Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/6 (Read 341 times)

Erika! The key is to figuring out how fast you can run. Just because you feel good at the start doesn't mean the pace you're running is what you can sustain. My PR marathon was on my second race, and I ran within myself. I've been trying to run faster than that by starting faster -- I do this every time you'd think I'd figure it out -- intellectually I know I should start at the same speed as I started that race, and trust my training/conditioning to allow me to hold that pace longer, or maybe even pick it up at the end.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Marathon is a tricky distance, that's for sure. Really awesome track workout tonight... amazed I was able to run that fast. Wonder if I should run that half or not.

Oh Mighty Wing

too much to read - awful day - already half way into a bottle of wine - I LOVE YOU BITCHES!!!!!!
        evanflein

Shan needs a drinking buddy. Why was your day so bad, Honey? Hope you can get some rest and tomorrow will be a better day. Kimmie: I say yes you should. 5 miles tonight, too fast for my planned "easy" run, but oh well. I think tomorrow will be a rest day. Same with Monday, and maybe Tuesday. We leave next Friday. Holy crap this is getting close!

Oh Mighty Wing

I DO!!! It's true!!! umm well I left the hotel at 7:30am. one of the roads I needed was closed, the other called for chains, I drove 45 minutes out of my way to get around that. About 1030 I was hungry but the only thing the little towns I was passing through had was pizza joints - no dinners (east coast is full of diners)... by 12:30 I arrive in Yosemite - ooohh hunky dude at the gate - half an hour in - CRAP flat tire... drive to gas station - oh gas stations don't have service stations - keep driving - an HOUR later I find a tire place - i'm in tears -I mean sure I changed my flat so I was driving on the doughnut but still - the guys is very very laid back - he pulls a 3 INCH nail from my tire - ok so I'm an hour from the park and an hour closer to home - guess i'm heading back to hotel... so I drive - then I hit a snow storm in the mountains - the warning says you should have chains on - but I don't... so I keep going.... finally I make it home - at 6:15!!! and when I get here my internet doesn't work - although it does now...
            Cashmason

Shan Hugs! Think you needed that.

Oh Mighty Wing

thanks!!

Bugs

Look, Shan picked the Team Blister Fall Marathon: 10/25 - JellyFish - Marine Corps 26.2 We better hurry up and register??????

Bugs

evanflein

Aww Shan, you had an experience today. But you know what? You got through it, and you made it back. Not sure what you were planning on doing in Yosemite today, but it'll be there another day. {{{JellyShan}}} you need a good night's sleep now, ok?

Oh Mighty Wing

Yeah it was an experience and it was good! Good to have done it by myself! Yes bed now so I can travel early tomorrow! Smile
                        Shan, that's too bad, but like Erika and you said you got through it, and did it on your own. Good job! Marine corp marathon -- some day. Geez, it is local but we haven't gotten around to that one yet. 5.1 miles, 45:32, 8:55/mi, AHR 141 (72% MHR) included 6x20sec striders in 4th mile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Early run today before we head out of town for a day or two. A nice easy 4.7 miles. Shan, the great thing about days like you had yesterday is that today has to be better! Wink

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

. Shan, the great thing about days like you had yesterday is that today has to be better! Wink
                            Ditto this! Safe travels Shan and good luck tomorrow!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Got in a nice early run yesterday despite feeling a bit off. Felt better after breakfast. Twins and I took our Golden Retreiver to the vet and pet store But within a half hour getting home my temp went from 99.1 to 100.6. Started getting chills and feeling like death. Fortunatly the twins were both at a friends house so I slept until close to 5 pm. Temp was in the mid 99's for the rest of the evening. Took nyquil before bed, woke up with temp at 98.2 and feeling fine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my body just kicked ass cause I really don't want to get as bad as dh was last weekend. I promised dh this morning that I wouldn't run later IF I was feeling sick at all (he'll be running part of my run with me if I do get out and run) Have a GREAT weekend

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Erika, You still planning on running that St. Cloud Marathon in MN May 9th? Shan's talking about running Fargo. Would love to ditch my DH and pick-up Team Blister in the cities and head to Fargo...would have to ditch my DH.

Bugs