to prepare for chug Stretch Race Strategy ... Start fast Burp often Slow pace on last 30 meters of each 400 meter lap to lower heart rate before chugging When you start to doubt yourself, remember you have been training all your life for this Finish strong Warm Down Move to hidden area and throw up Enjoy sipping on a cold one to celebrate Younger Legs would add that the first can of beer may not be opened until the starting pistol has been fired ... not that YL would know anything about beer miles ... or ever have participated in one.

Bugs

I drank DH's beer tonight, then ran 5.9 miles and proud of it. Beer is the answer. (BTW, the wine did nothing for me.)

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

how long did you wait?? because I ate lunch and had a glass of wine and after 15 minutes went running - cramp! it was not good!!! but the wine I've had since then is VERY good!!!
                                For Lou, Beer miles:
                                hahaha. but it makes me a little nauseous just thinking about it Smile No run for me today.
                                Everyone keeps saying that, but it's my PR course!
                                You ran a hellova race last year, Erika. Do you have any hints how to get an 11 minute PR (!) at Boston?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com